Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

Great Pictures!

And thanks for the recommendation TexasAlexus! I've seen a couple of posts about Mr Santo's but not too many, so didn't bother looking into it too much. But after what you wrote, I think I might do a little more research. If it was just me and my BF going, then I'd definitely pick Nachi - but as jhsieh mentioned, Nachi doesn't have a lot going on, and since we aren't traveling in a group, I'm worried my son may be bored at Nachi. that's why we had origianally planned on Paradise Beach. But Mr Santo's sounds like a possible compromise.

I don't know why planning Cozumel has become so complicated for us :rolleyes: Planning the other 2 ports was a piece of cake! And I hope you enjoy your cruise as well!

Mr. Sancho's has a website. www.mrsanchos.com that you can check out. It's actually spelled with a "ch" not a "t". Isn't it fun researching and making plans. It's almost as much fun as the cruise!

Well that explains why I didn't find much info under "Santo's", lol -thanks for the site! And yes, I love the planning - my BF thinks I'm nuts but I'm sure he won't be saying that when we're walking on the ship in Nov :p

HI,

I posted this on another post but no response, so I am copying it over to hear.

Hope the people that have been there recently can answer my questions.

I wanted to ask, did they have Floats (the blue or yellow ones)?

I like to float in the water most of the time, and always bring a blow up raft, but if they have them I do not have to bring mine.

Did you go in the pool? or hot tub? If so, was it very cold or just right?

And was a lot of people in the pool?

Do you think I should wear my Water shoes on the beach and in the ocean if it is shelly?

I am on blood thinners so I can not get cut, or I will not stop bleeding.

Was the Ocean cold or just right?

I never eat in Mexico, because of the stories, but my hubby does and his stomach is made of steel and have never had a problem.

Now that some of you said you did not know what kind of Meat they used, I think I will skip it, lol

Was the cheese sticks okay, I might try some chips minus the dip.

I will also stick to bottled beer that they open up in front of me.

I just might get bombed by the time we leave, lol

I think I will really like this place.

Maybe we should not tell to many people about it and keep it all to ourselves, lol

Thanks in advance

Sue

HI,

I posted this on another post but no response, so I am copying it over to hear.

Hope the people that have been there recently can answer my questions.

I wanted to ask, did they have Floats (the blue or yellow ones)?

I like to float in the water most of the time, and always bring a blow up raft, but if they have them I do not have to bring mine.

Did you go in the pool? or hot tub? If so, was it very cold or just right?

And was a lot of people in the pool?

Do you think I should wear my Water shoes on the beach and in the ocean if it is shelly?

I am on blood thinners so I can not get cut, or I will not stop bleeding.

Was the Ocean cold or just right?

I never eat in Mexico, because of the stories, but my hubby does and his stomach is made of steel and have never had a problem.

Now that some of you said you did not know what kind of Meat they used, I think I will skip it, lol

Was the cheese sticks okay, I might try some chips minus the dip.

I will also stick to bottled beer that they open up in front of me.

I just might get bombed by the time we leave, lol

I think I will really like this place.

Maybe we should not tell to many people about it and keep it all to ourselves, lol

Thanks in advance

Sue

I didn't see any floats at Nachi. Bring your own I suppose. You can ask them via email. They are very fast in returning them.

I got in the pool and the jacuzzi and they were almost the same temp. Very pleasant! And very uncrowded.

I did not wear water shoes and didn't have any problems. There is a small area right near the waterline that is coarser than the rest, but none of it was sharp. Just a little rough. The water was a nice temperature. It tends to stay pleasant year round.

Regarding the food, all the cooks were outside taking a break toward the end of the day. They were wearing the white jackets and tall chef hats. The food was amazing and if you don't at least try it, you may be missing out on one of the best meals you could get in Mexico! The ice they use is purified and the sodas and water are served to you in sealed containers.

This place is by far the best place to go if you just want to relax and be taken care of. If you need entertainment then there are other beaches that will serve you better.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply!

There were 4 other ships in port that day

You book online w/ a $12 hold, once there you pay $37. The taxi is $15 one way for up to 4 people (we had 2)

All your food, drinks, lounger, pool, hottub, beach, palpa are included.

I thought it was very reasonable for the amount of privacy, and one-on-one service you got here. A group of about 4 came in beside us, I believe they actually got to pay the $5-10 entrance fee, and pay for drinks/food themselves. I saw the food prices, and over heard them talking..I believe it's pricey, if you don't do all inclusive!!

I don't know about the floating mats, I heard they're $5, but I never saw any or saw anyone using them.

I asked for a blue foam mat to put on my lounger, I saw another girl with it on, so I just asked..and they brought it right out to me.

Watershoes- I'd bring them w/ you, and you can decide then if you need them or not.

Pool was great, freshwater and refreshing..Alot of people, are you kidding me..If ONE is alot, then there you have it (and I came with him) lol :D

I believe the water was great in both places, but not sure what it's like more towards winter time.

I consider myself an expert in cheesestix, but no, I didn't like them..BF did though!

Let me know, if I forgot anything!!

Thank you so much.

When I Email them I will ask about the water floats to see if they do have them. I use one because I am scared to put my feet down in the water, to many things that can eat or bite me. lol

I can not wait to go now.

So you are saying I will have to kick hubby out of the pool if I want to be the only one in there. lol

If you did not like the Cheese sticks then what can you suggest?

What did you two have that was really good?

Thanks again

Sue

We went to Nachi Cocom last week after booking it online. We paid $49.00 for all you can drink and 3 course lunch.

We arrived later than expected, around 12:30 cozumel time and were immediately taken to our Palapa and given chairs with covers. We got our ordered drinks right away and went right into the water.

The beach was lovely and the water refreshing. Laying under the palapa was very relaxing.

After a while we hit the pool and swim up bar and started drinking there.

The waiter/bartender automatically gave us some chips/dip/nachos and we ate right there in the pool. We finally moved to a table and finished eating our snacks. AFter that we hung up in the pool/hot tub for the rest of the afternoon.

Everyone there was very nice and always ready to get us something to eat or drink.

We finally ate some sandwiches about 4pm their time before the kitchen closed...I think they were okay.........most people in our group had too many tequila shots and our taste buds weren't up to par.

We got a taxi right away and we dropped off at the pier to do a little shopping before heading back.

We definately recommend this beach........the $49 price is a steal!

Did you use any of the water toys? Such as renting a jetski ?

what about snorkeling ? Any there ? Also heard they have a boat snorkle tour that can go out to the reefs from there ? Did you see any boats ?

Guess I am just asking if there is anything else to do but eat and swim or lay around. I can't do that for most of the day....a little while yes but not most of the day I am in port...... they would definately make money on me as I drink margaritas but 1 or 2 is my limit.

I am so happy you had a great time and thanks for this info! I wanted to ask how the waiters service was? Sometimes I have been to places that offered the all inclusive drinks and food and have to hunt down the waiter to assist us! Also, did you tip them and if so about how much per drink if you don't mind me asking. Thanks! :)

So you are saying you can just go there without booking in advance and pay a small entrance fee like $10 and enjoy the ocean and the pool but just pay for what you eat and drink?

From what I have read, they only admit 100 people a day, so there may be a chance they are full if you don't book the all inclusive ahead of time. Still you can see how many boats are there that day and take a chance if there are not many. :)

Mr. Sanchos beach is FREE and no reservations needed correct?

And on Nachi Cocom if you don't want the all inclusive $49 deal can you just pay a small fee to enter and enjoy the pool and beach front paying for drinks and food as you consume them? I've got a group of 4 and only 1 of us drinks liquor so $49 for the others is not too cool. But if we got to pay $5 a pop for sodas and $30 a head for a meal on our own maybe the $49 works out better.

Has anyone entered on there own without reservations?

I just viewed the Mr. Sanchos website and they don't list a small swimming pool. They list a small 30 person jazzques. It that hot water or cold water?

We are looking for fresh water cool water pool even if small. Anybody been there to verify if it is hot or cold? and Fresh or salt water?

Did you use any of the water toys? Such as renting a jetski ?

what about snorkeling ? Any there ? Also heard they have a boat snorkle tour that can go out to the reefs from there ? Did you see any boats ?

Guess I am just asking if there is anything else to do but eat and swim or lay around. I can't do that for most of the day....a little while yes but not most of the day I am in port...... they would definately make money on me as I drink margaritas but 1 or 2 is my limit.

I went out on the snorkeling excursion in the boat.

(don't think you'd see much from shore)

Took me to a reef near Paradise beach, then to a reef a ways out and south.

Pretty decent sights.

Saw the jet skis and sailboards in the sand behind the bathroom.

But there was only a group of 4 and my wife and I there, the entire day and I was the only person who wanted to do anything but lay under their palapa and take an occasional swim.

Once again, I cannot recommend Nachi Cocum highly enough.

Bill

I originally thought we'd go to paradise Beach but after doing more research it looks like there are at least 5 other ships besides ours in port that day :eek: My thought is that PB will be too crowded - what do you think?

I went to PB during Xmas time last year and there were 7-8 ships in that day. With that many ships in, I can tell you that it was super crowded. We had nowhere to sit and had to carry our stuff around. At the same time, my son had a great time with all the water stuff and PB is a very nice beach. If I had to do it again in this same scenario, I would book the Nachi Cocom or the San Fran all inclusives. The cost is less for the kids.

F5. We have been to Mr Sanchos several times and yes the pool is a fresh water, non -heated pool. It's a nice pool, but very small. Mr. Sanchos is a really nice, soft, white sand beach. It has free admission and the restuarant and drinks prices are reasonable. It is a very inexpensive beach to visit and very low stress. Everything you need is available to you, but no one hassels you. You can truly sit back and relax!

F5. We have been to Mr Sanchos several times and yes the pool is a fresh water, non -heated pool. It's a nice pool, but very small. Mr. Sanchos is a really nice, soft, white sand beach. It has free admission and the restuarant and drinks prices are reasonable. It is a very inexpensive beach to visit and very low stress. Everything you need is available to you, but no one hassels you. You can truly sit back and relax!

is there a charge for chairs and umbrellas at Mr. Sanchos?

i was in Naci Cocoom last week and wanted to let others know its really nice. I was on the cruise with my daughter who went off to scuba dive with a cruise excusion. Two weeks before the cruise, based on what I read here, I booked a reservation online for naci cocoom, putting down a $12 deposit, the rest due upon arrival.

as I was getting off the ship, there was a big black cloud, but I found my way out to the taxis. The taxis were easy to get but the taxi drivers are not very friendly or talkative (yes, I speak some spanish). It poured on our way over. I wondered if I should just tell him to turn around, but I didn't and it had stopped by the time we reached the beach resort 15 minutes later.

Based on what I ready here, I had $15 out + tip. We passed many resorts that seemed like there were long lines to get into, including paradise beach. Naci seemed empty as we drove up. The driver took my money and opened my door. I was met by a naci greeter who walked me in, asked me if I had a reservation and walked me over to the cashier where I paid my remainer. he then walked me around, arranged to set up a chair with cushion under a coconut tree, asked me what I wanted to drink and kept those drinks coming until I slowed him down. The pool was gorgeous, with a swim up bar. The only down side to that whole place was the gorgeous hot tub attached to the pool was not hot, but only the same temperature as the pool. During a brief rain I went under the cover and ate lunch. One can order food off their menu, as much as you want, because all food and liquor are included. The food was really good. There were numerous activities if you wanted, jet ski, snorkles, kayaks and more. I was pampered, that is the only way I can describe it.

I will say, this isn't the place if you are looking for crazy loud tequila contents, tourists doing wild and crazy things. But is is gorgeous, the beach, the pool, the scerenity of it all. If you want peace, beauty and pampering...this is your resort.

Later while there I ran into my ship's conceirge. He said its his favorite place in Cozumel. So there you have it.

When I was ready to leave, I asked my wait staff for a cab, he called one immediately and under 10 minutes it was there. He also would not let me stand outside and wait. They really care about you.

Archived