Please Help.. Pricline newbie

krznkim

Ok.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I need a room in Ft. Lauderdale 1-12-2008 - pre-cruise. I keep reading where people are getting good deals, and they don't accept my bid. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like a nicer room in a nicer area since it is my daughters and I only.. any suggestions????

first, have you read betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com?? they have great info there...

the time you are going seems to be very busy as i was looking at rooms around the same time.......

i eouldn't bid on anything under 3.5 stars in either the las olas/port everglades area or the beach area......

i am sure someone else will have more info...but i know that many people here have been looking for rooms around the time you are and things are VERY high......there will be many ships departing FLL in the winter and that tends to drive up rates, along with the snowbirds who want to get the heck out of the cold!

I would advise you to find a hotel that you are happy with and a reservation that you can cancel. And wait atleast a month until you start bidding on priceline. I don't think that the hotels have really started to release thier inventory yet for that date yet.

Until then...read up like Meg suggest.

my .02

Archived