All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

We just got back last Sunday and I shared wireless minutes with our friends that brought their laptop. I think the price was $55 for 150 minutes and we could get wireless in her stateroom only if we sat on the bed next to the sliding glass door. Could not pick it up in any other part of the room. We were in a balcony stateroom on the 8th deck.

Starboard side or port side? How was the download speed? Thanks!

We were portside room 8638. I thought the speed was just fine maybe once or twice it seemed a little slow. All I did was check emails from home basically. My friend had to check her emails from work and spent a little more time on it than me but I didn't really hear her ever complain. Other than having to move to the bed, but since we weren't really suppose to be able to pick it up in the room it was just a bonus I thought. I was glad we didn't have to take it to the public areas to use it. So try different areas of your room.

We were portside room 8638. I thought the speed was just fine maybe once or twice it seemed a little slow. All I did was check emails from home basically. My friend had to check her emails from work and spent a little more time on it than me but I didn't really hear her ever complain. Other than having to move to the bed, but since we weren't really suppose to be able to pick it up in the room it was just a bonus I thought. I was glad we didn't have to take it to the public areas to use it. So try different areas of your room.

Thanks for the information! We are in 8320 starboard (on the hump)...will give it a try:p If it works that will be a nice extra...I was teasing the girls at work that I was going to send pictures to them;)

Thanks for the information! We are in 8320 starboard (on the hump)...will give it a try:p If it works that will be a nice extra...I was teasing the girls at work that I was going to send pictures to them;)

We love the hump! :D

We're going to be in 8638 and 8636 March 16th. We wanted adjoining cabins, but I booked too late (August 2007 and they were already out of adjoining cabins...ugh). I hope the cabin is okay.......I've heard they are pretty small. What did you think?

Thanks a lot for the info....I am in a balcony cabin so I'll give it a shot.

On another note...does anyone know the buy in for the Texas Hold Em' Tournament? I heard they have one on the first night out and another on the last night of the cruise.

Hey everyone -

I've been on one cruise before but this will be my husbands first. I went on the Carnival Fantasy (cheap, horrible experience), but I'm hoping to step it up a notch with RCCL on the Voyager.

My husband and I just booked our spot on the RC Voyager out of Galveston for March 9, 2008. The ports are Cozumel, Roatan and Progresso. A few questions for anyone who may have been on this route before.

1. Does anyone have suggestions for great excursions?

2. Are there cover charges at the restaurants like NCL has?

3. What is the generally accepted attire in the dining room on non-formal nights? How about formal nights? (Husband hates dressing up, so this is a big issue for us.)

4. Does anyone know where I can find a list of spa prices?

5. Ship is scheduled to arrive back in Galveston at 7am. How much time does debarkation take - I'm looking to find out how early of a flight we can get headed home.

Thanks in advance for the help!

We booked with Victor Bodden in Roatan for our tour. It was great. He and his crew were at the dock when we got off the ship and took us on a fun filled day in Roatan. The cost was $25 pp. We went to Fantasy Island, Iguana Farm (so cool), shipwreck, and lunch on the beach. A few in our group went on a zip line for 45 pp and some snorkeled for 15pp.

Debarkation can be a tedious process. I hope that RCCL gets that part of the cruise under control.

We're going to be in 8638 and 8636 March 16th. We wanted adjoining cabins, but I booked too late (August 2007 and they were already out of adjoining cabins...ugh). I hope the cabin is okay.......I've heard they are pretty small. What did you think?

I thought the rooms were just fine. They are skinny but long. We had plenty of drawer space around the vanity/desk area plus a small couch which always loaded up with stuff when we came back to the room. The closet was big with plenty of room to hang your stuff plus racks up the side to place all your shoes and stuff. I took several extra hangers so I was able to hang up all my clothes. Suitcases easily fit under the bed. Usually our room was only messy when we were just to tired or lazy to put our things away. But I figured that is what vacation was for! I have a coupld of pictures that I may to try and post later tonight. Cabin 8640 is actually the door that is right next to 8638 and 8636 is down a bit but you will have the thinner divider out on the balcony which you can't open but easily look over at the people next to you and talk.

Tracey -- We've stayed in D balcony cabins a couple times. I think you'll be fine as far as space, but it's a bit of a shock at first.:eek: Both times we were in a D we had been in a mini suite on Princess right before, so the first couple hours felt confining, but we adjusted. We didn't spend as much time in the cabin on those cruises as we normally do since we were with family and my mom had a suite we used as the "party room."

My biggest beef with the non-suite balcony cabins is the bed is by the sliding glass door, not the sofa. I prefer the living area by the balcony. Boy, does that sound whiny!:p I guess if the location of a sofa on a cruise ship is my biggest problem today I'm in pretty good shape!:D

great review!! I was on this sailing as well and had an amazing time!!

Don't know whether you are still around or not....has nothing to do with this cruise, but how did you get your countdown clock in your signature? I went to myspace, copied down everything and it said it wouldn't work.

Sorry for the interruption.

We had this cabin on the 27 Jan sailing. It is next to a housekeeping station. Very noisy sometimes. Other than that we liked it. Fabulous stateroom attendant. Aurora. Very visable and attentive.

Downside to this cruise was the Loyality Ambassador. I made two appointments with her. She did not show for either one. There was someone else there at the desk, but could not answer my question regarding the next cruise program. Didn't even have a form for me to fill out and place a deposit on the first appt. Next appt. Still didn't have the answer to my question regarding the family coupon available to next cruise purchasers. He finally copied a form for ME to fill out and return.

I did just that and personally handed it to him. I never got my reservation confirmation or the family coupon in my stateroom as he said I would. It was not charged on my SeaPass or my credit card. Guess I won't get my onboard credit. Calls to Crown and Anchor not very helpful.

Cabin Information on JS 9614: The usual double desk/vanity is not available because of the connecting door. The closet is a very large walk in. I actually changed in the closet when we had guests in the cabin. :rolleyes:

The balcony is divided on both sides by steel and therefore there is no option to connect the balconies. The door between the cabins is right beside the balconey door.

The balcony has two chairs and table and a lounge chair. There is room for two or three with no crowding or stepping over to get into and out of the cabin.

There is absolutely NO noise because of the elevators. The deck plan doesn't show the wall between the cabin hallway and the elevators.

The concierge lounge is very close and makes morning treats a quick and easy trip.

Enjoyed the location. Bonus: the life boat station is right by the doors on deck four :p It's the little things that make life so much fun.

We were in 7640 on the 1/27 cruise - just 1 cabin to the side and beneath you. Those cabins at that time were booked by a large wedding group, and we talked with the father of the groom who was in your cabin by simply looking up. The balconies have a slightly angled-out upper 1/3 which made chatting between balconies easy since most people were leaning on the railing anyway. Assuming you're also in a D-2, the cabin dimensions are 8.5 x 21 feet. The balcony 8.5 x maybe 3', with 2 chairs and a small table. My previous cabin on HAL was slightly larger than a Junior Suite on VOS and I was afraid it might seem small, but it was okay. The bathroom is small, but big enough - for one anyway. As stated, there are plenty of drawers, the hairdryer is awkward but okay. Closet good sized. My daughter created a small private changing space by opening a closet door and the bathroom door.

You can see photos of Cabin 7640 here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/562435773qNVebF

I'm already ready to go back!

Linda

Tracey -- We've stayed in D balcony cabins a couple times. I think you'll be fine as far as space, but it's a bit of a shock at first.:eek: Both times we were in a D we had been in a mini suite on Princess right before, so the first couple hours felt confining, but we adjusted. We didn't spend as much time in the cabin on those cruises as we normally do since we were with family and my mom had a suite we used as the "party room."

My biggest beef with the non-suite balcony cabins is the bed is by the sliding glass door, not the sofa. I prefer the living area by the balcony. Boy, does that sound whiny!:p I guess if the location of a sofa on a cruise ship is my biggest problem today I'm in pretty good shape!:D

Hey Cindy! I am so behind checking all the threads I've asked questions on...I didn't see this one before. Thanks for giving me the info on the D cabins....I guess it all worked out!;) See ya on our roll call!

Had great fun on Rhapsody 2 years ago . Met some great Texans .Hope to meet as many on our Transatlantic cruise April 27th

Anybody ever do a transat ?

What can we expect as far as calm or not calm seas ?

Weather

Entertainment during crossing

All info appreciated .....

Sailing on VOS on 4/20 with family. We have 3 rooms on deck 8 all next to each other but not adjoining.

Does anyone have info on 8656? Never sailed on RCCL before - our last cruise was a suite on Carnival so room was really big. I know it won't be the same size but just looking for info on the room.

Thanks

We were in 7640 on the 1/27 cruise - just 1 cabin to the side and beneath you. Those cabins at that time were booked by a large wedding group, and we talked with the father of the groom who was in your cabin by simply looking up. The balconies have a slightly angled-out upper 1/3 which made chatting between balconies easy since most people were leaning on the railing anyway. Assuming you're also in a D-2, the cabin dimensions are 8.5 x 21 feet. The balcony 8.5 x maybe 3', with 2 chairs and a small table. My previous cabin on HAL was slightly larger than a Junior Suite on VOS and I was afraid it might seem small, but it was okay. The bathroom is small, but big enough - for one anyway. As stated, there are plenty of drawers, the hairdryer is awkward but okay. Closet good sized. My daughter created a small private changing space by opening a closet door and the bathroom door.

You can see photos of Cabin 7640 here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/562435773qNVebF

I'm already ready to go back!

Linda

Linda...thanks for the info and the photos!! They were great!

Debarkation can be a tedious process. I hope that RCCL gets that part of the cruise under control.

We just got back a week ago (2/10) and we "self-debarked" (carried our own luggage) and we were out in 15 minutes, if that.

For Chris2597:

1. Does anyone have suggestions for great excursions? I can speak only to Cozumel, but we did the Royal Dolphin Swim at through dolphindiscovery.com. After a fabulous time, we went snorkeling down the beach--all of this at Chankaanaab Park. We rented snorkel equipment for $10pp and they threw in the lifevests for free, since we'd walked down the beach to them.

2. Are there cover charges at the restaurants like NCL has? For Johnny Rockets and Portofino's, there are cover charges--like ~$4 & ~$20pp, respectively.

3. What is the generally accepted attire in the dining room on non-formal nights? How about formal nights? (Husband hates dressing up, so this is a big issue for us.) They don't allow shorts in the dining room, but on casual nights they do allow jeans. For smart casual, DH wore Dockers & a short sleeve shirt; my boys wore casual slacks like Dockers & a polo-type shirt. I wore somewhat dressier capris & a top. Formal nights brought out a range--most folks were dressed up in formal wear...I found two dresses at Ann Taylor Loft Outlet; DH wore a suit, and sons (14 & 10) wore Docker-like slacks & a button up shirt. My in-laws didn't want to come on this cruise with us because of formal night; now that I've been, we've told them that they could wear church clothes to formal night & be relatively okay.

4. Does anyone know where I can find a list of spa prices? They vary, getting cheaper on the days that you're in port. I didn't do any, but I do remember looking at the prices & thinking that they were about 20-30% more than what I'd pay at home for a massage or facial...Sorry, can't be of more help than that.

5. Ship is scheduled to arrive back in Galveston at 7am. How much time does debarkation take - I'm looking to find out how early of a flight we can get headed home. See my comment above. Self-debark if you can. They'll let you do it if you have no more than 2 pieces of luggage per person.

Hello everyone,

Is anyone going scuba diving in Roatan on Feb 27th port day? I want to book through a company directly and not RCI. The online times for RCI are get into port at 9 am excursion begins at 7:45 am. I am a little puzzled at this. Anyway, please chime in. Thanks.

Archived