Children in Hot tubs

In2why

Has anyone actually told the children in the hot tubs that I am getting in now and this is an adult hot tub so you need to get out? If so what happened?

The more I read about the problem and Carnival not doing anything to enforce it I think that is what I will do. Point out the sign and ask them to leave so I can enjoy the hot tub. I figure the worst that could happen is that some drunk parent yells at me and then security will have to get involved.....and the best that could happen is that the kids go somewhere else and I enjoy the hot tub.

I have pointed out the sign to the kids and the parents in the past, all I usually get is a really dumb blank look.

I can say one thing; there is a difference between west coast and east coast cruises that I have observed. The people on the west coast cruises seem to be a bit more considerate of others and the east coast cruises seem to have more people with bad manners or never were taught manners.

I'm not trying to start and argument here between west and east but my fiance whom is from Queens, NY and myself being from SLC, Utah have both noticed this and agree.

It's so sad that anyone would have to deal with a parent whos kid is in the "Adult Only" hot tub when there are signs that clearly states that. The parent will argue with you and they are the ones in the wrong. But I totally agree about telling security and letting them handle the situation so you won't have to encounter a big situation.

I would go to security and ask THEM to remove the children, this way, you don't have to deal with parents, and the chances of the kids trying to sneak back in later in the week are lessened.

But it seems based on what I read, that security is often no where to be found, and other Carnival employees ignore the problem. I guess having so much interaction with children I wouldn't hesitate to tell them nicely to move along....and if they didn't respond I would tell them more firmly. Either way they *would get out of the hot tub so I could enjoy it.

Has anyone actually told the children in the hot tubs that I am getting in now and this is an adult hot tub so you need to get out? If so what happened?

Yes! I did this on Pride recently. We got into the Adults Only Aft Hot Tub and there was a mom, dad and kid. The kid started jumping and splashing and I said "No! You will not splash in this hot tub! In fact, this is the adults only hot tub and you should leave!" The family got out and left. I didn't feel guilty or bad about this one bit. There are lots of other places for those people to go and play!

PS I really am not a mean old grouch! Adult areas are for adults....not adults with kids in tow!

On more than one occasion, I have reminded kids that the hot tub was for adults onlly. They always got up and left. They knew full well that they didn't belong in there. ;)

Exactly and in less then 5 minutes the problem is solved. I can't understand why it is written about so often as a huge problem. Kids aren't stupid...they just pretend to be at times. :D

For those of you who have been on carnival, is the water in the hot tubs hot or very warm? Just wondering also, if the temp in the adults hot tub is kept any warmer. I know the adults only are for the peace and enjoyment of the adults, but would also pose a health hazard for children. Signs are usually posted in any resort area with a hot tub not to allow children for this reason.

Can I make a suggestion? E-Mail or write Carnival and complain.

I did this just last week about adult hot tubs, adult pools and adult only sun decks.

Hopefully, if enough people complain, Carnival will start doing something about it.

It's sad that many parents will not correct or stop their kids. Or feel that just because they are there, their kids should be allowed.

Hey, I'm a parent and grandparent and love kids but adult only means adult only. Period.......I also enjoy my adult time........

The more I read about the problem and Carnival not doing anything to enforce it I think that is what I will do. Point out the sign and ask them to leave so I can enjoy the hot tub. I figure the worst that could happen is that some drunk parent yells at me and then security will have to get involved.....and the best that could happen is that the kids go somewhere else and I enjoy the hot tub.

The security is usually there to ask the children to get out when were in the hot tub. And if they are'nt and kids get to crazy in the hot tub I look for security.

Yes there are hot tubs that kids are allowed in, it is not that I have ever felt hot more like a luke warm tub so heat is not an issue :) I have heard people complain about kids in the normal hot tub which I think is crazy, unless they are in diapers which is just so gross :p

For those of you who have been on carnival, is the water in the hot tubs hot or very warm? Just wondering also, if the temp in the adults hot tub is kept any warmer. I know the adults only are for the peace and enjoyment of the adults, but would also pose a health hazard for children. Signs are usually posted in any resort area with a hot tub not to allow children for this reason.

I don't think the hot tubs are ever hot enough.

I agree with evryones post one hundred percent 100% parents aboard these ships should have better control over their kids I have neven cruised before but I have seen how kids have bhaved while I have been on various vacations and to say the least their behavior has been appalling.

I just hope that I don't run into any children like that on my upcoming cruise I don't have any children but I have 2 nieces 1 nephew 1 minor age sister and three minor age brothers 4 god children and a host of other children who are apart of my life in some sort of fashion. I using this time as a break from them until I return I hope I able to do just that:) :D :cool:

I keep my jacuzzi at 104 d so definitely, they never feel hot enuff to me. That being said - it is still good way to relax w/ the jets.

Yes, I have had to tell children to leave - and when there is no response - I had no problem whatsoever in asking "where is your mother?" And if that doesn't do it, I would get Staff to help the kids find a new spot somewhere else on deck. However, asking where someone's mother is usually gets kids moving.

And I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings - but when the sign says Adults Only, it doesn't mean children welcome, if accompanied by an Adult. I would not personally make an issue out of it, as long as behavior is appropriate, but really . . . can't we all just follow the rules?

There were kids in the adult hot tub on the Pride, and a group of young adults arrived and told the kids to "get lost." The kids ran off and told mommy and daddy and a fight broke out when mommy and daddy returned to the hot tub. Security told mommy and daddy that they didn't want to see their kids back in the hot tub or even in the area or they will be put off the ship at the next port. Everyone applauded! On another note, IF the kids are well behaved and just sitting there not bothering anyone, I probably wouldn't say anything to them, but the first obnoxious move by one of them too bad for them! :eek:

I have told children and adolescents on more than one occasion to get out of the adults only hot tubs. Little children (pre-teen) are usually intimidated enough by a large hairy male to scoot. Sometimes the teens can be problematic.

I usually leave the teens alone if all they are doing is sitting and relaxing. Once they start shenanigans (splashing, snapping bra straps, pulling down bathing suits etc) I tell them firmly "This hottub is reserved for people over 18 years old. If you want to stay and be treated as an adult then you better behave like an adult or I'm going get security to throw you out." They usually listen.

Of course one cannot deal with young adults behaving badly, meaning drunken 18 to 23 year olds. In those situations you have to pick your battles.

BnB

Well, that's a separate issue, but the reason the hot tubs are kept below a certain temperature is so that Carnival dosen't have problems with folks staying in too long and then collapsing on the way out. A true hot tub should be somewhere around 135 -145 degrees, but the Carnival ones are kept at around 75-80 degrees or basically the temperature of the Atlantic in August.

BnB

It is my understanding that the Legend has both an adults only hot tub and at least 1 other that anyone may utilize.

Many resorts have the same restrictions.

As for out of control kids running rampant, perhaps some of the them are taking a cue from the adults they observe.;)

Archived