All things Monarch of the Seas

You can order anything you want on RCI through room service, as long as it is being served in the dining room during the same time period. All we have ever ordered from room sevice has been breakfast. RCI is one of the few who have hot breakfast items available to non-suite guests. We love to fill out the hang tag available in the room each night, put it on our doorknob before we go to bed & be awakened by the room service call about 5-10 minutes before it arrives. Then we enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the balcony & as we get ready for the day's activities!:)

Thanks. I was on the ship with friends last time and we were not up ever for breakfast. Going with my husband this time so he asked about breakfast in bed and I did not know what to say.

Thank you all so much for this little thread here. I can't wait for January, is my first Royal Caribbean! Thanks for posting all those great photos and such, as well. Is so fun to see the Monarch in advance, really helps get you excited! :)

I think I saw someone else was cruising 1/28? That $169 did it for me! :D

Danney came to the rescue on our MOS cruise this week! When we went to board, my card said 'gold'. This is after 2 different C&A people promised me they would email the ship. I told them I was platinum and they referred me to Danney. He took care of it that evening!

My DH was totally impressed with the Monarch and the crew and service! This won't be his only cruise now!

Danney came to the rescue on our MOS cruise this week! When we went to board, my card said 'gold'. This is after 2 different C&A people promised me they would email the ship. I told them I was platinum and they referred me to Danney. He took care of it that evening!

That's Danney. and always with that big smile. Later. Robin :cool:

My DH was totally impressed with the Monarch and the crew and service! This won't be his only cruise now!

He's awesome! :)

I'm glad you got a chance to meet him. ;)

lol Um, the secret handshake has yet to be created.

The fanclub card also doubles as a seapass card .... kept forever and ever ... any previous Monarch Seapass card will do, because as you know, once you sail the ship once, you're hooked! ;)

Ginny- those photos are great. Thanks

I just sat mesmerised on Majesty watching everyone dance Salsa,Merengue etc (wish I could dance :() are they doing those dances in the Boleros on Monarch? That's enough to make me want to go.....

What do you get for the different levels? Is that by cruises or something you pay for?

Ginny- those photos are great. Thanks

I just sat mesmerised on Majesty watching everyone dance Salsa,Merengue etc (wish I could dance :() are they doing those dances in the Boleros on Monarch? That's enough to make me want to go.....

Yes, they were salsa dancing in Bolero's! Just like you, I was stuck sitting on the sidelines.:( of course, I was willing to get up and make a fool of myself (I wouldn't see those people again after the cruise, right?;) ), but I couldn't get DH up at all!

We were on the Monarch last week and at the C&A reception Danney said a different ship will be doing this itin in 2008. For the life of me I can't remember which ship it was going to be. Can someone help me with this?

Monarch is sailing at least through April of 2009 according to the RCI website.

I've only been on Monarch once, but had a great time. Am going again in December. My review from the last one is linked up in my signature.

Question about the b2b - how does it work? Is there a specific way to book it? Do you have to go through the disembark inbetween and then reboard? If so can you leave your luggage in the room? Thanks in advance for info...

What do you get for the different levels? Is that by cruises or something you pay for?

You get priority on/off, use of a RCI robe in your stateroom, invitation to platinum/diamond gathering, and the platinum coupon book. It's the C&A loyalty program and platinum is after 5 cruise credits.

If you do a back to back you are strongly advised to get the same cabin on both sailings. Then you don't have to move at the end of your first leg.

Then on debarkation morning, you hang out till the port guys take you through immigration and customs. Then you walk out of the terminal, then you walk back into the terminal, then you check in again, then you wait in the crown and anchor lounge (or general area if you're not plat or diam c&a members), then the staff comes to get you, then you walk back through security and the metal detectors. Then you put your new seapass into the reader to assign your picture to your card, then your group is the first to walk back onto the ship again! The entire disembarkation/embarkation process takes about 30 minutes. If you're waiting to board the ship in the C&A lounge, your back-to-back group is taken onboard before the plat or diam members are .... so that's a great thing! ;)

There are a few people that are Monarch gurus............they are Debbie, aka Mohavemommy, Jen, aka lephysteria...............and Jean.....aka critterchick.

These three ladies have more cruise time on the Monarch than some the people that have worked as cruise members.

We have been very lucky to have enjoyed some of the suites of the Monarch..............so can't speak of other cabins. They crew, especially Danney and Trudy have been very special to us and remain so.

The three people that I have mentioned would be more than helpful to anyone that needs more information about the Monarch.

Rick

Aww, thanks, Rick, good to see you here!

B2B on Monarch isn't as nice as in some other ports because you do have to wait for general embarkation to reboard. In FLL, for example, we just went off the ship through immigration, waited about 10 minutes and reboarded before anybody else came through the area. On Monarch we disembarked about 10:30. I went home to see my dogs (the advantage of living near the port) and came back at about 1:30. Jen & Celia, the other B2Bers had about an hour to wait before reboarding the ship. I don't know why LA won't let you reboard right away, but they don't. Oh, well.

...So, we are at odds as to what to do in each port, especially Ensenada...

Here's a shot from San Diego looking at the Monarch from the Star of India. If you enjoy history, especially maritime history, I recommend the San Diego Maritime Museum. Pretty cheap, and walking distance from the pier.

For Ensenada, if you don't see something in the excursions that interests you, I would walk or shuttle into town for shopping and dining. (is a bit of a long walk, but do-able)

monarch.jpg.0e4403cb6a9fe6719072aeb7c67dfeb5.jpg

Actually Jean we didn't wait an hour. It was more like 30-45 minutes from the time that the port employees took us through immigration to the time when we stepped back onboard. ;)

I like your story of FLL's b2b experience. Perhaps that's a port we'll think about in the future :D

There are a few people that are Monarch gurus............they are Debbie, aka Mohavemommy, Jen, aka lephysteria...............and Jean.....aka critterchick.

These three ladies have more cruise time on the Monarch than some the people that have worked as cruise members.

Rick

:D

Thanks Rick

My DH says the same thing .... in fact, he wonders why I'm still excited to sail on this ship each cruise I happen to take. I tell him that its just the magic of the ship and the energy of the crew! ;)

Archived