Advice needed FLL/MIA

vikesfan

On Jan. 27 we sail on the Caribbean Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. I have reserved a room at La Quinta Inn, Hollywood on Jan. 26. However, I am currently finding a cheaper flight into MIA on the 26th. I have liked what I read about this hotel because it is next to a grocery store and liquor store which would be great and also the price is very reasonable. So, I am wondering how expensive it will be to take a cab from MIA to this hotel. Is it worth it, or is there some other hotel that would be easier? I great appreciate any advice/info. Thanks.

We are also sailing from Miami and had considered the La Quinta and our group would have rented a van to the port, but they were sold out. Decided to fly into fll and get a van to Miami. If you can go to Miami cheaper, grab it. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables (AAA rate is great and it is a SAFE area). Same distance from the Miami airport as it is from Coral Gables to the Port of Miami. Only transportation, tho, is taxi unless you rent a car.

Archived