[B]Fashion with an Edge [/B] (site)

Jane110

For those of you who prefer to walk on the edge-ier side of fashion, I found a cool site.

Those that prefer things more tame, or cheaper, you won't like it. I'm not saying it's for everyone, so no need for insults.

(Blue Herons - check out the Vivian Westwood dresses and Cheap Monday jeans!)

www.shopfatal.com

For those of you who prefer to walk on the edge-ier side of fashion, I found a cool site.

Those that prefer things more tame, or cheaper, you won't like it. I'm not saying it's for everyone, so no need for insults.

www.shopfatal.com

i love the shoes.. they look very new york or european...

i love the shoes.. they look very new york or european...

You mean the shoe/boots on the opening page? Yeah, I like them a lot too, especially in the black/yellow combo. I've got no use for them, and they're too pricey for a "maybe I'll find use for them" purchase, but they are fab!

Love love love the shoe boots. I'd buy them if they were half the price, and maybe in a different colour combination (I'm not big on yellow). The Vivian Westwood leopard secretary blouse is great ~ something I would definitely wear and the price isn't too high.

Sigh ... now to be two sizes smaller so I could wear some of that stuff!!!

Janine

Those that prefer things more tame, or cheaper, you won't like it. I'm not saying it's for everyone, so no need for insults.www.shopfatal.com

Funny that you posted this. I saw it on the Daily Candy and sent the picture of those fun yellow shoe boots to my sister!! I only wish they were less expensive....

Jane, that was fun! Some of it I liked (definitely not for me, but my daughter) some of it was a bit weird. Although my style is so different I do appreciate the effort and eye it takes to pull off any style that works.

The boots, well....they are eye-catching :) The Bernard Wilhelm models are hysterical, and why is the back of the dress open like that? My thought was to carry books or a baby or something ;)

The first model on the Vivienne Westwood page looks like she is having difficulty passing gas :D I do sorta like some of her other things, I'm not at all crazy for dresses that look like shirts and they forgot their pants, just a skosh longer would look better (to me).

I'm keeping the site up so my daughter can see the Cheap Monday jeans, she only will wear skin tight jeans all the way to her ankles, most jeasn we purchase for her I have to take in from the knee down.

It's not for everyone, just as Chicos is not for women from teens through their 40's or so.

Ok, these are off the wall. But there are some people out there who will like them and buy them. They seem too expensive for what you get, but that's just me. I used to sew and all clothing has gone up in price. The boots are just too weird, but once again, for the right person, they will like them. I'd like to hear what Stacy London & Clinton Kelly would have to say about them. Hehehehehe. Jane, thanks for sharing the site, it's interesting to see what's out there. If I could still sew (carpal tunnel), I'd make fortune with weird clothes...............well maybe not.

IMHO - I think its hideous! I can not imagine wearing anything on that site. Please dont flame me... but if thats the new "fashion" ... thats one time I will be OUTSIDE of the fashion!

Not flaming, but if you posted a Coldwater Creek or Chico's site and someone told you that it was all so hideous, you'd probably think they had a very closed mind.

But as you say, you're outside of fashion and that's, of course, your choice. ;)

Jane, that was fun!

Good, that was the point. I certainly didn't suggest anyone buy anything! It's fun to look at things we don't normally see. Also, much of the fashions are, what's called in the industry, "directional". IOW, these are often the influence of future mainstream fashion which will take some of the elements and water them down for mass retailers.

Some of it I liked (definitely not for me, but my daughter) some of it was a bit weird. Although my style is so different I do appreciate the effort and eye it takes to pull off any style that works.

I've never seen a catalog where I liked everything. In some I like one to two items, in others, I like 10.

Whether I personally wear it or not, I like to see where fashion is going. I like to see the whole picture and select the elements I feel will have their influence. It's fun to see something next year that was directly influenced by something from a designer I saw this year. But I guess that's why I've been in the business and others here are not. I thought people would enjoy looking at it, whether it suited their needs, figure or budget. I'm glad you did. :)

The first model on the Vivienne Westwood page looks like she is having difficulty passing gas :D I do sorta like some of her other things,

I'm a huge fan of Vivienne Westwood and the fact that she's still a major player after about 30+ years in the industy, without the financial backing that people like Armani or Donna Karan get is a true testiment to her influence and talent. I own one piece from her that I bought about 15 years ago. It's a black velvet double breasted halter top with piqued lapels, and a pleated peplum back w/ white satin lining, and the inside is constructed with 18th century style corset-like boning. It's an incredible piece. It cost me an insane fortune and it still looks incredible today, so I never had buyers remorse. When I get old, I'll sell it for more than I paid for it! LOL!

It's not for everyone, just as Chicos is not for women from teens through their 40's or so.

Exactly, nothing is for everyone! How boring if it were. ;)

mcflurry-pant_1866_thumb.jpg

I would love to see someone wearing this...the cannabis dress...gave me a bit of a laugh seeing that one. I am sure it appeals to someone:cool: .

Seriously, the red wool dress from Vivienne Westwood is killer and if I still had the body for it I would wear it in a minute. The handbags shown were also lovely.

I am like Jane--I occasionally see things in a variety of catalogs and magazines that I like. Once, back in my early 20's I drove all the way from my home in dusty West Texas to Houston to purchase a bathing suit that I saw in an ad in Cosmopolitan and had to have. That was back before the internet--it was such a thrill to actually buy it and bring it home.

mcflurry-pant_1866_thumb.jpg

I would love to see someone wearing this...the cannabis dress...gave me a bit of a laugh seeing that one. I am sure it appeals to someone:cool: .

Seriously, the red wool dress from Vivienne Westwood is killer and if I still had the body for it I would wear it in a minute. The handbags shown were also lovely.

I am like Jane--I occasionally see things in a variety of catalogs and magazines that I like. Once, back in my early 20's I drove all the way from my home in dusty West Texas to Houston to purchase a bathing suit that I saw in an ad in Cosmopolitan and had to have. That was back before the internet--it was such a thrill to actually buy it and bring it home.

This is a VERY, VERY japanese look. This kind of look (minus the marijuana leaf) is quite popular on young japanese girls. I've seen this sort of sihlouette in Japan as well as on the japanese girls visiting here. You need that small, compact asian body with very thin legs and no butt to pull off this look. I've never seen NY or french caucasion women in this kind of look. It just doesn't suit them.

Kdzp, I can relate to your bathing suit story. Many years ago on a day it was pouring buckets I was on the bus home and saw a ribbon crocheted top in an upstairs store. I just HAD to have it. So I got off the bus at the next stop and walked back in the rain to the boutique. Tried it on and bought it because I HAD to have it. Bought it and had to wait a long time for another bus home. Got home soaked to the bone, but happy that I got my top! :)

www.shopfatal.com

LOVED the Tata-Naka boots! What a cool site Jane! Loved all of it!

vestpantandblouse_1890_general.jpg

I think this is a very smart look and not too hard on the pocketbook either! I would probably wear this with a nice black boot or a black d'orsay versus the light shoes shown here. But then it would be somewhat mainstream, wouldn't it? :D And I was thinking I was becoming "edgy". ;)

Bonnie,

I agree with you. I like that outfit too, though my eye can never appreciate black hose with such a light shoe. To pull it off properly, I think one has to have an edgy and very purposeful style, otherwise, it just looks like the wearer has no clue.

I'm seeing a lot of fedora style hats this season. I think it compliments the shorter new hair bob style very well. I bought a fedora a couple of years ago and only wore it a few times, (i'm the beret queen), but may wear it more this winter.

Archived