Cruise Critic Parties

momthewriter

Hi,

I've had some trouble in the past regarding the Latitudes and Cruise Critic parties and get-togethers. I've often had to ask at the information desk for my invitation... any ideas for a sure-fire way to receive my invitations without asking?

Thanks!

One way to keep updated on the CC get togethers is to join the roll call for your dates and ship.Its a nice way to get acquainted with others going on your cruise and you will know if and when a meet and greet is scheduled. Don't know about the latitudes question,but the time and place should be in the freestyle daily.

Have a great trip!

Hi,

I've had some trouble in the past regarding the Latitudes and Cruise Critic parties and get-togethers. I've often had to ask at the information desk for my invitation... any ideas for a sure-fire way to receive my invitations without asking?

Thanks!

You should receive invitations in your cabin regarding the latitudes party. Check with the latitudes rep onboard when you first arrive to make sure you are listed as a latitudes member or call the latitudes at NCL home office before you sail.

CC parties are not organized by NCL. They are organized by the guests on the roll calls for each individual cruise. Sometimes they are arranged through NCL.

Hi,

Thanks!

The Latitudes information should be in your room or in the Freestyle Daily. As others have said, Cruise Critic gatherings are organized by Cruise Critic members and aren't officially sponsored by NCL. Cruise line response to the parties is varied. Sometimes the crew go out of their way for CC members and sometimes there's nothing extra done at all. NCL doesn't have a set thing they do because they don't have official parties for CC members.

For those of you who have attended meet n greets for the CC roll calls boards, was there anything fun and memorable about your gathering?

I am arranging our for our cruise in 2 weeks, but other than name tags, I am at loss for some ice-breakers, and fun stuff. Any ideas? There will be roughly 50 of us.

The Latitudes information should be in your room or in the Freestyle Daily. As others have said, Cruise Critic gatherings are organized by Cruise Critic members and aren't officially sponsored by NCL. Cruise line response to the parties is varied. Sometimes the crew go out of their way for CC members and sometimes there's nothing extra done at all. NCL doesn't have a set thing they do because they don't have official parties for CC members.

We just got back from Bermuda on the Majesty Sunday. NCL was as always for me extremely generous and helpful for our meet and greet. They gave us the House of Lords to meet in, along with cookies, coffe and tea. Since it was next to the Rendevous bar, some people showed up with drinks in hand. The hotel director Matt Penhale showed up along with the food and beverage manager (Errol Bailey), the cruise director (Suzy Atkins) and the group services coordinator (Rochelle Brown).

I was impressed that so many of the senior staff would take time from their busy schedule to attend our meeting, mixing and talking with the cruise critics members. About 20 people showed up, about half of what I expected. The seas were rough and a lot of people were not feeling well, so I am happy that 20 did show up. We all had an excellent time and can't thank NCL and its staff enough for their generousity.:)

At our latest M&G, we had a gift exchange - we brought something from our home state (less than $10) and exchanged with others in the group. And the CC member who arranged for the gathering, had door prizes. We came away with some awesome horseradish mustard and a Pearl coffee mug.

last year our roll call had about 6 families...at our little M&G, about 8 people showed up. just had a space for us, nothing special...no treats or crew members. this roll call of the next cruise is not vert active, to say the least. so far the M&G is going to be a "i'll be in the buffet area if anyone is interested". if you have an active roll call, you could be in for some fun! especially if anyone is going at organizing parties. but NCL doesn't do it, they could work with the roll call..but it's not NCL's party.

the invite to the latitude party will be in your cabin with all the other stuff in the welcome kit.

For those of you who have attended meet n greets for the CC roll calls boards, was there anything fun and memorable about your gathering?

I am arranging our for our cruise in 2 weeks, but other than name tags, I am at loss for some ice-breakers, and fun stuff. Any ideas? There will be roughly 50 of us.

I planned a CC party on my last cruise.....april of 07, 10 day exotic carrib. Well i purchased these crusie ship blinking pins for everyone...OMG did they go over real big. In fact 1/2 the ship were asking where they could buy them. They though we purchased them on the ship. The cool crew...lol were wearing the pins......at the shows at night, at the clubs...it was so funny, it was like a little club and everyone wanted to be part of it....I purchased the pins online, for a a small fee, and it was worth every penny....a fun memory, and a great great cruise.

ria

I planned a CC party on my last cruise.....april of 07, 10 day exotic carrib. Well i purchased these crusie ship blinking pins for everyone...OMG did they go over real big. In fact 1/2 the ship were asking where they could buy them. They though we purchased them on the ship. The cool crew...lol were wearing the pins......at the shows at night, at the clubs...it was so funny, it was like a little club and everyone wanted to be part of it....I purchased the pins online, for a a small fee, and it was worth every penny....a fun memory, and a great great cruise.

ria

Where on line did you get the pins? That would be perfect for my January cruise.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I setup the meet and greet on our last cruise in May. Since we were not leaving until 10pm I scheduled one for 4p and one right after the muster drill. Only two couples showed up for the 4 and around 20 for the later one. We met some really great people and on our excursion in St. Lucia, we had over 60 CCers. Can't wait for the next party!:D

ria

Hi I am coordinating a meet and greet and would love to get these pins for my group can you send an address thank you, Mary smdwade@aol.com

really appreciate you and your great idea.

We were on that cruise with Maria. Hey Maria!! The blinking ship pins were a HUGE hit...I still have mine, and believe it or not it still works!! She's right too, even the officers wore them..at least for a short time!!

If you're looking for an ice-breaker, they certainly filled the bill!!!:)

ria

I'd also like to know where you found the pins online. My email address is in my profile if you can't post it on here.

These blinking lights are great fun. DH & I have been passing them out on cruise ships for several years now -- but you do need to be aware that getting the magnets associated with these lights near your sign & sail card will demagnitize your card.

DH & I try very hard to remember this on each cruise but it never fails that at least one of us gets the magnet too close to our sign & sail card. Zap - the card is gone and we're on our way to guest relations or purser's desk to get a new sign & sail card.

Most often it happens in late evening when we've been wearing the pins or have a few in our pocket to pass out on the ship. Not a lot of fun going down to guest relations to get your sign & sail card replaced at 1 or 2 a.m. when all you really want to do is go to your cabin and crash!:D

Dianne

Archived