jeans at dinner?

emerylynne

Why should anyone care what someone else is wearing?

NCL is FREESTYLE. Do what you want, when you want is

their moto.

I just don`t understand the nickpicking of what other people

wear.

I have other things to worry about in my lifetime.

I am assuming that NCL's dress code is the same even for their one-night cruises. I admit I was always an anti-jeans sort of person. My opinion regarding jeans changed with my last one-night cruise when a "gentleman" was walking around wearing a "boob-hat" ... yes, nipple and all. It brought a whole new meaning to the word Freestyle.

• Administrators
I guess it is a more heated topic than I knew.

I picked NCL because of "Freestyle" and all of it's informality.

No, actually it's not all that heated. There have been a few posts on this thread trying to impose the poster's "view of the world" on everyone else, but NCL's policy isn't "heated" at all. Jeans are okay except in one specified dining room at night. You love that, welcome to NCL. You hate that, have fun on another line. That's pretty much the end of the discussion! :)

When I vacation, I'm not thinking about how others might judge my appearance. I'm thinking about my comfort and what works for me. I own one dress ... I bought it to wear on a cruise last summer. I've worn it a total of two times and probably won't wear it again. My husband and I prefer khakis or jeans and casual shirts, and I enjoy wearing capris in the summer. Unless someone is wearing something that is offensive (pants that show crack, nipple-showing shirts, cheek-revealing shorts), I don't see a problem. I've got more fun to have than worrying about someone else and how they're dressed. Be comfortable, folks. You'll probably never see the people you're cruising with again, so who cares what they think! I'm much more concerned with the person within than the clothes someone is wearing.

Thank you! This is why I chose NCL, to feel at ease and comfortable on my vacation. If someone is offended that I am not dreesed to their standards, they are on the wrong ship. This is freestyle!

As long as common sense, tact and some class is used.:rolleyes:

Archived