Change of itinerary - La Ramana

bartos

We are going on the Carnival Destiny and originally were supposed to go to Antigua. They have changed it to La Ramana, Dominican Republic. Wondering if anyone has ever been here. Is it as nice as Antigua and what would you do there? It's funny, because years ago we went on Carnival and were supposed to go to Antigua and it got changed to Dominica, so I've never gotten to go there.

We are going on the Carnival Destiny and originally were supposed to go to Antigua. They have changed it to La Ramana, Dominican Republic. Wondering if anyone has ever been here. Is it as nice as Antigua and what would you do there? It's funny, because years ago we went on Carnival and were supposed to go to Antigua and it got changed to Dominica, so I've never gotten to go there.

We have never been to Antigua. We have been to La Romana. If you are into golf, the is a golf course there everyone raves about. (Dog "something or other")

There is also a small artist village that was built years ago. We simply hired a taxi from the dock and went to the artist village. We are use to grabbing a taxi (like in Cozumel) and then grabbing another one to run back. However, here...the taxi driver stays with you the entire time. I can't remember exacly what the fare was...but it was posted. We did not pay him until we returned. He did not try to overcharge us. We had no problems.

The down side was that he spoke very little English...but we managed.

There is also a very nice resort that folks go to there.

Did you mean La Romana dominican republic?

The golf course i think your talking about is tooth of dog it is suppose to be really nice.

We went to la Romana while we were in the Dominican this year. i think the artist village your are referring to as well is Altos De Chavon. It is kind of neat but nothing to right home about.

Most of the stuff they listed we did or atleast heard about or thought about while we were there so if you have any question i can try and answer them

By the way the Dominican was a great country we did 14 days there and yes it is hard to find someone who speaks english but hey if you don't want to experience a different culture you can probably get a good rate in Miami right:)

Archived