Tell Me All About The Golden!!!!

Sunny AZ Girl

Thank you for the info and for the picture. I'm glad we still get movies, even if it isn't under the stars! The popcorn was for my four year old... it is a favorite of hers. To Lanie you just can't go to a movie without popcorn! I may just have to bring some of that microwave stuff and ask the room steward to pop it for us.

Thank you for the info and for the picture. I'm glad we still get movies, even if it isn't under the stars! The popcorn was for my four year old... it is a favorite of hers. To Lanie you just can't go to a movie without popcorn! I may just have to bring some of that microwave stuff and ask the room steward to pop it for us.

Is food allowed in the theaters? Might want to check it out before bringing any in.

When we were on the Golden in August I had a lot of fun with the Perfume shop. I'd been wanting to find a new "favorite" perfume for months but still hadn't found one as I can only try a few at a time and everytime I returned to a store at home I'd forget what I'd tried before and hadn't liked :( SO while on the Golden I visited the perfume store 2 or 3 times a day just for a few minutes, trying out different ones each time- it only took a few visits before the girls were waiting for me each time I visited to "suggest" differents ones I hadn't yet tried. Finally on the last full day shortly before the store closed I decided on one I wanted to purchase- much to my pleasure the girl said, "wait a minute, I think have a better deal for you if you're interested"- she went to the shelf and got me a gift package of the same brand/size I'd picked for the same price but it included a hand cream and showerjell which I hadn't noticed before. After returning home I checked the price I'd paid on-line and found that while I hadn't saved tons of money, I had gotten a descent deal and most important, I new "favorite" perfume and had fun doing it !!:)

Wow Ginny, your photos of the Golden are making me drool - how will I get through the next 2 months.......................

Marcy in Memphis

I have to get through three months, lol!!!:eek: :D

When we were on the Golden in August I had a lot of fun with the Perfume shop. I'd been wanting to find a new "favorite" perfume for months but still hadn't found one as I can only try a few at a time and everytime I returned to a store at home I'd forget what I'd tried before and hadn't liked :( SO while on the Golden I visited the perfume store 2 or 3 times a day just for a few minutes, trying out different ones each time- it only took a few visits before the girls were waiting for me each time I visited to "suggest" differents ones I hadn't yet tried. Finally on the last full day shortly before the store closed I decided on one I wanted to purchase- much to my pleasure the girl said, "wait a minute, I think have a better deal for you if you're interested"- she went to the shelf and got me a gift package of the same brand/size I'd picked for the same price but it included a hand cream and showerjell which I hadn't noticed before. After returning home I checked the price I'd paid on-line and found that while I hadn't saved tons of money, I had gotten a descent deal and most important, I new "favorite" perfume and had fun doing it !!:)

Thanks for the story, grandmato! Perfumes make nice gifts, too!:D

Got off the Golden on October 6th and will be re-boarding on November 24th......it was supposed to be a Back 2 Back but we couldn't take the time...so, we split it up! How fun is that?

I loved this ship.....I am extremely picky and I looked for wear and tear and could not find it....it's a pristene ship...very well managed and maintained.

The food, in the dining room was just "okay"...the food in Horizon court was great...we didn't try any specialty restaurants. Go to the Horizon court late at night and pick up some snacks to take back to your cabin...look out for the cookies, they're wonderful!!!!!

The variety of food in the buffet is excellent; the crew cleans off the tables so quickly you dare not blink!

Go to deck 7 have a "yummy" drink, at the bar; sit by a window and ask for a jar of nuts...just to pass the time.

Go to the Wheelhouse Bar and join in some creative arts class or trivia (just be careful of the smokers, at certain times!)

The carpeting on the floor (near your cabins) has a design on it (it almost looks like a sailboat) look for the "point" of the sail....it will point to the front of the ship.........This helped so much in figuring out what direction I was in!

Have fun! You'll love this ship!

WARNING: If you're in the Canaletto Dining Room for dinner.....you must use the stairs (across from the Vista Lounge) on Deck 7 to go down to the dining room on Deck 6.

Or, you may use the two (end) elevators - Don't use the middle elevators, they don't go to the 6th deck.........

For early diners: Don't rush to dinner at 5:45 (you'll just have to wait in line), arrive at 6:00, you'll walk right in.

Got off the Golden on October 6th and will be re-boarding on November 24th......it was supposed to be a Back 2 Back but we couldn't take the time...so, we split it up! How fun is that?

I loved this ship.....I am extremely picky and I looked for wear and tear and could not find it....it's a pristene ship...very well managed and maintained.

The food, in the dining room was just "okay"...the food in Horizon court was great...we didn't try any specialty restaurants. Go to the Horizon court late at night and pick up some snacks to take back to your cabin...look out for the cookies, they're wonderful!!!!!

The variety of food in the buffet is excellent; the crew cleans off the tables so quickly you dare not blink!

Go to deck 7 have a "yummy" drink, at the bar; sit by a window and ask for a jar of nuts...just to pass the time.

Go to the Wheelhouse Bar and join in some creative arts class or trivia (just be careful of the smokers, at certain times!)

The carpeting on the floor (near your cabins) has a design on it (it almost looks like a sailboat) look for the "point" of the sail....it will point to the front of the ship.........This helped so much in figuring out what direction I was in!

Excellent info Roz, we leave in 9 days for the Golden and I can't wait!

Hey, all you lucky people who will be cruising on the Golden soon. Don't forget to go up to Skywalkers on Deck 17. By night it is a nightclub, but by day it is a quiet getaway with a view that is to die for. The bar is not open during the day but you can take your own drink up and just sit and relax by the window. Some take books and read up there. We went up one evening as we were pulling out of port. Best view on the ship!

I'm with ya girlfriend!

I'll bring the margaritas!:D

Excellent info Roz, we leave in 9 days for the Golden and I can't wait!

Bon Voyage!!!!

Hey, all you lucky people who will be cruising on the Golden soon. Don't forget to go up to Skywalkers on Deck 17. By night it is a nightclub, but by day it is a quiet getaway with a view that is to die for. The bar is not open during the day but you can take your own drink up and just sit and relax by the window. Some take books and read up there. We went up one evening as we were pulling out of port. Best view on the ship!

This sounds like my kind of place!:cool:

Roz - You're tips are fantastic!!! Thanks for posting them!:D

• 2 weeks later...
WARNING: If you're in the Canaletto Dining Room for dinner.....you must use the stairs (across from the Vista Lounge) on Deck 7 to go down to the dining room on Deck 6.

Or, you may use the two (end) elevators - Don't use the middle elevators, they don't go to the 6th deck.........

For early diners: Don't rush to dinner at 5:45 (you'll just have to wait in line), arrive at 6:00, you'll walk right in.

Thank you for the tips Roz, they will be most helpful when we board the Golden for our Thanksgiving cruise in two weeks. We are traveling with a total of 29 family members and I can't even explain how excited we are to finally be going on this cruise. We started planning over one year ago. I will do my best to post pictures and a review after the cruise. Thank you all for the pictures and posts!!

We are in this dining room, I assume. At least that is where the brochure I have says the Traditional Dining is.... Thanks for the tips. I can see from the deck plans how this dining room is only accessible from the rear stairs or elevator.:)

Isn't her "rear" funny looking? :p

It really looks like God could just reach down, grab her by the handle & give her a shake! I hope He doesn't!:p

Thank you for the tips Roz, they will be most helpful when we board the Golden for our Thanksgiving cruise in two weeks. We are traveling with a total of 29 family members and I can't even explain how excited we are to finally be going on this cruise. We started planning over one year ago. I will do my best to post pictures and a review after the cruise. Thank you all for the pictures and posts!!

Have a GREAT CRUISE! What a fun way to spend the holiday with family. We'll be looking forward to seeing all the pictures!:cool:

Archived