Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

How much did they charge for the day. Were there any kids. I have 5 (not obnoxious) but we would love a peaceful day. They enjoy just playing in the water and don't need all the toys that PB offers. Do you think they would be totally out of place or could we find a quite spot on the beach away from everyone else?

We went to Nachi Cocom last week, and I can heartily agree with the other favorable reviews. There were about 25 people there (I was a bit surprised there were that many considering some of the other reviews I had read, but I'm glad they are getting the business) with about a half dozen kids under ten. Frankly there is little for kids to do other than traditional beach/pool activities, so if they are looking for toys to play with, this is not the beach to go to.

The best thing about Nachi Cocom as opposed to other beach breaks I've been on is the time factor. If you want to lounge all day in the sun or the water with or without food or drinks, this is perfect. It's a sandy beach with few rocks, and they actually had someone cleaning up seaweed and raking the beach. The waiters are quite attentive and will bring drinks out all day if you want. You order off a menu which has prices written in pesos, so they might be willing to take a la carte customers, but it looked like food prices would probably be $10-15 for entrees. They will serve you on the beach if you want, like we did. Beef fajitas for me, fish and a salad for my wife and an order of nachos were all quite good.

There was a fairly decent sized, shallow pool, with a swimup (or walkup, frankly) bar at one end. The only gripe I had was that the jacuzzi was only lukewarm. The beach obviously lost quite a bit during the recent hurricane, so getting in and out of the water can be a bit tricky, but once in, it is quite shallow and calm going out so non-swimmers will enjoy it as well.

I have a feeling that 100-person limit is a marketing ploy, but that is realistically about the limit of people you could have before it would begin to feel a bit crowded. Unless they change their advertising, I doubt they are going to get that many however. They do offer you snorkeling and parasailing as an option (I was quoted $35 for a snorkeling tour, which might go down with more people on the boat), but they don't push it if you aren't interested. There are probably better snorkeling options available. I did see a couple of waveruners, but I didn't get a quote on the price.

All in all, we felt it was a great deal for spending almost six hours on a beach. If it's action you want, for yourself or your kids, you might look elsewhere, but for food, drink and relaxation, you can't beat this. Most people weren't there nearly as long as we were, and we enjoyed every minute with good food and drink and excellent service. I hope they do well since we plan to go back on our next cruise.

Nachi Cocom has been my fav place to go for years. I have been several times before the $49 reservation they have now, and twice since they started the $49 deal. I really want to go this next time but my cousin wants to do the Royal Dolphin Swim. I am considering trying to go by Nachi without a reservation if we have time and seeing if they will let us in for an hour or so. I sure hate to miss Nachi completely this time. I love the quiet. I did not see anywhere near 100 people there the last 2 times I have been there since they reopened. I'd say there were more like less than 25 there. Also, I believe that Nachi is now the beach used by a hotel for their hotel guests.

Hi...I started this thread....still no answer that I can rely on.

Would you be so kind to let me know how you make out at Nachi Cocom?

I will sailing in November. I also agree that I hope I can enter without paying the day fee. It's been one of our favorite places to visit. If I didn't have other plans for that day, I wouldn't mind paying the fee.

thank you & have a great cruise.

We just returned from sailing on the Ecstasy. Our day in Cozumel was spent at Nachi Cocum which was wonderful. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing beach, this is the place. Younger children would enjoy it as they could play in the sand but older ones might be bored. We rented a jet ski which was a blast. ($60 for 1/2 hour) I also had a massage on the beach. ($35 for 1/2 hour) The food was wonderful and the service can't be beat. More details are posted in my review but will be glad to ask any questions. I hope to have pictures posted by the end of the week on Webshots.

The cost to get in is $49 per person which includes food and drink. You must book through island marketing. Jet skis are $60 for 1/2 hour and a massage was $35 for 1/2 hour. The massage was so good I went to sleep and DH had to wake me for lunch. The food was wonderful. DH had enchiladas, I had fried tacos, DF had fajitas. Guacamole is awesome. All the food we had was wonderful and Mexican food is one of our favorites.

This is very quiet and relaxed. Kids who like to play in sand and water and don't necessarily need to be entertained will love it here. It would be very easy to keep an eye on everyone. There were only about 10 people there while we were, but a family with kids would not have bothered me in the least. There is plenty of room for you to have your own area as you suggested.

We didn't want something with tons of people and noise. We can get that on the ship. We highly recommend Nachi Cocum and will definitely return. If you have other questions, just ask.

Hey Munchkin4 ~

We are from Oklahoma City and will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in December. We are considering going to Nachi Cocom for the day. Glad you had a good time there.

It's good to see some fellow Okies on this board!

Cindy

Hi Munchkin4.....glad you had a great time. The DW and I are thinking about going to Nachi on Christmas Eve when we're in Cozumel via the Carnival Liberty. While you were there, were you approached at all about a snorkel excursion to nearby reefs? I saw a mention on another thread about it, just wanted to confirm if you were approached or not. Thanks. Also, did they have 2 tables set up for massages...could be a thing that the DW and I could do side by side. Thanks.

At the bottom right is a reservation form. Send that in first. They will contact you by email to let you know about availability. If you still want to do it, they will ask for credit card. You have to put down $12 per person deposit with the remainder due upon arrival.

It is important to remember that once you get to Nachi they only deal in cash!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Probably the best part of our cruise.

http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

We were approached about snorkeling. Someone comes around with a little notebook (3 ring binder type) with info about parasailing, etc. We weren't interested so didn't pay any attention to cost or anything. There is only 1 massage table set up. I even ask because DF was thinking about getting one also.

Just got back from Nachi Cocom. We were there Saturday. I give it 5 stars all the way around! WOW! I can’t say enough nice things about this place. Your surrounding are picture perfect, in fact many people said my pictures looked like post cards. The amenities, the view, the service and the food were all first class! We were off the ship at 8:00 am and did a little shopping downtown for a couple of hours. At 10:00 am we caught a taxi and asked the driver to take us to Nachi Cocom. Of course he asked if we had a reservation and we did. After a short 20 min ride we arrived at Nachi Cocom. The fare was $15 and I tipped the driver $3. We got there around 10:30 and was greeted and taken to our chairs and drinks were brought out. We were the only two on the entire beach. About 3 other couples eventually straggled in but it was like we had the place to ourselves. Our drinks were constantly refilled; our waiter even brought drinks out to the water’s edge when we were on our floats….now that’s service! Hubby got a massage for 29.00! The food was fabulous! We even ordered second’s. LOL! The water was so clear and warm like bath water! We did not bring water shoes but kind of wish I did because of all the sea shells on the bottom of the ocean. When we got ready to leave we asked for a taxi and our waiter called for one and even offered to take our picture for us. He had a nice tip in the end. We caught a taxi back to Hard Rock Café downtown, where we were picked up from eariler that morning and the driver wanted to charge us $23.00 for the exact ride we had earlier for $15.00. I gave him $15.00 and NO tip! We got back downtown at 3:30 and did a little more shopping before our departure of 4:30. I wish I was there now!

Archived