Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

I read somewhere on these boards the charge for Murano is $30pp,Tuscan Grill $25, and Silk Harvest $20.

And Blu is only open to AQ and suite pax. Even though =X= still refers to it as a 'specialty' restaurant. :confused:

I think I have a solution to allowing more folks the opportunity to try Blu.

All we will need to do is an exchange program.

For example, we are booked in a Sky Suite and will be eating most of our evening meals in the Grand Epernay, Main Seating. If we would post a notice on a bulletin board, expressing our desire to try Blu tomorrow evening, and a couple that are in AQ class wants to try the Main Dining Room, all we would have to do is contact each other and exchange table and time info, and then make the switch. Perhaps each would have a copy of a form/note that shows the agreed upon switch.

This seems to be the simplest method of allowing folks to try different venues, without the restaurant staff trying to make reservations and keep it in order.

Hypo

And Blu is only open to AQ and suite pax. Even though =X= still refers to it as a 'specialty' restaurant. :confused:

Actually Blu is a specialty restaurant and will be open to others, space permitting. I don't think it's exclusive to suite passengers though but is to AC pax.

Actually Blu is a specialty restaurant and will be open to others, space permitting. I don't think it's exclusive to suite passengers though but is to AC pax.

As per Host Anne who attended last week's Solstice presentation in Miami, =X= has changed its policy on Blu. You can read her posting here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15419880&postcount=322

As per Host Anne who attended last week's Solstice presentation in Miami, =X= has changed its policy on Blu. You can read her posting here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15419880&postcount=322

sorry, I didn't see that. Either way, I'm going to be on the Equinox and very, very happy, wherever I get to eat!

SOLSTICE will have both bedding arrangements in standard balcony cabins (and Aqua Class). Every other cabin will have a different arrangement of bedding. Half of the cabins will have the bed next to the glass sliding door with the sitting area in the interior of the cabin. The other half will have the bed in the interior of the cabin with the sitting area right next to the glass sliding door. The reason is because of the interlocking cabin design. There will be a small part of the cabin that protrudes into the adjacent cabin, and that part of the cabin is where the bed is located. Think of it as a repeating puzzle with two pieces that fit together. How you determine which cabins have which kind of bedding configuration is unknown, as Celebrity does not show it on their deck plans.

Ernie

Do any of you all know what staterooms have the bed next to the balcony and which have the bed next to the hallway door...Thanks for any help. I have booked the equinox, sister ship and really want to bed next to the balcony doors. I booked an Aqua Class. Also, I booked a stateroom in back of the hump....because the front part is directly under the pool areas...At least on Princess that was not the best location.....it seemed that all the noises keep a lot of others up all night because of the pool locations.....

Thanks, Alexis....:confused:

Thanks Pat: I too called Captains club and verified those specialty resturant prices per person.

They advised that reservations can be made 60-10 days prior to sailing as Petey stated earlier.

I also confirmed that the Aqua class will have the expanded bkfst menu as in CC.

Daph

This may have already been reported - I tried to search this thread, but the search tool was down - but the brochure we got stated the Solstice will have Safes large enough for 'standard laptops'. Good to know.

Denny01

Deck Plan Question?

On the new Solstice on the Resort Deck / AFT Section there are 8 cabins.

On the Penthouse Deck / AFT Section there are 9 cabins.

On the Sky, Panorama, Vista, Sunrise, and Continental Deck / AFT Section there are 10 cabins. Are the cabins on the Resort Deck AFT Section larger?

Deck Plan Question?

On the new Solstice on the Resort Deck / AFT Section there are 8 cabins.

On the Penthouse Deck / AFT Section there are 9 cabins.

On the Sky, Panorama, Vista, Sunrise, and Continental Deck / AFT Section there are 10 cabins. Are the cabins on the Resort Deck AFT Section larger?

Each of the decks has a different mix of cabins.

Cruise 1 ~ we were told at the July 8 Solstice preview that they didn't have deck plans that indicated which cabins had the bed configurations outlined as next to the veranda versus next to the bathroom. They said they would try to work on someway to indicate them but we might have to wait until we board Solstice and see for ourselves. Knowing our CC members, someone will have a map detailing this shortly after Solstice sets sail!

Hi , the countdown is running and early in the morning the 10.August she will docked out from the shipyard Meyer Werft in Papenburg Germany and put to the fitting out quay for 7 weeks.

My wife and I a lot of celibrity fans and shiplovers will be directly LIVE in Papenburg and watch that fabulos event.

When I am back I'll post some LIVE pic shots to all the Solstice Lovers here on board.:D

It may just be the angle, or the lens, but in the latest shipyard blog photo those Bridge Wings look MASSIVE!!!!!!! Also it looks like some folks on Continental Deck (6) forward may enjoy some extra deep balconies - again could be an optical illusion .......

I agree. It appears as though those forward cabins on the two upper decks extend further over the rest of the decks below.

Its very cool!:)

I never stopped updating my time lapse page, if anyone is interested. Please see link bleow signature ...

Enjoy your voyage, wish i could go too...

Pro-AM:cool:

We could not have make it this far in this thread and with so much information for discussion without you!!! Thank you for the ongoing updates. They are great!:)

Archived