House rental vs Hotel

shmoggy

We are planning to stay in Puerto Rico for 3 days post cruise, and with hotels seeming so expensive for such a small space I decided to check out renting a house. I found a website that lists such rentals that seems pretty legit. I was wondering if anyone else has gone this route instead of staying in a hotel? I think it would be so much fun to have a house just for our family, big and private and cheaper than a hotel. I'd love to hear other's opinions or experiences with this. Not sure if I can post the name of the website or not, but I got the recommendation from another post on this board.

Thanks,

Ginger

If you are referring to the website starting with cyb----- then we have used them before...... we have not had any problems with them and all our experiences have been smooth with no problems at all.

It is definatley a viable alternative to hotels..... we like the privacy and the amenities....

Is there a reason you can't put the website on these boards? I think that would be an awesome way to go. Unfortunately we usually spend only one night pre-cruise and I doubt we could rent a house for one night. We'd love it as there are 12 in our group this year!

I had checked out cyberrentals.com and some of them do rent their condo's for one night, you just have to look and email the owners, I had a reply from one that she would prefer to rent it for a week but if it wasn't rented then she would happily rent it to us for one night.Also you could check out time share rentals (google it) I forget the website.

Is there a reason you can't put the website on these boards? I think that would be an awesome way to go. Unfortunately we usually spend only one night pre-cruise and I doubt we could rent a house for one night. We'd love it as there are 12 in our group this year!

I don't know of any reason why I couldn't post the site on this board, but some boards I post on don't allow you to post websites, so I didn't want to inadvertantly break any rules.

Ginger

I don't know of any reason why I couldn't post the site on this board, but some boards I post on don't allow you to post websites, so I didn't want to inadvertantly break any rules.Ginger

Me neither :)

W8ing..... you should check it out.... with 12 people that is the way to go

Just an update from the OP. I did end up renting a condo for 3 days in Puerto Rico. Our trip isn't until April but the person I rented from seems legit and like they have everything squared away. What a great alternative to hotel rooms! From my experience thus far, I would definitely recommend cyberrentals.com!

Thanks!

Ginger

Archived