Customer Service, Price Quotes

nsj

Has anyone experienced customer service over the phone or email quoting prices much, much higher then what they have posted online. Was able to book an inside for $399pp which they now say is 699pp yet it shows online at 499pp. They also said they upgraded me to higher deck for free which is now costing over 1500pp. According to website only thing at this price or higher are the suites. Is this common that they throw these prices out there.

I'm confused...you booked an inside for 399 pp....NCL is quoting you 699.00 pp and now its online at 499 pp? Then they upgraded you, but you are paying over 1500 pp?

Did you actually book at 399 and when did you do it?

Are you looking at the NCL website for the prices?

Are you being charged additional for the upgrade?

If you could give us some of this info, we can help you, but need more specifics to be able to do so.

the prices can change so fast. i get emails saying "prices starting at"...but when you go and look the prices are all over the place. 4 weeks ago we were looking at the spirit for this dec...at that time the prices were all the same for balconies. when we called back 3 days later, the BB's were off the website, the BA's and the BEs were the same price, but the BD was less.(less then they had been 4 days before) a week later, all the prices were $400 more, then a week after that the prices came back down.

by the time i get the next email, i am sure the prices on the website will have changed...again!!

in 2 weeks time, the BAs (on the spirit for dec 2) went from $799 to $1129, back down to $829...to whatever they are now. one week the gty was listed as $1299, but the last time i looked the gty balcony was $699?

it can make your head spin, i don't worry about it. i booked...got a good price for a balcony in mid- ship. with my luck, if i got a upgrade..it would be to the worse cabin in the next level of cabins. (BD balcony to BC balcony)

we actually only put a hold on the website and then tried to book it later and they agreed to honor our price and upgrade us to a deck level that was now going for 1800 and said now the original we got for 399pp is 699pp if we have anyone else who wants to go. But on the website it shows 499pp. Basically it seemed all the prices quoted were much higher then the website like they are playing pretty loose with what they tell you.

Ok..so you got your cruise at 399 with an upgrade that you did not have to pay for, if I understand...the quotes should be the same as the website. What cruise is it? They are correct, anyone else who wants to book will have to book at the prevailing date.

was this through NCL or a TA? remember, the website doesn't include tax and port charges. neither do most qoutes you see on-line. what cabin did you end up with? when you book a cabin, the prices may "start at" one price...but if there are none of those cabins left the ones you are actually getting can be the next price up. the website may still show a level for 499...but that doesn't mean they are available. i did that with our booking (to check to see what cabins were available), when i clicked on that price it got the next page where they tell me it's not available.

there are several levels of inside rooms, OV or balconies. a base price would be the lowest level of any catagory. the cabins actually available at that time could be a higher level..but still the same catagory.

have you gone to NCL.com and sign up for an account? using the NCL reservation number you can check your reservations when ever you want, book excursions and register for your cruise.

i agree, the ports are very interesting. i have a mayan ruin excursion booked for both santo tomas and a all-day one in belize!!! usually i wouldn't be in a hurry to book excursion, but i have wanted to see the ruins for over 30 years, i finally get to go!!! haven't been on the spirit before...but loved the NCL star when we went to alaska.

i was hoping to book a gty balcony and play the waiting game to hope for a upgrade. thought it would be fun, this once. but DH wanted to make sure he got a balcony in mid-ship, plus the price was so good for the one we got. be sure to check out the roll call for your cruise.

Thanks for your help, this will be our first cruise. It is the spirit going out of New Orleans.

ok, I think I am still a little confused. The prices should be the same on ncl website and over the phone. what price are you actually paying, have you put down your deposit, and what dates are you cruising? just a word that probably won't do you much good now: when cruising for the first time it is often better to use a travel agent.

Let us know how this all comes out.

Nita

Archived