(2) 11 year olds and (1) 17 year old kids programs

I was wondering about the programs they have for the kids...my 11 year olds will be going on 12 four months later, I'm wondering if they will like the programs there or if they think it will be lame (that's my kids word of the week, everything is lame). And for my shy 17 year old boy, do you think he would like the teen program?

Thanks for the help...

Just have them try it and see! My kids always loved the programs at all those ages. They really liked the cool counselers even if there was not too many kids they enjoyed. They picked what activities they wanted but always did some family stuff with us and ate supper and attended most shows with us (Their choice) but we encouraged it. We aslo encouraged them to try the clubs and certain activities, and they knew ahead of time that we would be wanting them to at least try it. After the first cruise they knew the score and figured it out...have fun! Oh, my shy 17dd stayed away from the late night 'just hang out' scenes unless they had other active activities going on, she wasn't into the clubbin scene so she hung withus more. We weren't hanging in the bars much either so we enjoyed the time we spent with her.

Have them check out some of the kids Compasses or whatever online to get an idea of the activities they have. That's the way my 12dd chose what cruise we were going on this Dec., by comparing the kids activity papers. (we picked a couple and let her research and have the final choice, it really got her much more involved)

I was wondering about the programs they have for the kids...my 11 year olds will be going on 12 four months later, I'm wondering if they will like the programs there or if they think it will be lame (that's my kids word of the week, everything is lame). And for my shy 17 year old boy, do you think he would like the teen program?

Thanks for the help...

Yes, give it a try. They may like the young people's activities or they may not. One thing: your 12 and 17 year old may get along, but one might feel out of place depending on the ages of others in the group, Have you contacted Royal Caribbean with your problem? If they do not give out names, they might give you an idea how many teens are cruising and their age range.:confused:

Check to see if there is a rollcall for your sailing....if not start one yourself. By the time the cruise rolls around you'll have "cyber met" a bunch of great folks/families who'll be sailing with you - On our rolls call we arrange for the kids to meet thru AOL instant messaging to break the ice.....when they meet onboard it's like a reunion LOL!

My girls still stay in contact with their "cruise friends" from 3 years ago!

The most important thing? MAKE THEM GO TO THE CLUB THE FIRST NIGHT!

~Connie

We went on a cruise in Sept and my boys 12 and 14 LOVED the teen activities. Since there were not too many kids on board, they combined the 2 groups for the week. They should definately go to the teen meet and mingle the first night. Some of the activities were a pool party, game night, dances, scavenger hunt( a favorite), dinners, karaoke and sports tournaments(ping pong,basketball,dodgeball,skating,rock climbing,mini golf,volleyball). They even had a snowball fight on the back deck. There are all kinds of activities. I hardly saw my boys at all the whole week. You probably will be surprised! Have a good cruise:)

Archived