Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

Obviously the Facebook pictures were taken some time ago, as most of the latest pics show the ship interior as being almost done. Still, BIG thanks for posting them just the same. Keep them coming. I hope that everyone has the chance to look at them before =X= makes the OP take them down. They've been doing that a lot lately.

[quote name='hylasgirl']My question is... How can they 'make' you take them down? Just curious?[/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkslategray]Big Nasty Corporation with a large scary legal department sends Joe Public a very formal letter threatening legal action. Joe, unaware of his actual rights, is more than willing to comply than face costly legal action / fines.[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='kcb'][B][COLOR=darkslategray]Big Nasty Corporation with a large scary legal department sends Joe Public a very formal letter threatening legal action. Joe, unaware of his actual rights, is more than willing to comply than face costly legal action / fines.[/COLOR][/B][/quote]

I thought they threatened you with a lifetime of sailing only on Carnival.

[quote name='kcb'][B][COLOR=darkslategray]Big Nasty Corporation with a large scary legal department sends Joe Public a very formal letter threatening legal action. Joe, unaware of his actual rights, is more than willing to comply than face costly legal action / fines.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe those who were allowed on board & took pics were asked to sign some type of release & waiver?

Anyhow I have enjoyed the photos--they give a better idea of what'll be on board--the balcony pics are very clear..Hope they are fairly opaque when sep. two balconies...

Celebrity owns the ship and they can ask whatever they'd like of visitors they allow onboard. While we sure love seeing the photos of the interior of the ship, if they want to say what photos are out there, that is their prerogative.....and I'm sure those who ignore the request won't be asked back in the future. Why is it always about big nasty corporations and lawsuits? That's a rhetorical question - no responses needed.

[quote name='Host Anne']Celebrity owns the ship and they can ask whatever they'd like of visitors they allow onboard. While we sure love seeing the photos of the interior of the ship, if they want to say what photos are out there, that is their prerogative.....and I'm sure those who ignore the request won't be asked back in the future. Why is it always about big nasty corporations and lawsuits? That's a rhetorical question - no responses needed.[/quote]Host Anne, am I to understand that everyone that has ever toured Solstice during her time in the factory was asked not publish any photos of the interior? If I recall correctly, the person that had the pictures on the website said he was never told to not take interior photos or publish them on the internet. If they did not put any regulations on those tours in regards to photography then he pretty much has the right to share them on the net. That being said, I probably wouldn't want to tick them off either and I would remove them... of course I might ask for a pair of tickets to one of the Pre-inaugurals for the favor of removing them.:)

Oh, and I think KCB was just using sarcasm to make a similar point.;)

There are so many postings on Solstice I may have missed this, but I noticed that on their website they allow two complimentary specialty reservations for suite passengers. Is this something new? I've never heard of it before. Can we possibly be on the horizon of some new benefits????:D

Grumpus ~ I have no idea what the arrangements were with anyone who toured Solstice. Obviously, our own CC editor, Carolyn, toured and was allowed to post photos. It's just one of those things that since we have no idea of what the conditions of touring, taking & posting photos were, we probably shouldn't be speculating on a request that Celebrity made and make sarcastic comments about it.

I want to see the inside of the ship as much as anyone. :)

Daph ~ that was a pretty darn funny comment!

[quote name='Host Anne']Grumpus ~ I have no idea what the arrangements were with anyone who toured Solstice.

It's just one of those things that since we have no idea of what the conditions of touring, taking & posting photos were, we probably shouldn't be speculating on a request that Celebrity made and make sarcastic comments about it.[/quote]

[B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Verdana"]You're absolutely right, it does not need to be about big nasty corporations and lawsuits.

But, it could be something as simple as a website errantly enforcing their ambiguous rules without explanation or reasoning. Since we have [I]"no idea of what the conditions" [/I]are, I see no reason to not have some fun with the speculation.

Thank you, Grumpus, for acknowledging that my "Big Nasty Corporation with a large scary legal department" reference was nothing more than sarcasm, and I was merely pointing out that a single individual, faced with no other option, has no choice but to bow to pressure from the larger entity who appears to hold all the cards, even when that individual is probably fully within his rights.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=darkslategray]By the way, Anne, why would you mention:[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Host Anne']our own CC editor, Carolyn, toured and was allowed to post photos.[/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkslategray]but then comment:[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Host Anne']we have no idea of what the conditions of touring, taking & posting photos were[/quote]

kcb ~ because I don't have any idea what the conditions were for Carolyn, a member of the working press, and Andreas (whom I have no idea of his status on the invite). Celebrity could very well allow a certain group to take and publish photos while restricting others. We do it in our business (trade shows) where press is permitted to shoot photos but everyone else is prohibited. I don't know what Celebrity's rules were or who they applied to. But they could very well have been different for the working press.

By the way, the problem with "sarcasm" on a public message board is while those who post regularly who know and appreciate someone's remark, there are many who are new to the boards and have no idea when someone they don't know is kidding and just being sarcastic. It's often really hard for many to differentiate someone kidding and being serious on a message board. :)

OK...enough of this stuff....back to talking Solstice! Less than a month and she'll be in the States! Can't wait to see her!

Very well said Anne!

So....the countdown continues... Hurray.

We are going for a short weekend away to Tampa, just for a break for 2 night. I need it soo bad. I wait all year for fall weather, and the holiday season, but for some reason, now it will all come so quick and be over.

So as they say, dont forget to smell the roses!

Hugs

Daph

kcb ~ because I don't have any idea what the conditions were for Carolyn, a member of the working press, and Andreas (whom I have no idea of his status on the invite). Celebrity could very well allow a certain group to take and publish photos while restricting others. We do it in our business (trade shows) where press is permitted to shoot photos but everyone else is prohibited. I don't know what Celebrity's rules were or who they applied to. But they could very well have been different for the working press.

By the way, the problem with "sarcasm" on a public message board is while those who post regularly who know and appreciate someone's remark, there are many who are new to the boards and have no idea when someone they don't know is kidding and just being sarcastic. It's often really hard for many to differentiate someone kidding and being serious on a message board. :)

OK...enough of this stuff....back to talking Solstice! Less than a month and she'll be in the States! Can't wait to see her!

Kudos and countdown time!:D

I also noticed the balconies on an angle being a bit bigger, especially the outermost angled balcony on the hump, and 3rd one from the outer limit of the hump. I just moved my stateroom this weekend from an aft to one of the larger hump balconies. The afts look like they will not be much larger and will be completely exposed to sun and downward views. Of course, I don't know this for sure, just trying to make my best guess.

What numbers would these be?:)

WOW--thank you for that link--it is really taking shape & looking better than ever..I am even getting warmed up to the main dining room...

Glad to hear we may have a big balcony--we are on the front angled part of the hump in a room that seems shaped like a parallelogram on the deck plans--not sure though!

At this point--I just want to be on board!

Thank you for those--

had not seen the U tube before...it says there will be three new production shows esp for this ship.. hope we get to see all of them :)

most of it looks awesome but I noticed the following from the U tube--

There seems to be a very tight squeeze in the stateroom area where there is the couch, the built in & the table--& seems no place to tuck the table away like we usually do..the people in the video were having trouble getting by.. :(

also noticed that the outdoor pool deck fountains occupy the area that used to be prime real estate for pool goers & sunbathing and also used as an activity area & dance floor when the band plays.. Hope they will still have a pool band & that threre will be a place to dance--

Can't wait to cruise!

Here's a sad story: my wife and I live in SW Florida, about two hours away from Port Everglades. We're headed to Ft. Lauderdale this Sunday to see Tina Turner in concert. Unfortunately we volunteered to be the DD for our party of four that are going to the show, which means we have to drive back after the concert. With me so far? The bad side of reality is that we could have stayed in FL overnight and woke up the next morning to greet Solstice as she docks in PE for the first time. Too late, plans have already been made. Can't back out now. %$@#&!

Archived