Snorkeling in PV?

Sunny AZ Girl

We will be going on Golden Princess in January & both love to snorkel. We areplanning a whale watching excursion in Cabo & hope to do a beach & city tour with Mazatlan Frank in Matlazan. That leaves PV for snorkeling. Are there any suggestions for a snoekel excursion other than a mega ship excursion? Is the snorkeling good from any of the beaches?

Thanks!:)

We never had any luck snorkeling from the shore, but maybe we just weren't in the right place. We went on a boat that featured whale watching and snorkeling. It went way out in the bay to some little rocky islands. We enjoyed the snorkeling out there very much.

You'll need an excursion for snorkelling in PV. Vallarta Adventures is by far the best tour operator in PV. They have a contract with the cruise lines though so they likely won't book you privately. You could always try on their website.

Take either the Las Caletas or Mariettas tour. I personally prefer Las Caletas. It's a pretty place and along with the snorkelling you can kayak and some other water activities. You'll also get lunch and an open bar. The food was very good. We've been there three times, both during the day and for the Rhythms of the Night tour. Good luck.

• 1 year later...
You'll need an excursion for snorkelling in PV. Vallarta Adventures is by far the best tour operator in PV. They have a contract with the cruise lines though so they likely won't book you privately. You could always try on their website.

Take either the Las Caletas or Mariettas tour. I personally prefer Las Caletas. It's a pretty place and along with the snorkelling you can kayak and some other water activities. You'll also get lunch and an open bar. The food was very good. We've been there three times, both during the day and for the Rhythms of the Night tour. Good luck.

How much was Las Caletas and how long did the touring take for snorkeling?

If you have ever been snorkeling in the gulf, You will be dissappointed with snorkeling in PV. That is my forewarning to you. Depending on the time you decide to go as well, i have been on a tour which i've had to hop back in the boat due to jelly fish infestation. Also, Red tide is very common in March which makes the water a little less visible.

Archived