All things Monarch of the Seas

Jen, I believe that Boris with the BBBs (Beautiful Baby Blues) is Russian.

Danney & Trudi are indeed the best. Captain Teo Strazic (sp) is also terrific, but alas he will be leaving to Captain the Independence. Joy from the Phillipines is a fabulous cabin attendant on Deck 10.

-from a charter member & President (self-appointed, of course!) of the Monarch Fan Club.

Jean, what was Beautiful Croatian Man's name?

Danney and Trudy are great!

You should join the Danney fan club. There are club dues, and they're payable to Danney in the form of chocolate when you board the ship! ;)

We are also Danney Fan Club members, but we pay our dues to him in the form of butter cookies. ;) Oh boy! he's got us all, hook, line and sinker. :D

I'm new to the Monarch, but will spend time getting to know her next January - a nice weekend between crazy seasons at work. A couple questions for those that know and love the ship...

1. Is there a formal night on the 3 night weekend cruise?

2. Are the OV rooms on deck 7 noisy? I found out about the promenade after I booked and don't mind closing my curtains occasionally for privacy, but am hoping noise won't be a factor.

3. Are the Danney Fan Club dues paid with milk or dark chocolate? I'm sure I'll be booking a future cruise when I'm there and need to be prepared :)

I'm new to the Monarch, but will spend time getting to know her next January - a nice weekend between crazy seasons at work. A couple questions for those that know and love the ship...

1. Is there a formal night on the 3 night weekend cruise? Yes. It's the second night, of course. First night - people may not have their luggage. Last night - people are packing.

2. Are the OV rooms on deck 7 noisy? I found out about the promenade after I booked and don't mind closing my curtains occasionally for privacy, but am hoping noise won't be a factor. No noise problem that I know of.

3. Are the Danney Fan Club dues paid with milk or dark chocolate? I'm sure I'll be booking a future cruise when I'm there and need to be prepared :) Baked goods. ;) Homemade treats are most appreciated. ;)

Hello fellow cruisers!

The thread started by Christine for the Explorer is so informative and helpful, I thought I'd start a thread for my favorite ship, the Monarch of the Seas!

I know there are many monarch fans on this board and they can post here their links for pictures and compasses, as well as give praise to any of the hundereds of favorite crew members onboard. (I love the Monarch crew)

I'm even hoping that my friend Debbie (mohavemommy) can repost her very helpful information on the cabins with obstructed views. :)

Lets see how many more people we can find to join the Monarch Fan Club! :D

Hi Mrs. T.... here I am again - Corkey!! I am glad I found this thread cuz I wanted to ask you about the cute doggie in your Avatar... so precious!!

You will remember me - the one who loves Indian food!!! thanx for starting this thread - I would love to join if you let me!! the MOnarch is a favorite of ours and we will be on Oct 8 to Oct 15 doing a b2b --

I didn't know there is a Danney Fan Club - I will bring him some goodies - if that's the way to pay our dues!!

Can't wait to board!! we do this annually - most of the time twice a year but this yr we had to combine the sailings cuz of scheduling ... Carol

Jean, what was Beautiful Croatian Man's name?

DeJan Lalic. <sigh>

Janabelle, there is a formal night on Saturday night. I don't think the Deck 7 cabins would be all that noisy, just visible to the hardy souls who walk or jog on the Promenade Deck. I don't know what kind of chocolate Danney likes. I usually bring a bag of bite-size chocolates in both hues to Guest Relations - they are the ones who have to deal with people who have no idea how $500 worth of cocktails ended up on their Seapass.:rolleyes:

DeJan Lalic. <sigh>

Janabelle, there is a formal night on Saturday night. I don't think the Deck 7 cabins would be all that noisy, just visible to the hardy souls who walk or jog on the Promenade Deck. I don't know what kind of chocolate Danney likes. I usually bring a bag of bite-size chocolates in both hues to Guest Relations - they are the ones who have to deal with people who have no idea how $500 worth of cocktails ended up on their Seapass.:rolleyes:

You mean, like.....................DG? ;)

Danney & Trudi are indeed the best. Captain Teo Strazic (sp) is also terrific, but alas he will be leaving to Captain the Independence. Joy from the Phillipines is a fabulous cabin attendant on Deck 10.

-from a charter member & President (self-appointed, of course!) of the Monarch Fan Club.

Yay!! Congrats!! I will do anything to help you run your fan club for The Monarch - who is the Pres for the Danney Fan Club? Is it Lephysteria? == I will see him Monday = any messages? I am glad there is a President for the MOnarch - the prez ranks higher than the Captain himself. - let me know about any other protocol - nice to know about the dues - do you think Danney wants more choc? homemade cookies? or his native filipino treats? I am filipino but don't do too good in the filipino foods dept. Carol

1. Is there a formal night on the 3 night weekend cruise? Yes. It's the second night, of course. First night - people may not have their luggage. Last night - people are packing.

2. Are the OV rooms on deck 7 noisy? I found out about the promenade after I booked and don't mind closing my curtains occasionally for privacy, but am hoping noise won't be a factor. No noise problem that I know of.

3. Are the Danney Fan Club dues paid with milk or dark chocolate? I'm sure I'll be booking a future cruise when I'm there and need to be prepared Baked goods. Homemade treats are most appreciated.

Thanks, MerionMom!! You always have such helpful information :) :) I hadn't considered baked goods - but I can do that! I'll have to make meeting Danney a top priority so I'm not tempted ;)

DeJan Lalic. <sigh>

Critterchick - Great suggestion for the folks at Guest Relations! This will be a great cruise :)

2. Are the OV rooms on deck 7 noisy? I found out about the promenade after I booked and don't mind closing my curtains occasionally for privacy, but am hoping noise won't be a factor.

According to my roommate on my cruise, yes it was noisy on deck 7 due to the group of college age spring breakers having a party outside our window at 3am.:eek: I did not hear it as I always sleep with ear plugs. She actually wasn't that bothered by it because she was up studying.

If the same noise repeats itself on your cruise, the solution to it is to call security!

Hi there,

Ok, my bad, I was too distracted by Boris' eyes to notice his country of origin. :)

.... if you're the self appointed president ... can I be the secretary of the fan club? ;)

1. Is there a formal night on the 3 night weekend cruise?

3. Are the Danney Fan Club dues paid with milk or dark chocolate? I'm sure I'll be booking a future cruise when I'm there and need to be prepared :)

You're going to have a great cruise ;)

There is a formal night, it is Saturday (or Tuesday night on the 4 day cruise ~ basically always the 2nd night of your cruise). There are some people who dress up, and there are some people who still stick to Smart Casual. I do not think that the passengers dress up as much on the short cruises as they do on the large cruises!

The OV rooms are only noisy when people are chatty outside your window. But just so that you can be prepared, you will have a window, but won't be able to look down onto the water. You'll be able to see the sunlight and weather though.

In my experience, Danney likes the Hershey bars (no almonds). He also likes brownies, cookies and other homemade items. Make sure you tell him that he's to enjoy the chocolate, or being the generous soul that he is, he'll save it for all of his friends onboard. You gotta love Danney :)

Hi Mrs. T.... here I am again - Corkey!! I am glad I found this thread cuz I wanted to ask you about the cute doggie in your Avatar... so precious!!

You will remember me - the one who loves Indian food!!! thanx for starting this thread - I would love to join if you let me!! the Monarch is a favorite of ours and we will be on Oct 8 to Oct 15 doing a b2b --

I didn't know there is a Danney Fan Club - I will bring him some goodies - if that's the way to pay our dues!!

Can't wait to board!! we do this annually - most of the time twice a year but this yr we had to combine the sailings cuz of scheduling ... Carol

Hi Carol! Its great to see you again!

My doggie in the picture is my friend's dog. She's a cutie, isn't she??

We are always accepting new members into the fan club. All are welcome!

The second way to pay Danney's fan club dues is to spread the word about how cool he is, and try and recruit other members. :cool:

Make sure you report back with a mini trip report on this thread, so others can be coerced into sailing too! ;)

Yay!! Congrats!! I will do anything to help you run your fan club for The Monarch - who is the Pres for the Danney Fan Club? Is it Lephysteria? == I will see him Monday = any messages? I am glad there is a President for the MOnarch - the prez ranks higher than the Captain himself. - let me know about any other protocol - nice to know about the dues - do you think Danney wants more choc? homemade cookies? or his native filipino treats? I am filipino but don't do too good in the filipino foods dept. Carol

Any messages for Danney? ..... um .... don't eat all the brownies in one sitting. He can't get more until Misty sails on October 15th! ha ha ha

And also let him know that I'll make sure to include some for Captain Karin, as I understand she likes the brownies too.

I am not sure we have any officers for the Danney Fan Club. I am the official brownie supplier, but other than that, I'm not aware of any officers ;)

I'm not sure if he has a craving for any of the filipino foods, I'm not sure if there is room after you factor in his chocolate craving! :D

According to my roommate on my cruise, yes it was noisy on deck 7 due to the group of college age spring breakers having a party outside our window at 3am.:eek: I did not hear it as I always sleep with ear plugs. She actually wasn't that bothered by it because she was up studying.

If the same noise repeats itself on your cruise, the solution to it is to call security!

You can bet I would call security! I know I'm going to have to work a little to find my quiet spots on a weekend rest & recharge cruise, but 3am is a bit much! I'm in a forward cabin on this cruise, so maybe the wind on deck will persuade them to move before it comes to that. :o :)

You can bet I would call security! I know I'm going to have to work a little to find my quiet spots on a weekend rest & recharge cruise, but 3am is a bit much! I'm in a forward cabin on this cruise, so maybe the wind on deck will persuade them to move before it comes to that. :o :)

I hate to scare you but we were in one of the ones on the very front of the ship, 7504.

As for quiet spots, go to the Viking Crown Lounge during the day.

We scheduled a four day cruise on Feb. 4th. I've been reading a number of reviews and I don't see anyone talk about showroom evening entertainment which usually is put on after dinner.

also,

Has anyone taken a couple bottles of wine aboard and had it at the dinner table? If so, what is the corkage fee? I've been cruising with Celebrity and they allow two bottles to be brought aboard for room consumption but will charge a $25 corkage fee if taken to the dinning room.

John

I know that RCCL's policy is to not allow anyone to bring any wine aboard at all. Whether or not you can actually get it onboard in your luggage, that's another story and depends on the ship and your luck.

I agree, Wrona. If you can get the wine onboard, that's one bullet. Then if you can get the wine to your table, that's another bullet!

I'm not a wine buff, but I did rather enjoy the house wines that they had onboard, but that's just my opinion.

The shows are actually quite good. I understand that the Monarch is getting a new production show soon if not already. :)

We are new to Monarch in 32 Days! We are excited, but have only cruised RCIs Mariner - twice - and she's a beauty! Congrats on the west Coast gaining her for 2009 - you'll LOVE her! We have also cruised Disney. We really don't know what to expect, but are sure everything will be great as far as the ship is concerned. What I need is info. about what to do in each port on the 4 day sailing. We are typically caribbean vacationers and are accustomed to warm water diving and snorkeling. So, we are at odds as to what to do in each port, especially Ensenada. And, snorkeling at Catalina Island with the kelp beds kind of freaks me out - something about not being able to see everything around you due to the kelp. We are flying in a day early and arriving around 11am, staying in SanPedro. Can anyone help or give advice??

We are new to Monarch in 32 Days! We are excited, but have only cruised RCIs Mariner - twice - and she's a beauty! Congrats on the west Coast gaining her for 2009 - you'll LOVE her! We have also cruised Disney. We really don't know what to expect, but are sure everything will be great as far as the ship is concerned. What I need is info. about what to do in each port on the 4 day sailing. We are typically caribbean vacationers and are accustomed to warm water diving and snorkeling. So, we are at odds as to what to do in each port, especially Ensenada. And, snorkeling at Catalina Island with the kelp beds kind of freaks me out - something about not being able to see everything around you due to the kelp. We are flying in a day early and arriving around 11am, staying in SanPedro. Can anyone help or give advice??

25 days and counting to our 4th 4-day on the Monarch. We're excited too!

Archived