Dining Table Assignments

Mysteryreader

We're a family group (2 couples) going on a Fascination cruise to the Bahamas in Nov. I asked our TA to request a table for 8. She told me that Carnival doesn't allow TA's to make requests; we'll have to talk to the maitre d' after boarding the ship.

My question is how does Carnival assign tables? Magic ouija board? Darts? Wouldn't it make more sense for pax wanting tables for 2 or tables for more to be able to express their preferences? Will the maitre d' be available for post-boarding requests?

We've cruised together before and always enjoyed meeting and conversing with people from different home locations. I think that's one of the real advantages of cruising. A couple 20+ yrs our senior were seated with us on a Celebrity cruise. They were so interesting; we had a great time. I want to be just like them when I grow up. <g>

M/R

I think they assign the tables with people around your age, where you live, if you have children, things like that. I know when we sailed the Miracle in June we were seated with a table for 4. Originally I had said to my husband that I hope we aren't at a table for 4 because if we don't like them, it will be awkward. Well it turned out that this couple was so nice. They were from our area and around our age. We are in our late 40s and the other woman was also around that age and he was probably close to 50 so it worked out perfectly.

If you aren't happy with your tablemates, you can always request a different table.

That's what I was afraid of too, but like I said, it all worked out great. If you are seated at a table for 4, just go to the matre D after your first dinner and request to have your table changed to a larger table. I'm sure there won't be a problem.

Have a great cruise. :D

Why don't you call Carnival directly and ask that they put you down for a table of 8. We told them when we booked, so I don't see why you can't, as long as you have your booking #.

Because if she isn't Platinum or in a suite she doesn't get priority table assignments. Everything is a request

I'm more concerned that we'll be assigned a table for four. We get along just fine (we wouldn't be cruising together otherwise), but it's nice meeting new people with new experiences.

M/R

Ohhh I got it. Honestly, out of 7 cruises, only ONE have we been assigned to sit with other people. And that was our honeymoon cruise (other honeymoon couples)

Every other one has just been my fam of 4...or if we are cruising with friends/family...we've been with them.

I never put in any request (just link reservations) it just works out that way. Also I noticed, we always seem to get lucky and get window tables. :) Some cruise fairy must be blessing us...lol.

So I don't know how you could request to sit with others. Hmmmmm

We're a family group (2 couples) going on a Fascination cruise to the Bahamas in Nov. I asked our TA to request a table for 8. She told me that Carnival doesn't allow TA's to make requests; we'll have to talk to the maitre d' after boarding the ship.

My question is how does Carnival assign tables? Magic ouija board? Darts? Wouldn't it make more sense for pax wanting tables for 2 or tables for more to be able to express their preferences? Will the maitre d' be available for post-boarding requests?

We've cruised together before and always enjoyed meeting and conversing with people from different home locations. I think that's one of the real advantages of cruising. A couple 20+ yrs our senior were seated with us on a Celebrity cruise. They were so interesting; we had a great time. I want to be just like them when I grow up. <g>

M/R

Good post. By the way I am 62 almost 63 and I still have not grown up!!

Robb

I am like the OP and also enjoy the pleasure of meeting new people at dinner. I e-mailed my TA and asked her if she could put in a request for us to be at a large table for just this reason, and she told me NO PROBLEM! Of course I know it's just a request, just like our request of dining times, but she said she had no problem contacting Carnival to relay our preference. I would think with all the requests for tables for two that people make, the maitre' d would be only too happy to get a request for people who DO want to eat with other passengers.

If I were in your shoes, I would call Carnival myself to have my dining preference registered, and use a different TA for my next cruise.

M/R

You need to switch to a different TA. Our TA always requests our preferences on Carnival. Yes, we are platinum now, but before platinum, she always made a request, and sometime we received it, and sometimes we did not.

When I called Carnival directly I was told that they could put a note on my reservation with my table size request but that it wouldn't make a difference as it's not something they would see when setting up the table assignments. They told my to take care of it once on board. Not sure if that is true but that is what I was told 2 weeks ago.

Archived