Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

I have never cruised Celebrity, but would be very interested in making the Solstice Class my first Celebrity cruise! Just looking at the website made me drool. I'll be watching for all of your reviews with anticipation.:)

We felt the same way looking at a Celebrity brochure while passing time at the gate at MIA after our RCL Majesty cruise.

Took the day when everyone was agog over RCL Oasis of the Seas to book Solstice. Yahoo!

Every tidbit of information makes us also drool.:)

Hi All. I am new to these forums, but thinking of booking Solstice. Just wanted to say hi!

A big welcome to you. I think you will be able to find any info you want over here. Most people are very helpful.

Pat

A big welcome to you. I think you will be able to find any info you want over here. Most people are very helpful.

Pat

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think we decided that we will go on Equinox on Dec 14, 2009 for a nice quiet experience. And then we are going to try Oasis of the Seas sometime in 2010.

Wow. How have I never found these board before? What a wealth of information. It took me two days just to read over information. We are Royal platinum members, and never knew this existed.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think we decided that we will go on Equinox on Dec 14, 2009 for a nice quiet experience. And then we are going to try Oasis of the Seas sometime in 2010.

Wow. How have I never found these board before? What a wealth of information. It took me two days just to read over information. We are Royal platinum members, and never knew this existed.

Just went over and checked on the roll call threads and there is a thread over there for your sailing. Roll calls are great for meeting new people on the ship. You have over a year to get to know some of the people you are sailing with. I find roll calls extremely helpful in planning your shore excursions.

Pat

Thanks for that link

(doesn't the pool look small compared to the hot tubs?)

On the cover page it says the book will be distributed to industry members & cruise guests in the Inaugural year--so I am hoping we will be gifted with one when we sail in January & again in Sept. 09!

On the cover page it says the book will be distributed to industry members & cruise guests in the Inaugural year--so I am hoping we will be gifted with one when we sail in January & again in Sept. 09!

I bought similar commemorative books like this for Brilliance of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas through eBay. They are mostly advertising, but there are some very nice photos of the ship in the books and they talk a bit about construction, the design and so forth.

Great souvenirs if you can find one.

Mike

I have one that we bought on QM2--it is really a treasure--all about the history of Cunard & the making of the ship which they self title the Greatest Ocean Liner of our Time. lots of pictures etc.

I imagine from the link that the Solstice book will be more ads than anything but will still be something to add to the collection. Thanks to all the prior links we have so many great pics of the construction & float out phases..

We had to cancel our Feb. '08 sailings, because the Head Bunny was not well........we didn't know how "unwell" he was........He passed away to the "beautiful sea in the sky" two weeks ago. I hope to take one last cruise to spread his ashes at sea as he wished; I know there are rules, etc. to follow, but hope to be able to board this new ship the 8th of February.......Anybody remember "the Bunnys" from the last few years???

Mammabunny

Thanks for that link

(doesn't the pool look small compared to the hot tubs?)

The link says 10,000 copies, which would cover off 4 sailings, so I'm guessing it would be for pre-inaugurals.

We had to cancel our Feb. '08 sailings, because the Head Bunny was not well........we didn't know how "unwell" he was........He passed away to the "beautiful sea in the sky" two weeks ago. I hope to take one last cruise to spread his ashes at sea as he wished; I know there are rules, etc. to follow, but hope to be able to board this new ship the 8th of February.......Anybody remember "the Bunnys" from the last few years???

Mammabunny

So sorry to hear of your loss. My wish would be to be scattered from a ship, also. Hope that works out.

Mammabunny

I've never met you all but you have my condolences. I hope you get your wish in February 09.:)

Mammabunny

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope that HeadBunny does get to be scattered at sea...

:( I have had a hard time coming up with a cabin-mate!! BUT (and it is always what comes after the "but" that counts!) my EX-daughter-in-law, with my son's encouragement, is now IT!! By planning this early, she will be able to take vacation time in February ---which is great, since she HATES Michigan winters!!! (I am a born and bred Michiganian, and still like snow!

:D So, we are about to make the stateroom/cabin selection!!! Hope to be seeing you during the Feb 8-15 sailing - maybe staying aboard for the next sailing!! MAMMABUNNY

Mammabunny

My condolences on your sad loss. Can I also commend you on the way you are tackling this sad time and I do hope you are able to have your cruise and to grant Headbunny their one final wish

You are in our prayers

A

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope you are able to cruise and carry out headbunny's last wishes. I'm with your ex-daughter-in-law we are from Michigan and I hate the winters too. Would cruise all winter if I could.

Mammabunny,

Sorry to hear of Head Bunny's passing. I remember reading your posts for the Constellation Caribbean cruise last spring and followed the ups and downs of Head Bunny's troubles.

Enjoy your cruise next February, I'm sure Head Bunny will be right there with you.

Mammabunny

Archived