Post your menus and recipes here!!

momonmeds

We've done some recipe exchanges on another thread, but I thought it would be good to have them all in one place. If you find a good recipe or have a menu that you really like, post it here so we can all share. I know I run out of ideas, and am constantly trying to find things that my family will eat. We had a couple of bombs this week, but live and learn! If you know the points or nutritional value, please post that as well.

Thanks!

Make it a great day!!

I found this on the weight watchers site, it looks yummy. I think I'll try it. Without the ice cream it's only .5 points per wonton. Free Cool-whip wouldn't add any points either.

Apple-Cinnamon Wontons a la Mode

icon_fav.gif Favorites icon_ptstrack.gif Add to POINTS Tracker icon_print.gif Print icon_email.gif Email

applecinnamonwonton_n_lg.jpgdesserts

POINTS® Value: 4

Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 15 min

Cooking Time: 15 min

Level of Difficulty: Moderate

These wontons are an unusual way to highlight fresh picked apples. Head to the orchard and get ready for a great fall dessert.

Ingredients

• 2 serving butter-flavor cooking spray, divided
  • 2 medium apple(s), McIntosh, peeled, cored and minced
  • 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 24 items wonton wrapper(s), half of a 12 oz package
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar
  • 3 cup light vanilla ice cream

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
  • In a medium bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat apples.
  • Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop apple mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surfaces with cooking spray.
  • Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Place wontons on individual plates and sift powdered sugar on top. Serve with ice cream on the side. Yields 4 wontons, 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar and 1/2 cup of ice cream per serving.

• 1 month later...

Thinking about the upcoming holidays and found this recipe on the label of reduced fat graham cracker crust: lightened up

Pumpkin Mousse Pie

Whisk together 1 package of fat free sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix

with 1 1/4 c fat free milk

add 1 cup pumpkin

1 Tablespoon Pumpkin pie spice

Fold in 1/2 container of fat free whipped topping

pour into graham cracker crust

top with remainder of whipped topping

spinkle with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice

refridgerate for several hours until firm

WW Chicken Pot Pie

1/2 pd Uncooked Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast

1/3 c light butter

1/2 medium onion

1/3 c flour

14 oz ff chicken broth

2/3 c ff milk

30 oz frozen veggies

8 oz Pillsbury Red Fat Crescent

Saute Onions in butter until tender. Salt and Pepper to taste. Add flour and cook until golden brown. Add chicken broth and milk. Boil until thicken, stirring constantly. Add chicken and veggies. Put in a 9x13 baking dish. Unroll crescent rolls and press seams together. Place on top of chicken mixture. Cook at 350 for 35-40 min or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.

8 Servings

5pts per serving

I substituted the onions for mushrooms bc DH is allergic. I also cut back the butter. This was so yummy! Making it again this week if it cools off here!

Archived