How to Obtain Free Tourist Visa forAustrailia

levart57

You must call either the airline or your travel agent can call the airline for you.

With passport in hand, you have to provide your full name,passport number,date of expiration. This method is for US passport holders and the visa is valid for one year from the date of the call.

The cruise line is charging $40 per person and ETA on line is charging $12 per person. This is a nice tidbit of information I picked up online today.

Levart57

FYI - Our ETA's were free through Qantas. All it takes is confirmed flights, your Passport info & and a quick & easy call to the airline. You'll be given ETA number(s). All info is then recorded to the airlines computer reservation system for use at check-in. I also confirmed that this process is still in place for our upcoming Australia flight. SeaFish

The visas have been free since we shared the same agreement with the U.S. about 3 years ago or it could even be longer.

Once we had to go to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate and pay for a visa to be put into our passport but then both Governments agreed to make it free and we haven't had to pay since then.

Jennie

• 3 months later...

Can you tell me what the procedure is for those traveling on a Canadian passport? We're booked on the Diamond Princess 2/25/06 Sydney/Auckland. No airfare yet but I want to make sure I have the process down before I make my airline reservations.

When you book your air flight , just tell them that you will be needing a visa as well and they will take your Canadian passport number, expiry date and when you are travelling and do it all electronically. We are travelling on Air Canada to Australia/ New Zealand on Dec. 14th and they took care of it all.

I've been to Australia 5 times - have flown on United and on Qantas - and have never paid for a visa. When I make our airline resy's, I give our passport numbers to the airline and they take care of the visa's electronically.

Never had a problem. Our most recent trip was in Jan. 2004.

Jane

Archived