Destiny 10/21 Sailing

eiger

:) Help! Everyone on these boards have been a great help on our past cruises, so I am hoping you can help again. My wife and I leave on the 10/21/07 Destiny. We booked this trip at the last minute last Sunday and we are quickly trying to get things together. Our current plans are to fly in Saturday afternoon and I have a reservation at the Sheraton Old San Juan ( a bit expensive, but location looks good). Our next dilema is shore excursions, we like to book with the cruise line, I prefer to not have any stress at all while on vacation and this gives me peace of mind. My wife likes to snorkel and would also love to whale watch, I love to be on vacation and just have a good time. Upon our return Sunday (10/28/07) we are looking for a nice beach resort because we don't leave until late Monday afternoon. Any suggestions on the above would be most appreciated. Thanking everyone in advance.

:) Help! Everyone on these boards have been a great help on our past cruises, so I am hoping you can help again. My wife and I leave on the 10/21/07 Destiny. We booked this trip at the last minute last Sunday and we are quickly trying to get things together. Our current plans are to fly in Saturday afternoon and I have a reservation at the Sheraton Old San Juan ( a bit expensive, but location looks good). Our next dilema is shore excursions, we like to book with the cruise line, I prefer to not have any stress at all while on vacation and this gives me peace of mind. My wife likes to snorkel and would also love to whale watch, I love to be on vacation and just have a good time. Upon our return Sunday (10/28/07) we are looking for a nice beach resort because we don't leave until late Monday afternoon. Any suggestions on the above would be most appreciated. Thanking everyone in advance.

I would highly recommend vising the Main Destiny Cruisers thread "Attn: Destiny Cruisers, Past and Future Post Here" for some great tips on this ship. Also, I understand your feelings on booking excursions with the ship, but I really recommend not doing so in Dominica of all the islands. Please choose a tour operator from the Ports of Call boards (I recommend Reyno Tours- reynotours@hotmail.com). You will get to see more of the island this way and avoid the long lines at the attractions as well as get to go to Mr. Nice's Fruit Stand (not to miss!)

I'd check into priceline and bid on the Intercontinental Hotel in Isla Verde for your post cruise stay. Very nice grounds and beach. Isla Verde is about 2-3 minutes from the airport as well.

Myself, DH, DD and SIL will be on the Destiny the same time you are. I booked all our tours indepently this time. We are going with Reyno in Dominica, COSOL in St. Lucia and Godfrey in St. Thomas. I had read a lot of reviews on the Port of Calls board and decided to go with these guys.

We will also be on the Destiny 10/21 and like you we are just doing ship excursions for the "no brainer" factor. We are big snorkel fans and will probably do that in each port. At St. Thomas we are just grabbing a cab to Coki Point. In Dominica we are doing the Catamaran Sail and Snorkle because I really want to snorkel Champaigne Reef. Barbados its the Champaign Sail and Snorkel which has generally received good reviews. St. Lucia we are thinking a day pass to a hotel and finally in Antigua the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel because it's just a short afternoon trip and quite frankly I'm sure we'll be exhausted by then. At any rate there is a thread for this sailing on the roll call board but it has been kind of slow.

Archived