Favorite Port

In2why

I keep looking at the ports and wondering if anyone has a favorite......and a least favorite.

I think the number one excursion I keep hearing about that sounds divine would be cave tubing. Or at least what I picture when I imagine it. We lean more to the peaceful and relaxing type of vacation rather than thrill seeking, hard drinking type. DH is a history buff and ruins look fascinating too. Any suggestions for cruises that leave out of FL?

I've only done eastern and western caribbean cruises. Out of those, my favorites are Roatan and Belize. Least favorites are Freeport followed by Nassau. I'd love to do a southern. I think I'd find some new favorites there.:)

Cave tubing in Belize is a must-do!! One of my all-time favorite excursions.

Favorite ports:

Roantan

Belize

St. Martin

Bermuda

Can honestly say I have found something to enjoy everywhere we have been, so I really can't pick one I don't like.

I would say my favorite is Grand Cayman. Rum Point Beach is the most beautiful spot I think I've ever been to. 2nd, on the west coast Ixtapa and or Cabo.

Least Favorite, CARNIVAL WAKE UP!!! ENSENADA WITHOUT A DOUBT.

They need to loose that from their Iteneraries!

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Favorite: Half Moon Cay - absolutely wonderful beach - they just need to make it so you can rent a clamshell onboard, debark and find chairs, and hand the guy your receipt so you don't waste an hour standing in line!

Close behind: Grand Cayman and St John

Least: Freeport

Two new ports coming up: St Thomas (actually docked in St T but we spent the day in St J, so it doesn't count) and San Juan!

For the Caribbean, my favorite so far is Curacao and my least favorite is Nassau. The port I most want to visit is Barbados. For Mexico, my favorite is Cabo; no least favorite. For the Panama Canal cruise (Aruba to Acapulco), my favorite was Costa Rica; no least favorite. I don't have a favorite for Alaska, but next time I want to see Sitka.

Favorite: Half Moon Cay - absolutely wonderful beach - they just need to make it so you can rent a clamshell onboard, debark and find chairs, and hand the guy your receipt so you don't waste an hour standing in line!

Close behind: Grand Cayman and St John

Least: Freeport

Two new ports coming up: St Thomas (actually docked in St T but we spent the day in St J, so it doesn't count) and San Juan!

Skip St. Thomas and go to St. Johns again.

St. Thomas has the most beautiful port/bay but the beaches are quite lame view wise.

Our fav by far: St. Marteen (Orient Beach is awesome, but watch out for the French danglers)

A surprisingly good stop was Martinique.

It was surprising because everyone was telling us how anti-American they were and how we'd be treated like crap.

Never happened, and the island is beautiful.

Costa Maya is another fav. Such nice folks, cheap eats and drinks, and $15 massages on the beach. We had the best day just chillin. We felt horrible for the locals after the 'cane hit them

Least fav - Key West. We love Key West, but the cruise lines refuse to stop at the right time to hit KW which would be from like 8:00pm till 2:00am

Instead, they stop there in the morning, so you get to smell the party remnants from the night before, look around for anyplace that might be open, or go down to the lame little strip of beach.

Usually not enough time to entertain the best activity KW has to offer, fishing!

Stopping there from 9-6pm wouldn't hurt.

Kevin

Next cruise - Legend, Dec 16th

Archived