Cruising While Pregnant & Being Very Prone To Motion Sickness

far733

My wife just found out that she is 5 weeks pregant. We have a cruise scheduled at the end of January 2008. However, my wife is very prone to motion sickness. Are there any motion sickness remedies that can help her cruise while she is pregnant so that we don't have to cancel our cruise? Thanks in advance!

Your concern is heartening...however......She needs to see her doctor re your question. I doubt anyone would risk offering suggestions that might end up being harmful to her or the baby. The sea sickness question has come up many times on these posts, and ginger capsules have been mentioned. However absolutely don't follow advice from us for your wife.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Like everyone else says, she needs to talk to her Dr. first and foremost. That being said, a cabin low and midship can help lessen the feel of motion on the ship.

Best advise, cabin location. Don't think fancy for this cruise. Think where is the BEST location with the least movement. Like iheartbda said, low and mid ship. Please, contact her doc and do inform the cruise line that she is expecting.

Check with her doctor, which I am sure you intend to do. The ginger capsules seem to be the latest thing howver I think I agree with cb at sea on this one, I would re-consider cruising this time. There are always other years. Just a thought, you can take it or throw it out the door.

Nita

Most of the time the second trimester is when a pregnant woman feels her best. If you have your hearts set on a cruise vacation I would suggest the following. Take a cruise to the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan PR as the waters are less choppy in general. Choose a cabin low and in the middle of the ship because that is known to have the least amount of motion. Also check with her doctor and your insurance company just to be on the safe side .

Enjoy this special time.

Karysa

I am pregnant and now in my second trimester and feel great. HOWEVER, I have gotten carsick lately and I have never been prone to carsickness before. So it's a valid concern.

Some things that have worked for me:

Ginger root (make tea or just nibble/smell it. Keep it in a ziploc bag in the freezer to keep it fresh)

Peppermint tea (this one worked really well for me first thing in the morning to keep from getting nauseous. also, even if it didn't work, it made vomiting much more pleasant-haha!)

Good luck and I say stick with the cruise. And do check with the doc.

My wife just found out that she is 5 weeks pregant. We have a cruise scheduled at the end of January 2008....

Not to change the subject, but each cruise line has different policies on allowing pregnant women on cruise ships. From the Princess website:

“Passengers who will enter the 24th week of pregnancy by the last day of the Cruise hereby agree not to book the Cruise or to board the vessel, and understand and agree Carrier strictly prohibits such persons from boarding.”

Doing the rough math, it appears you fall under the deadline. But just something to be aware of.

im preggers now, 20 wks, and all my doc told me i could take is phenegrin. i'll b leaving for my cruise tomorrow but its my 1st so i dont know if ill get motion sickness, if i do its supposed to help with the nausea...from what it seems you may have to cancel..good luck

Archived