On your SECOND cruise, was it with the same line?

fishmaniac

Hi all,

We were just wondering if you stayed with the same line or tried a different one on your second cruise?

Can you pls share which line & where you went on those cruises?

Thanks!

Our first cruise was with NCL (Crown to Bermuda), second

cruise with NCL (Spirit to Southern Carib), and now third cruise with NCL (Dawn to Carib). We love the freestyle dining and the casual attire.

Our first was RCI to the Caribbean

Our second was NCL to Alaska

Upcoming is Carnival to Alaska-again!

So far we prefer NCL over RCI. We like freestyle dining a lot and specifically chose NCL for that reason. When it comes to Alaska there are a lot of choices. We are looking forward to trying Carnival though. I would say we're not loyal to any one line, but could be to NCL. The only reason we didn't take them to Alaska again is we wanted a different itinerary-didn't want to repeat.

Our first cruise was Celebrity Century W. Caribbean

2nd cruise Celebrity Century E. Caribbean

3rd - HAL Westerdam

Then I decided to try something REALLY different and did a Windjammer from Antigua, I wanted different and I sure got it!

Back to the Century the next cruise and we have another Century cruise booked - I guess you could say we like the ship!:D

Hi all,

Well our first cruise was with P&O.

And our second cruise was with P&O

And our third cruise was with P&O

And our fourth cruise was with P&O

And our fifth cruise was with P&O

And our sixth cruise was with P&O

And our seventh cruise was with P&O

And our eighth cruise was with P&O

And our ninth cruise was with P&O

Our tenth cruise will be with P&O

And our eleventh cruise will be with P&O

And our twelfth cruise will be with P&O

All the above being taken or booked.:D And I guess our thirteenth will be with P&O as well.:D Oct 09 for my wifes birthday. 39 I think:rolleyes:

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

When we decided to cruise for the first time, we saw a local travel agent who interviewed us on our likes and dislikes. After listening to our answers and thinking for a while, he told us about this fairly new cruiseline with a brand new ship that he thought we would like. Our very first cruise was on Celebrity Zenith in its inaugural year in 1992 for the Western Caribbean. We loved it so much that we booked it for the following year for the Eastern Caribbean. Our travel agent steered us in the right direction. Celebrity was such a perfect fit for us that we have cruised Celebrity exclusively since 1992. To us the cruise is our vacation - the ship and all that it offers. The ports are extras, something that adds to the experience.

We had the same experience except we were on the Zenith in '93 for our first cruise. Our TA also recommended Celebrity. Our next one was on Horizon. Since then we have done 1 RCCL w/extended family because of the ITN and then Princess this year for the same reason. We still love Celebrity and are taking our adult children and their spouses in February, 2008 but also on Princess because Celebrity did not offer a Western Caribbean ITN at that time. We really wanted them to have the Celebrity "experience" but the dress code would have been cumbersome for them. Maybe next time.

1st – Long time ago Greek line out of Baltimore weekend cruise to nowhere

2d – RCCL Alaska

3d – Celebrity Mediterranean

4th – HAL Southern Caribbean

5th – Carnival Western Caribbean

6th – Princess Hawaii

7th – Sailing in 3 weeks on Carnival Eastern Caribbean

8th – Hopefully full transit Panama Canal; probably either Carnival, Princess or HAL. RCCL and Celebrity are our least favorite.

On Princess, the staff and service were outstanding; Carnival was a blast, so much fun; and HAL was relaxing and elegant.

1st - Carnival's Jubilee - Eastern Caribbean

2nd - Carnival's Paradise - Millennium Cruise

3rd - HAL's Zuiderdam - Eastern Caribbean

4th - HAL's Prinsendam - Meditteranean

5th - Princess's Coral Princess - Panama Canal (went with friends who booked it)

6th - HAL's Rotterdam - Mediterranean (went with friends - we booked it)

7th - HAL's Rotterdam - Southern Caribbean (went with friends - we booked it)

We really enjoy the ambiance on the HAL ships - in the dining room there's a sense of sophistication and elegance, and old world cruising tradition that we just didn't find on Carnival. Princess was a good experience, we'd go back with them again, but are looking at HAL for our 8th cruise to go back to the Mediterranean. We've already got 3 other couples waiting for us to book so they can join us.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I accidentally won a cruise on an auction site (that doesn't do direct travel auctions anymore) - on Carnival to the S. Carib. Discovered that I loved cruising, but wanted a different atmosphere. Did a lot of research (hadn't before my 1st cruise - didn't even know of the different cruise lines) and picked HAL. Turned out to be a perfect fit for me. Have been on 4 HAL cruises (E. & W. & S. Caribbean/Central America and Alaska) and am looking at HAL for my next one.:)

Hi all,

We were just wondering if you stayed with the same line or tried a different one on your second cruise?

Thanks!

Heavens we sailed many lines before we repeated one. Our first was on Commodore (now defunk) we sailed out of Miami to San Juan, St Thomas and Dominican Republic; had a great time, second was on Costa, St Thomas, St Croix, and I can't remember the third island. didn't like the ship, but cruising is cruising. Oh, I do remember, we went to Nassua. From there we cruised Chandris (also long gone) HAL, NCL and then back on Commodore. It had been 9 years but we had the same cabin steward and waiter, hard to beleive huh? Since then we have cruised all the other lines (mass marketed) except Princess but normally choose NCL.

My personal opinion: try different lines until you find your nitch. Everyone has one I think.

Nita

Our first cruise was 7 days on Carnival's Celebration to the Eastern Caribbean. We had a great time and fell in love with cruising but other things in life meant we didn't cruise again for a few years. Cruised for the second time this past summer on the Golden Princess to Alaska. Alaska is absolutely beautiful ! Our third cruise will be this coming Feb 2008 for 7 days on Carnival's Victory to the Western Caribbean and yesterday I booked a Feb 2009 ten day Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess.

Someday I suspect we will try RCCL, but so far Carnival and Princess have had the itineraries and prices for what we wanted, when we wanted them, and even though they were different experiences they were both great experiences. :)

My second and third cruises were not only with the same line, but it was the same ship and the same cabin :D

We're not overly spoiled for choice here in Australia when it comes to cruise ships, but I really loved that ship so I didn't mind three trips on her :D

It was the P&O Pacific Sky. She's no longer with the fleet though :( She now resides in the Mediteranian as the Sky Wonder.

First cruise NCL SS Norway,may she RIP, given to DH and I for our 25th anniversary from my Mother. ( We blame her for our addiction to cruising.) Our second was on Imperial Majesty, one of those time-share ripoffs, we did love the cruise. Third and fourth was back to NCL. Fifth try something new Celebrity, didn't care for their structure dining, concierge and butler service not as good as what we had on NCL. Sixth back to NCL. Seventh upcoming Halloween cruise--yes NCL and eighth will be Jan. family cruise NCL. We love NCL!:D

Hi all,

Thanks!

Second cruise we stayed with Carnival. We sailed on the Carnival Paradise with our 7 kids and family. We will be taking our third cruise in 39 days on the Carnival Spirit(just DH and I). Then we will be sailing on our fourth cruise on the Carnival Elation in April of 08 with our kids again and other family members. For now Carnival is the cruise line we will sail. The price is good and the ships that we have sailed on have been great.

Our first cruise was in Dec/05 onboard the Grand Princess to Mexico, Grand Cayman and Belize...we loved it

Our second cruise is next March onboard Serenade of the Seas out of San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. I booked with RoyalCaribbean because I just wanted to try another cruise line

Our first cruise was in Dec/05 onboard the Grand Princess to Mexico, Grand Cayman and Belize...we loved it

Our second cruise is next March onboard Serenade of the Seas out of San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. I booked with RoyalCaribbean because I just wanted to try another cruise line

I am sure you will be happy with your choice, not only the ship but the itinerary.

Nita

First cruise was on the old Royal Princess.

Second cruise was on Royal Caribbean. (Never returned there.)

Our third cruise was HAL's 'old' Noordam.....the Noordam III. Current version is Noordam IV. We knew immediately we loved this cruise company.

We sailed about 5 times on Celebrity through the years, about the same number of Princess, once (sort of ) on Carnival and about

55 cruises and counting on HAL.

We LOVE HAL and have no plans to sail any cruise line but HAL in the foreseeable future.

First cruise in 2005 was on the Carnival Conquest, unbeknown to us - during Hurricane Rita.

Second cruise in 2007 was on the Norwegian SUN - during that cruise we got the same tornado weather that hit Central Florida. If you want to talk about rough seas:eek: have I got stories to tell you. :rolleyes:

Upcoming cruise - Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas.

2009 cruise - haven't decided which line but there is a cruise somewhere during that year.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Our first cruise was on the NCL Sun and it was great. We would have cruised with NCL again primarily because we're within driving distance of the terminal, but the opportunity to sail on RCI Voyager of the Seas came about. Galveston, TX is also within driving distance, so we took advantage of an opportunity. I'm anxious to be able to compare the 2 lines and see if we stick with one of them, or switch to a third line to give it a try. At some point, we may try to get to Antarctica and so that will be atleast 3 different cruise lines.

Our first cruise, back in the 80's, was on the Big Red Boat. :o You could hardly call it a cruise. Then a break to raise our seven children. Got a good deal on Celebrity to Alaska, with kids, through a friend. Loved it. Then a RCCL cruise to Eastern Caribbean with kids over Christmas and New Year's. Loved it, too. Then Princess to the Western Caribbean with friends. Loved it, also. We're booked on Princess again, with different friends, to the Southern Caribbean in March. Last week I found a deal I couldn't pass up for a transatlantic in Nov. with Norwegian.

I choose our cruises based on itinerary and price. I use whatever online TA that gives me the best deal, always making sure the price quoted includes all taxes and port charges and that there is no cancellation penalty.

I think a cruise line would have to do everything wrong for me not to enjoy it.

I've been reluctant, though, to sail on Carnival. We are not party people and enjoy quiet relaxation. Carnival's reputation doesn't seem conducive to that type of cruising. Maybe, someday, there will be a Carnival deal I just have to book. ;)

Archived