Calling Beno Experts

Hello-Kitty

I contacted him by email. He responded back with the itinerary. When we got off the ship, we met him by 8:30am. There is a fence around the port. When you leaved the fenced area, just ask anyone, and I mean anyone, where Beno is, and they will get you to him. He will usually have 3 vans waiting.

okay i got pretty much the same email. call me paranoid but in the email it quotesd only to ask the security guard wheres Beno?? Okay is that strange????

I know ton of people have used him. Just weird so unofficial ..oh and he sent me his picture, lol

okay i got pretty much the same email. call me paranoid but in the email it quotesd only to ask the security guard wheres Beno?? Okay is that strange????

I know ton of people have used him. Just weird so unofficial ..oh and he sent me his picture, lol

You'll understand once you get off the ship and see. There are literally over a hundred tour operators trying to get your business as soon as you get to the end of the pier and more across the street. They are all very friendly and will point Beno to you or you to Beno.

It may sound strange but you'll see once you get there.

I've been to several ports that has security officers.....not unusual!

You'll see lots of people on the other side of the fence. They most likely will be yelling, only trying to sell you a tour. I was a little intimidated but I just told them I already had a tour booked with Beno and they directed me right to him. Everyone knows Beno!

Everyone is very friendly and you'll have a great time!!!

Don't worry! Beno will be easy to find. I am going with him again in January with my group of 20. I usually get off the ship a little early, asked where Beno is located ( ask anyone, they will know), go to Beno, and get a sign that says BENO tours, hold it up right inside the dock and get my group together. It is easy. He is GREAT and you will love his tour!

Same here. I know how you feel...I tend to worry. It is a very poor island and different culture so very different from what we're used too. They keep the tour operators way back from the ship, so you have to walk up the little street to get to them, but like everyone has said, the guards and others pointed the way, it was no problem. Beno even went back after our tour started to pick up someone who ran late. Have fun!!

• 4 weeks later...

You will love Beno, he is an upstanding guy and very nice!

We just got back from the Destiny. We booked with Beno and would definitely do it again. He is so knowledgeable, informative and you can tell he loves this island. We went with another couple so the four of us were not packed into a bus sweating with 12 other people. Beno is a wonderful, friendly and sweet guy. The stop at Mr Nice's fruit stand was really an experience, he was a funny guy and the fruit was great! One of the people in our group needed to eat due to medical reasons and Beno stopped off and let them get food and drinks, he helped us out with ideas on what to buy locally and what was a good deal and what wasn't. I got an email on my return from the cruise from Beno just thanking us for everything. He is absolutely wonderful and you will not be disappointed.

Archived