Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

I also noticed the balconies on an angle being a bit bigger, especially the outermost angled balcony on the hump, and 3rd one from the outer limit of the hump. I just moved my stateroom this weekend from an aft to one of the larger hump balconies. The afts look like they will not be much larger and will be completely exposed to sun and downward views. Of course, I don't know this for sure, just trying to make my best guess.

I agree with you and would have done the same. Your read is the same as mine from outside to inside the 1st & 3rd on the angle will be the deepest balconies. My call is go for the outermost. ;)

It's hard to tell with the current angle of the pictures but I believe the rooms on the angle about 1/4 back from the bow may be even better. On the hump the rooms themselves stagger outward room by room as the "bump" forms outward. The two rooms on the angle where the ship "narrows" look as if the rooms themselves stay in a straight line while the balcony edge flares out. If that crane was not blocking the view it might be easier to see. That's why I reserved 8199. Time will tell if I'm right.

Rich

If anyone decides to climb over their balcony railing and as a result falls into the ocean, then it's their bloody fault and not the cruiseline. If you are that stupid, you are not supposed to be unsupervised as the mentally retarded always have a guide with them...

NOTHING unsafe about the issue.

It's hard to tell with the current angle of the pictures but I believe the rooms on the angle about 1/4 back from the bow may be even better. On the hump the rooms themselves stagger outward room by room as the "bump" forms outward. The two rooms on the angle where the ship "narrows" look as if the rooms themselves stay in a straight line while the balcony edge flares out. If that crane was not blocking the view it might be easier to see. That's why I reserved 8199. Time will tell if I'm right.

Rich

Actually, the hump rooms stagger 2 by 2, while the outer edge of the veranda goes at a steady angle, so not all hump rooms have the same amount of veranda.

Do we know if there will be a webcam/weekly picture of the ship once it is outside?

Joe and Christine,

Once Solstice undocks, I believe the weekly picture on the webcam will be to view the building of the Equinox, but the shipyard will probably post pictures of Solstice at the pier and at sea as they did recently when AIDAbella was completed.

Actually, the keel laying for Equinox was today. Here's the press release and picture:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1579

See you on the 23rd!

Bonnie

In response to the questions about the partitioners opening between verandas - I emailed Celebrity to see if the verandas would be able to be completely private and separate from the neighbors'. The answer is yes:

"The picture on Cruisecritic.com illustrates the door that is offered on adjoining staterooms that allows the door to be opened so families may enjoy both spaces and not be closed off to each other. The door may be shut, as well, to offer a private space.

All other verandas are private."

Hope to see some of you on Solstice March 1-8!

The live webcam is up on the Meyer Werft website for the out docking (ausdocken) of Solstice that starts around 0030 EDT.

IT is not focused on anything yet, looks mostly like a sky shot, and it is kind of blurry.

Hypo

On the new pictures today, you can really see the first to cabins on the hump towards the aft. They really do look like they have larger triangular shaped balconies.

Congratulations, to those, who had the foresight to book them.

Please report back. I may have to look at these on a subsequent cruise.

Oh yes, does anyone have the cabin numbers for these. The lower decks seem to be 1A and the higher ones, CC.

Archived