BluQ in Key West

at-c

We are booked on a cruise with a stop in Key West on November 6. Just wondering if anybody has done this all gay catamaran. If so, any comments? Was the booking reliable? I think that there will be plenty of time while we are in port to do this.

We are on the Silver Shadow, departing FLL on November 4, so let us know if there might be anybody joining us.

We did the BluQ sunset sail in Feb '06 on a post cruise trip. I was teriffic. Had a great evening with about 8 other guys. The crew Captain and mate were nice on the eyes too. We're looking forward to a day trip with them when we go back this spring.

Since the Atlantis trip in March pulls into Key West, I need something to do that wont get me into too much trouble.

Will look to see if there is a web site.

Note: took a sunset boat ride while staying in Key west once....still havent recovered....my bad...so bad.....ouch!:D

I've sailed twice with Steve and the first mate (Rob?), once on his keel hull, and the second time on the BluQ.

Second all of the positive comments by others. Steve runs a first class operation, and is genuinely a nice guy. I was just starting to sail myself when we first went out, and Steve was engaging and interactive w/ a 'novice'.

Just an example of what you can expect - For snorkeling, the BluQ outfilled us with wet suits and inflation vests, along with the other requisite gear, and the mate served as guide. Once back on board, we had a delicious lunch of chicken gumbo and fruit (the man's a former cop, sails, handsome, and can cook!). Meanwhile, one of Steve's competitors had moored along side - they were given pool noodles for floation, no guide, and had bagged chips waiting for them. No comparison.

Short answer - book it - you'll be in for a great sail.

I was going over their web site and was all set to make a reservation for their "Island Time" sail till I got to the bottom of the description and saw that they only offer that cruise on Sunday & Wednesday. Oh well, guess I'll have to make do with their Snorkel Lover's sailing - even though I'm not able to snorkel. Their Sunset cruise is semi interesting tho.

Archived