All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

My wife and I have just returned (yesterday) from our first ever cruise on Voyager (west med). Voyager was great and we've already booked for next year. Food was good, service pretty good, our JS cabin brilliant, weather fantastic.

I understand that they have dropped Sicily next year, with Marseille in France in its place. I found Palermo a bit of a dump to be honest, so no surprise they've amended the itinerary.

If anyone has any specific questions about Voyager or the ports of call just post a reply.

My wife and I have just returned (yesterday) from our first ever cruise on Voyager (west med). Voyager was great and we've already booked for next year. Food was good, service pretty good, our JS cabin brilliant, weather fantastic.

I understand that they have dropped Sicily next year, with Marseille in France in its place. I found Palermo a bit of a dump to be honest, so no surprise they've amended the itinerary.

If anyone has any specific questions about Voyager or the ports of call just post a reply.

Can anyone tell me when the formal nights are on the Voyager?

thanks, Joyce

Just a note to all us Voyager fans.....

The voyager-class.com site is currently down but the main website is still available. He has lots (and I mean lots) of pictures of the entire ship. The ones of the crew areas and of the bridge are really interesting and I have never seen pictures of these areas anywhere else.

http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/

Interesting pix. I couldnt remember if there was a curtain between the sitting area and the bed area, there is in your pix :)

I loved this ship too, tied with Caribbean Princess as my favorite ships to date.

Hi all,

I just returned as well and have copies of the compasses [except day 1]. If you want them let me know and I will email them to you. I also posted this on the Europe board.

:D

I have Compasses from the Coz, Roatan, Progreso itin out of Galveston, if anyone would like those (Progreso is no longer on the itin...Costa Maya is back on). Send me an e-mail at endtedda@aol.com if you would like a copy.

anyone heard any word on what the Voyager will do if Galveston is not ready come Mid Dec.? That is only 2.5 months away. Not sure if Bayport can handle two ships at the same time. Conquest is using it now on Sundays. Some people that have inspected the doc's are saying Galveston will not be ready for cruise ships until next year.

anyone heard any word on what the Voyager will do if Galveston is not ready come Mid Dec.? That is only 2.5 months away. Not sure if Bayport can handle two ships at the same time. Conquest is using it now on Sundays. Some people that have inspected the doc's are saying Galveston will not be ready for cruise ships until next year.

The Port officials say that they will be back open for cruise business 10/01. They are in a big hurry to get back in operation so they do not lose too much business to Bayport. I think the real problem for VOS cruisers will not be the terminal, but other facilities nearby that have been favorite places to stay, eat, or visit during pre-cruise time. This may require some flexible pre-cruise planning.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what is the white space in the middle towards the aft of the Voyager--it seems to be on all decks--like on deck 10 it is in front of cabins 1360-1368 and 1660-1668.

I believe those a crew access areas for service elevators, housekeeping carts, etc.

The Port officials say that they will be back open for cruise business 10/01. They are in a big hurry to get back in operation so they do not lose too much business to Bayport. I think the real problem for VOS cruisers will not be the terminal, but other facilities nearby that have been favorite places to stay, eat, or visit during pre-cruise time. This may require some flexible pre-cruise planning.

Host Mach who is following the progress closely said there needs to be some dredging of silt in the cannel before the port can reopen. Until the dredging starts, the port wouldnt be open, even if the hotels are open.

I would love any compasses from the Galveston-Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya/Progresso sailings. I will be on the VOS in April and can't wait!!!! email lil_ladybugus at yahoo.com

They are flying through cyberspace at this very moment.....hope you get them soon. They are HUGE!

HI,

We have cruised before , but never on RC. I would love the Compass for Voyager. We will be cruising next April on the Coz., Grand Cayman, Jamaica run.

Email is:

Tjwcs@aol.com

Thanks ALOT! I love all the information on this board.

Teena:)

We are doing that itinerary again on Feb 1. I will scan the Compasses and send them to you.....hopefully, you will remind me again after about Feb 10. E-mail me at enstedda@aol.com

This article about local cruise ships was in the Houston Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/travel/cruises/4578966.html

Archived