Flight to Anchorage on Frontier Airlines

SabrinaNP

Has anyone flown Frontier Airlines to Alaska. I am considering this airline when flying into Anchorage in August. I live north of Detroit & would have to fly to Denver then connect to another Frontier flight from Denver to Anchorage. There is only 1 1/2 hours between the connecting flights and are no more flights to Anchorage on Frontier until 6:20 pm the next day. Any advice?

I have flown Frontier several times and prefer them hands down over the "legacy" airlines like Northwest, American, United, etc. Great in flight service and employees who smile!

Not sure what you mean about "only" 1-1/2 hours to connect to another flight. Most connections with most airlines in other airports are less than that and all Frontier flights arrive into and depart from the same concourse (A). I am flying through Denver in November, switching from Northwest to Alaska Air then connecting again in Seattle. I have under 1 hour in Denver and have no worries at all about making it.

Are you departing on a cruise the day you arrive into Anchorage? If so, I would not recommend any airline or connection. If not, and you happen to depart on a cruise the next day and for some reason miss the Denver to Anchorage flight (highly unlikely), insist that they put you on a different airline. I can't see that happening except for some major problem like mechanical or severe weather, but the summer generally shouldn't have any weather problems in Denver. Note: you have a greater chance that the Denver to Anchorage flight will be late departing than you do that the Detroit-Denver flight will be late arriving.

If the price is right, I would grab it.

John

We used Frontier on our return flight - Anchorage-Denver-Nashville - and they've now become my favorite airline! I didn't realize any airline still gave such personalized service. We even got free satellite TV to Denver, (not that we watched it since it was definitely a red-eye trip!) and always a gps channel so we could see where we were. The stewards and stewardesses really seemed to LOVE their job - and I had not witnessed that on other airlines lately. The best thing we encountered with Frontier, was that they did not yet have luggage scales set up in Anchorage - WOW!! Did THAT ever save us some bucks! :D

Just flew Denver to San Francisco Tuesday night on Frontier and loved it. The seats were nicer and roomier than most, although obviously this may not be the case if you get a different plane. However, it was my first trip on Frontier and I was impressed. In Denver airport you should have no trouble changing planes with a layover of 1 1/2 hours. It's a big airport, but you'll have time.

Archived