Cruise Critic Sign on your Stateroom Door??

mikjr

Just curious... before I joined the board, I would see signs on stateroom boards that said "Cruise Critic" Member. Now that I've been hanging around for a few months... I have gotten to know what "Cruise Critic" is all about. My questions are:

Does the ship post that sign as a courtesy, or is it something that the CC member places on their own door??

Does anyone feel that the Cruise Critic sign on the door gets you better or more attentive service from the room attendent?

Do the CC members have meetings or functions on the cruise?

For our cruise on the Royal one of our fellow travelers designed a door sign that is based on the one linked above. Each is personalized containing the name(s) of the cruiser(s) and a CC member name. I have printed mine.

I don't expect any different treatment by the cabin steward.

As to a get together, as far as I know it is up to one of the cruisers to plan a get it. One person has organized a dinner the night before the cruise for 14 of us who will be in Venice one or more nights prior to sailing. Another person has suggested a time and place for us all to meet up.

Someone on our roll call has always put the sign together for our cruises. Then she/he will personalize them for anyone who wants one to put on their stateroom door.

No special attention is given to it by the cruise line or cabin steward. It is just a way to identify your stateroom, and alert others in the group where you are located.

It depends on the ship and the CD if the cruise line throws a CC party or if you just make arrangements privately. Usually, if the group is big enough, say 75-100+, the cruise line might supply a few things for the get-together.

It's also an easy way to identify your room late at night when you are making your way back to your cabin.

My husband also made a Word document template for name badges if anyone is interested in that.

Happy Sailings..........:D

Maybe this question is way out in right field - certainly wouldn't be the first time for me. Are you ever bothered by folks who think you are complaint headquarters? "Oh, look,this person is a critic of cruising - let's complain to them" sort of thing? Just wondering as I know that frequently get togethers on the ship are joined by folks other than the ones here.

Charlie

Maybe this question is way out in right field - certainly wouldn't be the first time for me. Are you ever bothered by folks who think you are complaint headquarters? "Oh, look,this person is a critic of cruising - let's complain to them" sort of thing? Just wondering as I know that frequently get togethers on the ship are joined by folks other than the ones here.

Charlie

Simply tell them to visit www.cruisecritic.com if they want to place a complaint.:D

We've had signs on our door several times--YES--you need to put your own sign on your door--there are various products for making them stay put--some blue gunk, I think--teachers are always good at this--I just go along with whatever the rest thinks is good.

Nancy:D

You should be able to keep a sign in place with magnets, since the doors are metal.

I always take a few small magnets along to put the itinerary on the wall of the cabin, which is also metal. It's handy for ready reference, especially on a cruise with a lot of ports. They also can be used to hold notes to your cabin mate if you are going to separate activities, such as a time and place to meet for lunch.

I used to put Cruise Critic magnets on our door but they always were stolen - so now, nothing.

I've had the same thing happen which is just so disappointing. I've printed my signs on the magnetic paper and just slapped them up, very easy.

I used to put Cruise Critic magnets on our door but they always were stolen - so now, nothing.

He he... Same here (the stolen part anyway).

On my Adventure of the Seas cruise it got solen on the last evening but not on Princess. Now I just ordered 5 of them (they are so cheap and it's fun) and that should last a bit.

I think CC should consider giving them out for free if you send a SASE. Great marketing tool...

Wether or not they "get you better service"? I don't know. I'd like to think I'm getting the same. But both on the AOS and then on the CB I had my laptop set up in my cabin and it was obvious I was writing in my reviews daily...

Archived