All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

Hey Brenda - We're gonna miss you girls on the Voyager TA this year. Thought you might make it. We couldn't pass it up since the price was so low.

hey Sandy. nope, we did the jewel and htat was our TA for the year AND we are doing a quickie in Nov to help our cruising buddy Cindy get to be D before her honeymoon cruise. I keep watchng the prices go down on this one tho, but we were BAD BAD BAD & have 7 booked :eek: over the next 18 months. I have to say that I learned that I like the warmer climates better. Glad to see that you guys will/should be coming into Galveston. There were several folks on the Jewel that are also on your TA and Ike hit while we were crossing & so they were wondering what would happen.

hope to cruise with you guys again some day. unfortunately it will not be this one

I have Compasses from the Coz, Roatan, Progreso itin out of Galveston, if anyone would like those (Progreso is no longer on the itin...Costa Maya is back on). Send me an e-mail at endtedda@aol.com if you would like a copy.

Maybe I can't spell because enstedda@aol.com didn't work for me either. I am at josetteatjemenfousdotcom. Thanks

I think we have not been on the VOS since 2001 .... but we are really looking forward to the 7 day italy and then staying on for the 15 night transatlantic,one mth from now!!!

This thread brings me there...thank you.:)

Have you joined the Roll Calls for these two cruises? There is a link in my sig to each of the Roll Calls if you would like to see what our CCers have been planning. There are a lot of us going 2B. Please join the chats. :)

• 1 month later...

Howdy all! I just wanted to say thanks for this thread... I think DS and I are going to try out the Voyager next January ('10) and this thread has been so helpful.

I decided to go back to school a few years ago to finish my degree (You know, in all that spare time I have between working fulltime and being a single mom, LOL) and I *finally* graduate next December, so the cruise is my "yay me!" present. :-)

We usually cruise Disney, but they have priced themselves right out of my budget. Plus, the Galveston terminal is little more than 20 minutes or so from my house.

I just am overwhelmed at this point... I can't figure out the best cabin to book, or even when we should go. I was shooting for late January/early February, but then I read about cruises at that time having maybe 50 kids or so... I don't want my son to be bored, but I also don't want to go at Spring Break! (For reference, my son will be turning 14 at that point)

I want to book soon to get the best rates and choices, but wow am I confused... But already excited! The ship looks beautiful!

Thanks for listening to me ramble. :-)

-gina-

Howdy all! I just wanted to say thanks for this thread... I think DS and I are going to try out the Voyager next January ('10) and this thread has been so helpful.

I decided to go back to school a few years ago to finish my degree (You know, in all that spare time I have between working fulltime and being a single mom, LOL) and I *finally* graduate next December, so the cruise is my "yay me!" present. :-)

We usually cruise Disney, but they have priced themselves right out of my budget. Plus, the Galveston terminal is little more than 20 minutes or so from my house.

I just am overwhelmed at this point... I can't figure out the best cabin to book, or even when we should go. I was shooting for late January/early February, but then I read about cruises at that time having maybe 50 kids or so... I don't want my son to be bored, but I also don't want to go at Spring Break! (For reference, my son will be turning 14 at that point)

I want to book soon to get the best rates and choices, but wow am I confused... But already excited! The ship looks beautiful!

Thanks for listening to me ramble. :-)

-gina-

Wow! Congrats on being a single mom who is working and going to school.....I did the same and it was REALLY tough! I gave myself a Seadoo Jet Ski as a graduation present.....should have taken up cruising!!! Well, maybe not.....met DH on the water, so I guess the jet ski wasn't such a bad idea after all!!!

Crazy: congrats!

As for which cabin, as a newbie to RCCL, I recommend one thing. Book a balcony guarantee. Start watching the sailing you want about 3 months away from sailing for the guarantee. We did this for our Jan. 11th sailing and were assigned a D1, the biggest balcony on the ship for $699 pp. A great savings as our original booking was costing $899 pp and was a smaller balcony. But you have to check the pricing every night to catch the lowest fare, or have your TA on the job. But your chances of finding it are better since you have more time to check it. Now, having said this, there is a possibility you'll get assigned an E1 or 2, which is the smaller cabin, however, it's still saving you hundreds and getting you a balony. I will continue this strategy in our future booking. You can wait to book or book now, either way, and then switch to the guarantee when it becomes available. This is really the best value if you're not that picky about cabin location. Enjoy!

I've done three trans-Atlantics on the Voyager and enjoyed each one. A couple of "hints." Take a thermo six-pack cooler and have your room steward keep it filled with ice. I keep ours in the shower as they tend to "sweat." The ice buckets hold enough ice for two glasses of ice water if you get to it before it melts. Now, this is not all bad because on our last cruise (finished last week) the tap water was so hot coming out of the faucet in the bathroom that I could use it to brew my hot tea in the morning (lol). If you turned it to cold and let it run for awhile, it does get cool. The melted water in the ice bucket was good for taking a pill if you were in a hurry.

Tucker in Texas

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived