Children in Hot tubs

In2why

What a weird thing to say. There are a lot of kid-haters on this board.

No, I'm not a kid-hater. Had one of my own and loved those growing up years when we had a yard full of kids playing. Call me a germophobe, maybe!:) But let's face it, kids do go potty in pools. At least in a pool it is less concentrated, but in a small hot tub, well....you get the idea.

Well, that's a separate issue, but the reason the hot tubs are kept below a certain temperature is so that Carnival dosen't have problems with folks staying in too long and then collapsing on the way out. A true hot tub should be somewhere around 135 -145 degrees, but the Carnival ones are kept at around 75-80 degrees or basically the temperature of the Atlantic in August.

BnB

NOPE! Maybe you mean 103-104 degrees. You could die even at 110-115 degrees.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/5112.html

No, I'm not a kid-hater. Had one of my own and loved those growing up years when we had a yard full of kids playing. Call me a germophobe, maybe!:) But let's face it, kids do go potty in pools. At least in a pool it is less concentrated, but in a small hot tub, well....you get the idea.

I have two kids of my own...and I'll sit out with Elaine. :D

For those of you who have been on carnival, is the water in the hot tubs hot or very warm? Just wondering also, if the temp in the adults hot tub is kept any warmer.
On the Glory the adult tub was clearly hotter than the others. (which weren't ever very warm)

Archived