All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

kruzkween your review states that Formal nights were MONDAY & THURSDAY and Lobster was served Fri. night.

Isn't Lobster usually served on the ast formal night?

When we cruised the montego bay, cozumel, etc itinerary, lobster night was not on the formal night either.

It seems that no one listens! Everyone seems to think the times for departure are posted for others and it won't hurt for them to head down early....only problem is that 700 other folks think the posted times are designed for others as well.

Since Voyager is based in Texas, maybe they will issue the crew cattle prods and the process will get much smoother. (Please, no replies about torture, I AM kidding):cool:

:D:D:D Got a good chuckle out of the cattle prods.

kruzkween your review states that Formal nights were MONDAY & THURSDAY and Lobster was served Fri. night.

Isn't Lobster usually served on the ast formal night?

We've always heard about Lobster on formal nights, but that's never been the case on our cruises. So far we've had it on non-formal nights every time.

This was our first cruise which lobster was served on a night other than formal night. But, hey...it's good any time!!!

This was our first cruise as Platinum members, and we attended the Platinum/Diamond luncheon in the Magic Flute dining room on Sat. They had a "set" menu (no choices) and they served surf 'n turf. I wondered if they did that because they had lobster left from Fri. night, or if this was the planned menu all along. At any rate, the food all week was really great; we had no complaints whatsoever about the food.

Isn't the Royal Promenade awesome!! Sometimes I'd just walk up & down it just to take in the "total experience". That sorta seemed like the "happenin' place" and I enjoyed just being a part of it every chance I got.

kruzkween

What is DP?

Debarkation Problems?

Dedicated Porters??

Dance Party???

so sorry about that. those of us that drink it know eactly what DP means.

But do they serve Diet Dr. Pepper????? That is a biggy for me:D :D

I hope so, but not holding my breath as Rhapsody & SPlendour did not. I always take my own, but did not on the ta. drank diet coke--YUCK to get my caffeine fix

This was our first cruise which lobster was served on a night other than formal night. But, hey...it's good any time!!!

This was our first cruise as Platinum members, and we attended the Platinum/Diamond luncheon in the Magic Flute dining room on Sat. They had a "set" menu (no choices) and they served surf 'n turf. I wondered if they did that because they had lobster left from Fri. night, or if this was the planned menu all along. At any rate, the food all week was really great; we had no complaints whatsoever about the food.

Isn't the Royal Promenade awesome!! Sometimes I'd just walk up & down it just to take in the "total experience". That sorta seemed like the "happenin' place" and I enjoyed just being a part of it every chance I got.

kruzkween

Have never been on a ship that had a luncheon for the Plat/D/D+ extra event. maybe that will happen on the Vision next month

Promenade is a cool place. Were the Christmas decorations still up? If not, WOW onthe huge tree & allof the poinsettias that were everywhere.

kruzkween

Thanks for the information on Lobster night. And yes the Promenade is awesome!

make em quick! We called as soon as we boarded (around 1pm) and our desired time slot was filled. We decided to ditch the first formal night and make that our Portofino night and it was a brilliant idea! There were only 3 other tables seated at 6pm, so it felt like a private dining experience.

Was it the best dining experience I have ever had? No. Was it better than the dining room? Yes!!! The service was impeccable and it was great to do something different. I would definitely do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone -

I've been on one cruise before but this will be my husbands first. I went on the Carnival Fantasy (cheap, horrible experience), but I'm hoping to step it up a notch with RCCL on the Voyager.

My husband and I just booked our spot on the RC Voyager out of Galveston for March 9, 2008. The ports are Cozumel, Roatan and Progresso. A few questions for anyone who may have been on this route before.

1. Does anyone have suggestions for great excursions?

2. Are there cover charges at the restaurants like NCL has?

3. What is the generally accepted attire in the dining room on non-formal nights? How about formal nights? (Husband hates dressing up, so this is a big issue for us.)

4. Does anyone know where I can find a list of spa prices?

5. Ship is scheduled to arrive back in Galveston at 7am. How much time does debarkation take - I'm looking to find out how early of a flight we can get headed home.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey everyone -

1. Does anyone have suggestions for great excursions?

2. Are there cover charges at the restaurants like NCL has?

3. What is the generally accepted attire in the dining room on non-formal nights? How about formal nights? (Husband hates dressing up, so this is a big issue for us.)

4. Does anyone know where I can find a list of spa prices?

5. Ship is scheduled to arrive back in Galveston at 7am. How much time does debarkation take - I'm looking to find out how early of a flight we can get headed home.

Hey, Mellie! I can answer a few of your questions.

1. Out of those three ports, I've only been to Cozumel. You can take a taxi to Chakannaab (sp?) on your own and spend the day on the beach. It is park/beach area and has a snack bar/restaurant. You used to be able to swim with the dolphins there. Not sure if that's still an option. You might want to look on the port of call boards, too.

2. I know Johnny Rockets and Portofino are extra.

3. Formal nights - you'll see tuxedos and formal evening gowns. But suits and a nice cocktail dress will be fine. Other nights, anything except shorts or jeans. (Some people will say jeans are fine, though.)

4. Nope, sorry.

5. Yikes, that's always iffy. Personally, I wouldn't book a flight any earlier than late afternoon.

Hope this helps a little!!

I have scanned the week's Cruise Compasses from our Jan. 13-20 cruise. Answers to some of these questions are in that.

The daily Compasses are all in one continuous PDF file that is too large to be attached here. If you would like a copy, you can e-mail me at enstedda at aol dot com and I will send it to you.

Hope this helps....:)

Hey everyone -

I've been on one cruise before but this will be my husbands first. I went on the Carnival Fantasy (cheap, horrible experience), but I'm hoping to step it up a notch with RCCL on the Voyager.

My husband and I just booked our spot on the RC Voyager out of Galveston for March 9, 2008. The ports are Cozumel, Roatan and Progresso. A few questions for anyone who may have been on this route before.

1. Does anyone have suggestions for great excursions? In Roatan, I Victor Bodden is HIGHLY recommended by lots of people. VictorBoddenTours.com. You can choose one of his tours or customize your own. I suggest you spend some time on the Ports of Call board for these three ports to see what all there is to do. There are many recommended tours on that board.

2. Are there cover charges at the restaurants like NCL has? Johnny Rockets is $3.95 for all you can eat burgers, dogs, fries, onion rings. Drinks are extra. Portofinos is $20 pp.

3. What is the generally accepted attire in the dining room on non-formal nights? How about formal nights? (Husband hates dressing up, so this is a big issue for us.) Dining room attire is "Smart Casual". Slacks and a shirt with a collar are fine for men, for women, anything from a casual dress, slacks, capris. No jeans, shorts or T-shirts. Formal nights most men wear a suit, although you will see some tuxes. Women, again anything from long gowns to church dress.

4. Does anyone know where I can find a list of spa prices? Have you done a search on the Royal Caribbean thread?

5. Ship is scheduled to arrive back in Galveston at 7am. How much time does debarkation take - I'm looking to find out how early of a flight we can get headed home. That's hard to say since just about all the Voyager cruises out of Galveston so far have been delayed for one reason or another. It also depends on your situation.... do you have a flight scheduled through RCCL? Will you be using their Express Debarkation (where you take your own luggage off?) Most likely, since this is your first RCCL cruise, you have no priority, and if you don't have a flight booked through them, you'll be one of the later ones to get off. IF the ship arrives at 7:00, and all goes well, it'll probably clear customs about 8:00, and I would guess you'd probably be off by 10:00 - 10:30. Again, though, there are a lot of ifs and guesses there! Depending on which airport you're flying out of, it could take you up to an hour and a half to get to the airport, so to be safe, you probably wouldn't want to have a flight scheduled any earlier than 2:00 or 3:00.

Hi, Millie and welcome to RCCL. You'll love it.

I've placed my answers above with your questions.

My apologies if this has been covered somehwere in the previous 24 pages, however, at the speed these are runninhg of late I could be here for hours trying to scroll through this.

Question: How much if at all are the lifeboats noticeable from the balconies on the cabins on deck 6. It appears that the lifeboats are hung up on deck 5 and I am looking at a cabin that would be over the lifeboat area.

Thanks

My apologies if this has been covered somehwere in the previous 24 pages, however, at the speed these are runninhg of late I could be here for hours trying to scroll through this.

Question: How much if at all are the lifeboats noticeable from the balconies on the cabins on deck 6. It appears that the lifeboats are hung up on deck 5 and I am looking at a cabin that would be over the lifeboat area.

Thanks

The lifeboats on Voyager class actually retract into the space over deck 5/under deck 6. They wont interfere with your view. If you look straight down from your balcony rail you will be able to just see their outside edges.

I plan to bring my laptop and was wondering if anyone knew the pricing on Voyager for internet access. Also, is it possible to get wireless in the staterooms.

Appreciate the help. Cheers - Slim

We just got back last Sunday and I shared wireless minutes with our friends that brought their laptop. I think the price was $55 for 150 minutes and we could get wireless in her stateroom only if we sat on the bed next to the sliding glass door. Could not pick it up in any other part of the room. We were in a balcony stateroom on the 8th deck.

Archived