Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

One thing I’m not sure I like is the lack of outer Promenade Deck shown on the Solstice Deck plans. Look’s to me like most of this deck is obstructed by the life boats being on the level outside deck. Also the jugging track on the upper pool deck is smaller than on the M-Class ships because of the broken aft deck levels.

The outer Promenade deck is one thing I like better on the HAL ships as it wraps completely around the ships at the same level and is teak. I prefer the outer promenade decks on the =X= C-Class ships more then the M-Class as they give more of a classic ship feel like on HAL.

As for me at almost 3,000 pax I think I’ll wait until the first set of reviews come in before I decide to book on Sol. Overall size/pax ratio and layout I still prefer the M-Class to all I’ve sailed on.

Joel

It is starting to appear to me as though the AQ an CC cabins are on two decks that will extend over all the others below them. I am not entirely sure if this is what the images show, so take a look and let me know what you think.

Looks like it's just the Resort Deck that extends out to me but it's hard to tell from the webcam pictrures.

Well, I still cant make the sailing, but Im keepin up with it!!

Here is this week image from the dockyard...

14-Dec-2008 Solstice Inaugural

Enjoy and Happy Holidays to all,

Pro-AM

PS> Andy how was your second Quest trip???..... They fix the probs we had??

Ya know.... I just figgered out they didnt charge me AT ALL for the second cruise... oh well

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video of the zip-line at Labadee. For those X cruisers who have not been to Labadee, you're in for a treat. We've been to three cruise line islands now and this is our easy favorite.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cce_1198148662

p.s. This is over a portion of beach that has wilder waves so few people sun-bathe or swim here. Most folks tend toward the lagoon side, where it's idyllic. Don't worry about this bringing noise.

Thanks Shplinky,

That video was awesome. Would love to ride the glider.

We did a chair lift ride in the Island of Capri in Italy, above homes, and citrus trees, all the way to the top. Awesome trip.

When do you think they will come out with more Solstice itineraries.

Daph

thanks for the video, Schplinky. I love zip lines and love Labadee, so I can't wait. That must be pretty new.

I hope so. I think the zip line is pretty pricey but when we did it in Dominica, it was incredible.

I had hoped for more details today on Solstice but I think we're out of luck.

oooohhhh I don't know if I can do that, but it is an awesome video and a great view.

Maybe wave runners this time, we thought the water was amazing there last time, and it was truly hot, so that might be the order for the day.

I wish it was now.

We did the waverunners last time we were in Labadee and I HIGHLY recommend it. It was the best waverunner experience I've had. Typically, you rent a waverunner and you zip around a little bay. But, at Labadee, they have a guide and take you on a fantastic tour.

I was wondering if any had seen or read anything on the Solarium, if it is included with the AquaClass Rooms. I can find that the Persian Gardens and the AquaSpa Relaxation room is include but haven't found information on the Solarium. If it is not included does anyone know if there is an extra cost? How about Blu any new information on it? I'm trying to decide on March 29 or April 12, 2009, I'm wondering if the water temp will really vary that much. The cost is about $140 less PP for the March 29. Any thoughts, this will be our first cruise on Celebrity.

The Solarium is the adult pool area so it is available to all passengers 18 and above. I may be off on the age but the bottom line is no kiddos. it is a heated pool and on the M class ships it had fabulous underwater rollers that you could lie on and wave jets in that area for massage. It's a big fave of mine. The one on Solstice looks jaw droppingly fabulous! No charge on Solarium pool.

No new info on Blu that I am aware of. Shouldn't be a detectable difference in the weather for your dates so you should be fine either way - save the moolah and book the 29th.

And welcome to Celebrity - you will love their special touches.

Thanks for the information. We went to Hawaii in Aug 2007 on the POH, it was great cruise. Any other info on Celebrity would be greatly appreciated. I've asked our TA to book either 1501 or 1502, we like the rooms up front. Any thoughts on which side is better or if it matters? On the POH port was the recommended side.

Archived