We sail in less then three weeks, when to expect paperwork?

panathrasher

My H and I sail on our first cruise in 19 days to the Mexican Riviera. I was wondering, when should we receive our folder from Carnival with our documents and cruise information? I am getting a little nervous about it but before I call our TA I thought I would find out if we should have already received it or if we can expect it closer to our sail date. Thanks in advance.

My H and I sail on our first cruise in 19 days to the Mexican Riviera. I was wondering, when should we receive our folder from Carnival with our documents and cruise information? I am getting a little nervous about it but before I call our TA I thought I would find out if we should have already received it or if we can expect it closer to our sail date. Thanks in advance.

As long as you checked paper docs, they should arrive any day now. Normally they are sent out around 30 days before sailing.

Our cruise agent said the Carnival went all electronic 2 months ago and after you fill out the registration info on carnivals site and print your "fun pass" your done.

You still have an option of paper or edocs.....your TA just doesnt want to deal with mailing you the docs.

Phylew,

I heard they are supposed to send a folder that tells you your seating assignments, ship layout, etc. Do you not get that anymore?

Your dining time and table number will be on your sail and sign card which you will receive when your check in at the terminal.

What about other information, online I can view and print our boarding passes and view our extersions, but I feel odd that we have not received any confirmation about the trip.

What you see on edocs is the same as what they would send you in the mail. Well... actually you see more with the edocs. Paper docs wouldnt list your excursions. You can just call your TA and find out when/if your docs will be mailed.

Yeah, my husband is going to call today. What abut luggage tags, we are not flying, can you just get them at the port or can you bring your own?

Is there a folder with ship information in your room when you check in, such as hours or certain locartion, class times (like yoga), store hours, etc? or can you get that online also?

We're sailing on Nov 4th and we got our docs today (doing the doc dance!). We got luggage tags, our insurance info pamphlet and the usual welcome aboard stuff. Kurbanfan is correct, dining info is on your sign and sail card. I think I got an email from my vacation planner after I made the final payment and they asked if I wanted paper docs or edocs. I said paper because I just enjoy receiving them:p . And you can get luggage tags at the port, no problem. Hope you get to do the dance soon!

Cheryl

I filled out my Fun Pass and other docs on Carnival's website and printed everything out at home. You don't have to wait for them to come in the mail.

Just be sure if you use a black & white printer at home that you go somewhere (maybe at work?) that has a color option to print out your luggage tags. I think they need to be in color. I printed my luggage tags out on the color printer at my college library.

Phylew,

I heard they are supposed to send a folder that tells you your seating assignments, ship layout, etc. Do you not get that anymore?

That information is all included in the docs that you can print out. Well, maybe not the ship's layout, but you can look at that and print that out from elsewhere on the Carnival website.

But, your stateroom #, your luggage tags, your Fun Pass, and your (unofficial) seating assignment (cause that's not definite till you actually board) are in those docs.

Print them out and forget your stress! :D

So either way I can get the info, if they don't send them in the mail I can still get them online, so no need to worry!!! Thanks everyone, I feel so much better. Like I told my husband - it's a vacation, so we have to forget our worries and just have a good time!

I sure did - about a month ago. I wasn't expecting to receive the e-docs so soon. So thats why I'm over the moon right now.

Yes, you can always access edocs after making final payment. Most people wait until the final payment due date to pay the remaining balance.

What about other information, online I can view and print our boarding passes and view our extersions, but I feel odd that we have not received any confirmation about the trip.

Your last sentence is kind of troublesome. Are you saying that you dont even have a booking number from your TA?

I think you also might be a little confused. You either need to be getting edocs or a hard copy. Your TA will be able to tell you which you have. Please have your husband call them immediately and find out what is what.

When you say you havent gotten a confirmation that is just not right. Every single time I changed anything I got an updated booking sheet from my TA. That includes payments that I made. I also changed cabins at the last minute and upgraded and got a changed sheet for that.

I dont mean to scare you but we all remember that woman on here a couple of weeks ago saying her and her whole family paid for a cruise something like 10 cabins and they did not get them bc their TA stole their money and never booked the cabins. She was extremely upset.

marvlgrl is right - everytime there is a change made you get a hard copy in the mail (atleast I did) as well as being able to view it online almost within minutes thru your booking number. I don't mean to scare you but I would be pretty freaked out by now, maybe it's just an oversight but don't waste anytime. Go to your TA and get some answers. :confused:

Your last sentence is kind of troublesome. Are you saying that you dont even have a booking number from your TA?

I think you also might be a little confused. You either need to be getting edocs or a hard copy. Your TA will be able to tell you which you have. Please have your husband call them immediately and find out what is what.

When you say you havent gotten a confirmation that is just not right. Every single time I changed anything I got an updated booking sheet from my TA. That includes payments that I made. I also changed cabins at the last minute and upgraded and got a changed sheet for that.

I dont mean to scare you but we all remember that woman on here a couple of weeks ago saying her and her whole family paid for a cruise something like 10 cabins and they did not get them bc their TA stole their money and never booked the cabins. She was extremely upset.

She can already view her edocs. She couldnt do that without a booking number and a fully paid cruise.

As soon as I receive my paper docs in the mail, I plan to print the e-docs out at the library. I have to print out our flight docs too and checkin 24-hours before leaving. We still have about 7 weeks or so to go, getting very anxious and excited. I get excited for others who have their papers in hand doing the doc dance. :p

Archived