How many bags can I bring on board?

The airlines have stricter regulations with luggage than the cruise line. I would check with your airline. Usually it is 2 bags plus a carry-on per person, with weight limits on the checked bags. I don't think the cruiseline has a limit. Keep in mind that you have to stow the luggage in your stateroom. Some of them are kind of on the small side and finding a place to put them can be a challenge. I have heard some people say their room stewards will store their luggage someplace but I've never had to ask. We always tuck it away under the bed. If it is too tall, we open the suitcase in order to lay it flatter. :)

Supposedly 200 pounds per person which would equal about 4 bags based on allowed airline weights. I do not think they are very strict on that number even as it all must fit in your room. The only one that woul;d know is the porter that you give your bags to along with a nice tip.:)

Yes....keep in mind that the airlines are acting on their weight restrictions. Most of them require that no individual piece be over 50 lbs. They will be more than happy to check your overweight luggage for a fee. My last one was only $25 and that was on NWA. You can check 2 pieces of luggage as well as having your carry-on AND a personal item (purse, camera bag, computer bag, ect...) Just keep in mind that space is limited on most flights....everyone needs to share. ;) :D

I know that doesn't answer the original question....I don't believe that RCI actually restricts luggage. But space is tight in a lot of rooms.

Hope that helps some. :)

DW and I have taken 7 bags aboard between us. Two carry ons, two hang up garmet bags, two large suitcases and one bag of scuba diving gear. Fortunately, we don't have to fly to the ports, so airline restrictions don't bother us. We store the carry ons and the garmet bags in the large suitcases and hide them under the bed. The dive bag fits where ever we can find room.:D

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong so here goes.

The limit of two checked bags usually refers to airlines with a limit on carryons as stated above. It is my understanding that you can carry on as much luggage as you like when you board the ship if it will fit through that 11x17 opening in their scanners.

Personally, I can't wait to hand over most of our luggage to the porters and start my vacation! :D

On my last cruise the Captain made an announcement that said something like give so and so a round of applause, she had the most pieces of luggage out of everyone that came on the ship, 12 pieaces! Everyone couldn't believe it! That is a little extreme for a 7 day cruise! I wondered if he meant her and her family or just her by herself?:confused:

Archived