All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

I hope I am a soon to be Miracle lover. So far our Carnvial cruises have been on The Inspiration, the Liberty and the Legend. Our favorite so far has been the Liberty. Probably because it was so very new at the time and we loved the CD "John Heald".

We are excited to be sailing out of NY but bummed because we have to wait until Oct of 08. In order to survive until then I am reading everything I can about the Miracle. So keep it coming.

I'm not getting the photos from the other link (chitowncruisers?). Is it just me?

I chose the 12/17 out of Ft. Lauderdale because of the price, the timing (daughter on Christmas break), ship class (wanted to try larger than Fantasy but not TOO big), and the itinerary. Our RCCL cruise stopped in St. Thomas but we did an excursion to St. John and saw nothing of St. T, and we flew back from San Juan, but saw nothing there because we went straight to the airport.

I could do without another Grand Turk (unless they add the Chukka horseback riding which we've done twice and LOVE), and Nassau doesn't do much for me, but hey! It will be only my 2nd 7-night cruise and my 1st balcony!

I absolutely cannot wait. For someone who suffers motion sickness, hates crowds, and can only "swim" enough to get on my back and float, I am totally confused as to why I love to cruise!

I'm already trying to figure out how I can possibly afford to do a btb Meditterean in a couple of years!

I do tend to obsess over things, and discovering this board since my last cruise has only made me worse! So many decisions! I used to just book everything through the cruiseline, but I'm going to call my TA today and see if I can do my own air and go down a day early. And I want to book my own excursions.

AND smuggle some booze!!!

See what you people have done to me!!! :D

My sister and I are on the Miracle on October 30 - anyone joining us there? We already have our costumes for Halloween. Nice to hear all the good reviews here on the Miracle. I had no doubt that we were in for a good cruise, but it is always good to hear positive comments.

38 days!

You can tell which pictures are from which camera for sure :) You still like your Sony?

Ohhh yeah we love it. Best camera we have ever had. I also like that I don't have to keep buying batteries and we just plug in the charger when the battery is low.

I forgot, but did you ever get a new camera?

Here are my pictures up thru Tortola then my camera broke. As you can see it was nice and rianey Embarkation day! http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560798666EyyFMd

Going to look now. Ohhh I remember how it was raining that morning.:rolleyes:

The traffic going from my house to the pier was impossible.....plus the fact that it was a Monday. Monday mornings and Friday afternoons always have the worst traffic here in the city.

Going to look now. Ohhh I remember how it was raining that morning.:rolleyes:

The traffic going from my house to the pier was impossible.....plus the fact that it was a Monday. Monday mornings and Friday afternoons always have the worst traffic here in the city.

How do I label the pictures like you did? Shawn is in Vegas so it sounds like a good weekend project to me

How do I label the pictures like you did? Shawn is in Vegas so it sounds like a good weekend project to me

I renamed them before I u/l them to webshots. Took me a while cause I have over 300 pictures. After a while I got so mixed up that I ended up have like 3 copies of each.....LOL!!!!

Oh btw, just d/l any pics that you want from mine, if you don't have them. I took a couple from yours of Jay and I. :p

:) no problem take all you want to!did you get the one of the 2 of you at the baths, its my favorite. I spared everyone the naked butt picture I ook of riley as he went steaking by after a shower :) Ilove the picture of Ivan and Ralph and of Jay holding up the rocks at Tortola. Anyways SHawn is gone all week so Ill have time to email you later so I dont hijack your thread!

:) no problem take all you want to!did you get the one of the 2 of you at the baths, its my favorite. I spared everyone the naked butt picture I ook of riley as he went steaking by after a shower :) Ilove the picture of Ivan and Ralph and of Jay holding up the rocks at Tortola. Anyways SHawn is gone all week so Ill have time to email you later so I dont hijack your thread!

Ack....I hated the pic of me at the Baths....my hair was all messed up and I had no makeup on.....LOL!!!! :D

Don't worry about hijacking....this thread is to talk about my "little Miracle".....LOL Or should I say my big Miracle!!! hahahahahha

I have some questions about the Miracle, if anyone can help.

We are sailing next July, we will be 6 adults, 3 teenagers, and 2 pre-teens.

I have the 2007 Carnival book with all of the ship layouts, and I have checked the Carnival website, but it's not clear whether the Miracle has a dedicated room for Club O2, And does the Miracle have a mini-golf course?

The kids will probably spend some time in the kids programming, but we also like to spend time together, playing ping-pong, foosball, mini-golf, etc.

TIA for any information.

We will be on the 11/7 sailing. Glad to read all the good comments. We were on the Glory last Sept. and was wondering how it compares. Will there be a new crew when it sails out of Ft. Lauderdale? Anybody know who the cruise director will be? Mark Price was on the Glory last yr. I remember reading some web site which listed all the cruise directors and their ships (Carnival). Anybody have that web site? Do the menus and the shows change when they bring the ship into Ft. L? Thanks as we are getting excited!

We will be on the 11/7 sailing. Glad to read all the good comments. We were on the Glory last Sept. and was wondering how it compares. Will there be a new crew when it sails out of Ft. Lauderdale? Anybody know who the cruise director will be? Mark Price was on the Glory last yr. I remember reading some web site which listed all the cruise directors and their ships (Carnival). Anybody have that web site? Do the menus and the shows change when they bring the ship into Ft. L? Thanks as we are getting excited!

The menus are fleetwide so when they decide to change them, they are changed for all the ships not from where they are sailing from.

When I was on the Miracle in June the CD was Brent Mitchell....don't know if he is still there or not or if he will be there when they reposition the ship to Florida.

You started a thread that I'm very much interested in. My DD (24 yrs)and I are sailing Oct 2, 2007, and we are very excited.

Any info you can provide us, is greatly appreciated! :D

Oct. 2nd is my wedding anniversary....24 years. :p

What would you like to know about the Miracle?

My family of four will be spending Christmas and New Years aboard the Miracle. We're very exciited and glad to hear so many good things about her. Does anyone know if they're is a hot tub in the spa? I'm looking for quiet and relaxing. Any other tips would be fantastic. I have a 11y girl and a 7y boy.

Oct. 2nd is my wedding anniversary....24 years. :p

What would you like to know about the Miracle?

Congrats on the 24 years! Hubby and I just celebrated 28 years in July. He can't cruise this year, changed jobs, so no vacation time.:(

What would I like to know...just about everything..

boarding time, what time did you get to the port and how long to get on? getting off? does Carnival have speedy check out..when we did the Empress(RCI)July 06- we were able to get off carrying our own luggage, not over the customs limit and needed no assistance..does Carnival offer that?

Does the pool have a re-tractable roof?

Shows? Do they offer Spinning in the Gym..DD loves that..? Spa treatments? Climate in your stateroom? Food? Sushi? Drinks?(favorite frozen) Service? Welcome Back Party? We didn't sign up for excursions, we were in Puerto Rico and St. Thomas Oct 06, new one is Tortola..what to do there? Gees, I can go on and on for general info..Thanks again! :D

Congrats on the 24 years! Hubby and I just celebrated 28 years in July. He can't cruise this year, changed jobs, so no vacation time.:(

What would I like to know...just about everything..

boarding time, what time did you get to the port and how long to get on? getting off? does Carnival have speedy check out..when we did the Empress(RCI)July 06- we were able to get off carrying our own luggage, not over the customs limit and needed no assistance..does Carnival offer that?

Does the pool have a re-tractable roof?

Shows? Do they offer Spinning in the Gym..DD loves that..? Spa treatments? Climate in your stateroom? Food? Sushi? Drinks?(favorite frozen) Service? Welcome Back Party? We didn't sign up for excursions, we were in Puerto Rico and St. Thomas Oct 06, new one is Tortola..what to do there? Gees, I can go on and on for general info..Thanks again! :D

We got to the terminal at around 10:30 and we got seats there. There are only a certain amount of seats. Then at 11:20 we did early checkin. At 12:30 they started boarding and we were up on the Lido by 12:45. So I recommend you getting there between 10 and 10:30.

Carnival offers the self assist debarkation which sounds like what you are talking about.

Yes they have a retractable roof over one of the pools but the weather was so good when we sailed that they didn't need to use it.

Can't answer about the spa or the gym cause I didn't use it but I'm sure someone else will have that answer.

You can control the a/c in your stateroom. There is a type of thermostat thing on the wall.

Food I thought was excellent. Service was great also. There is also a 30 p/p charge for the Nick and Nora supper club if you choose to go. Absolutely fabulous and well worth every penny.

Sushi is offered on sea days between 5:30 and 8:30 outside of Maquire's Sports Bar. It's not raw sushi but still decent. We would have it before dinner with drinks. Made a nice late afternoon snack. :p

My favorite drinks were different types of margaritas; melon, blue, mango....all delish!!!

The service was great. We had a wonderful cabin team who addressed us both by name and asked us how our day was and what we did.

They have a welcome aboard party which is nice. The Captain makes a speech and introduces his senior officers and they have free drinks and hor's d'orvers (sp). If you don't like the drinks that the waiters bring on the trays you can ask them for whatever you want. That's what I did and he brought me two. :p

We did the Baths excursion through Carnival in Tortola and it was great. I highly recommend it.

If you scroll back a page or two, I posted my link to my pictures.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

for the people interested in the spin class, oh yes they have it. there is a fee of 10.00 to take this class, well worht it, i sweated my butt off and some calories...lol. there are other classes, most you dont have to pay for, but spinning and i think it was yoga. it is in the capers, you cant miss it. yes, they have mini golf, ping pong, basketball court...all were pretty fun. there is a club zone, i think it was near gatsby garden. honestly, my 15 year old went the first night and came back and said its not for him..he found of course 3 or so girls and 2 guys that he palled around with. my 13 year old did alot of the sports activities in the teen program and my 10 year old did a few camp carnival activities like t-shirt drawing, playstation time, scavenger hunt and a few others. the kids really liked the make your own candy necklaces the best. any more questions, just ask...one of us that have been on it will know.

lesley

The Miracle AND crew are awesome! Our best carnival cruise to date. My wife gave me the cruise for my 50th birthday last Sept. Last minute, too. Booked on Monday, left on Saturday from Tampa. Our pics from our Miracle cruise are here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559162359VYRmNh

We came VERY close to booking the Miracle this November, but chose the Zuiderdam with HAL beacuse of the intinerary(and price).........maybe next year............

Your pics are great! Can you tell me when the Bath Robe and Beer party is? Is it listed in the Capers?

Archived