Greeting the Rhapsody

It wasnt paddock the last time i went. Lots of development going on out that way now. Trucks and construction everywhere

Been awhile since we've been down there - when we went to see Oriana, in Feb '06 (see photo on my other post).

I know this is not P&O/Princess (Carnival) related, but thought I should post it here.:rolleyes:

The Rhaposdy of the Seas is arriving on Monday the 15th of October,and I will be heading in to have a sticky beak after work. She doesn't leave till 6.30pm from the OSPT. I should be in at Circular Quay around 5pm if anybody is intersted in meeting up.

With the sun setting around 6.15pm, it should be a beautiful sight.:)

If anyone is interested, let me know.;)

This is the cruise that Badger Bill and a few other CCers are on, I know because I was suppose to be with them !! Made it to Hawaii to get on board on the Tuesday before she left and ended up in hospital over there with Kidney stones. Finally got released from hospital at 5pm on the Friday. Guess what time they left without me, yep 5pm on the Friday. Will be going in early to catch up with a few of them before they fly back to Qld.

What an absolute shame. I bet you were really disappointed. I hope you had Travel Insurance!!;)

Do you know whether you'll get your cruise fare back?

You bet we were, 2 years of saving and looking forward to a holiday without the kids, flight over there with the 6 others we were going with, and ready to meet more ccers,all to come crashing down.:(

Yeah we had travel insurance but that could be a bit of a worry as well. On the phone over there to the call centre they use and one of the comments was that they would cover EITHER a flight back to Sydney OR the cancellation fees of the cruise.:eek: When we asked why the bloke (who was very nice) checked with his boss who said they were both just transport from Hawaii to Sydney.

He did ring the insurance company who apparently said there may be a clause they could use to give us both. I've put the claim in and will see what happens. If they don't pay you will probably hear me even without the forum.

Have put in a claim for all our out of pocket expenses and the hospital said they would send their bills direct to the insurance company. The helpline bloke did tell us we were in one of the best hospitals in the world but the charge accordingly. Apparently about $400 US per visit to the doctor and about 5-6 THOUSAND US a night in hospital.

I hope I don't even see them.

wow, what bad luck i am so sorry you missed your cruise, that must have been a terrible blow.

i hope you have passed those stones, supposed to be worse than childbirth But probably said by a male.!!!

Heres hoping your insurance pays in full for you. Did you at least manage any free time in hawaii

wow, what bad luck i am so sorry you missed your cruise, that must have been a terrible blow.

i hope you have passed those stones, supposed to be worse than childbirth But probably said by a male.!!!

Heres hoping your insurance pays in full for you. Did you at least manage any free time in hawaii

The first operation over there blasted the stone away as the Dr said it was way to big to pass, then had some complications with op and ended up having another op overthere on the Friday morning. Booked in for another Op in November (In aus thank god) to finally get back to 100%

Got out of hospital at 5pm on Friday and booked on the 9am flight back home so was at the airport by 6am. went shopping for souvenirs for the kids at midnight in the ABC store (like a 7-11 but more stuff) so all up had enough time for 2 dinners and about an hours shopping in the 3 days we were there.

Your right about hoping about the insurance, all up looking at about 8 thousand AU Plus medical.

Your right about hoping about the insurance, all up looking at about 8 thousand AU Plus medical.

I spent 5 hours in Emergency in San Francisco, and it end up costing $5,500 US!!:eek: Luckily we had travel insurance (a lot of people still don't take it out!!), which covered the costs, otherwise we would have been in real trouble.:rolleyes:

I'll be going in after work to take some pics. It should be a nice afternoon for a harbour jaunt.

Make sure you take plenty of pics when you cruise next April.:) How long is your cruise? What deck are you on?

We booked today for 09, and got our cabin confirmed as 3092 midships right near the lifts.

Thought I would 'bump' this to remind people that she is due in tomorrow.:)

She arrives at the Overseas Passenger terminal. Should have a wonderful view of her too.:D

Weather tomorrow in Sydney town is Fine with a top of 28.

Just got an email from onboard, apparently due to arrive at 5-45 am.

Just got an email from onboard, apparently due to arrive at 5-45 am.

Even I'm not that keen.:p More like 4.45 pm for me. Should be a spectacular arrival tomorrow morning for those lucky ducks.:D

Does anybody know if this is the first Royal Caribbean ship to visit Australian Waters?

I'll be going in after work to take some pics. It should be a nice afternoon for a harbour jaunt.

Make sure you take plenty of pics when you cruise next April.:) How long is your cruise? What deck are you on?

We booked today for 09, and got our cabin confirmed as 3092 midships right near the lifts.

our cruise is a 7 night oceanview deck 4 midship. Shanghai, Seoul, Cheju Island & Pusan all S. Korea, then onto Kagoshima Japan and back to Shanghai. We plan to fly to Bejing for a few days first. This was a bargain, $2000 US for a family of four.

My brother in law and wife are doing a 17night Syndey to Singapore next month.

At lunch;) ...Apparently she is in.:) I'll be knocking off @ 4.30pm to go in and see her. Looking forward to seeing her.:D

Col & Di (The fox) just sent me an sms, they have seen her and said she is lovely, they are off for lunch and beers;)

Would be a perfect day on Sydney harbour:)

Chez

xx

At lunch;) ...Apparently she is in.:) I'll be knocking off @ 4.30pm to go in and see her. Looking forward to seeing her.:D

Hi Jarrod,

Just got home from having a look.Di & I thought the ship looked great.Spoke to a couple of people who were just off her .their response was the ship is excellent but the organisation left a little bit to be desired .we took some good photos .it should be great to see her sail this evening its a glorious day in sydney.have a great nite.

1177707126_Picture411.jpg.bd30563e27bad24b44bce3ea5651f1d0.jpg

My brother in law and wife are doing a 17night Syndey to Singapore next month.

That should be a great cruise.

I looked very closely at it and it was our next cruise of choice.

Then I looked at the PD Christmas cruise and talked a mate of mine into going.

Now he can't go due to illness I am wishing I had done the Singapore cruise on the Rhapsody, as having lived there for over 5 years I have a soft spot for the place, and enjoy going back.

Never mind - having another attempt at the Rhapsody next year. ;)

Hi all

The Rhapsody will be in Brisbane on the 26th Nov 2007 on her way to Singapore, I know this cause I'm going...yippee, it departs Sydney 24/11 (Voting Day) and 1st port of call is home.

RCCL and Port of Brisbane are still trying to work out where she will dock. Apparently there is a tentative booking for Portside but its not final yet.

40 sleeps to go......................

Well, I have arrived home from my little jaunt into the Quay. I didn't end up walking around the to Opera House to get any shots, couldn't be bothered.:rolleyes:

I ended up at the Observation Deck at the OSPT. The last few passengers were boarding as I arrived (lucky b*****ds :p ).

The were about 30 or so people there, many having friends or family on the cruise. Though it seems everyone there had booked a cruise on her. Some are doing the cruise that departs on the 27th, and quite a few are doing the Sydney-Singapore leg.

She was due to depart @ 6.30pm, and just before 6, I could see people starting to make their way to dinner in the Eidleweiss Dining Room. I tried to get a shot of the tables all nicely made, though it wasn't a very good shot.:rolleyes:

There was an interesting mix of passengers on board. I say the average age would have been 55 from what I saw. There was a couple who cracked open a bottle of champagne on their balcony. I felt so happy for them.:)

I started to get excited at the prospect of cruising on her in 498 days!!:eek:

I'll post pictures probably tomorrow night.;)

Archived