Conflicting upsell info, please help.

lucrob

I contacted my TA and requested that she contact NCL to have them note my file as to our willingness to be contacted re: upsell. The TA came back to me and said that NCL told her that they only offer upsells to previous cruisers.

I dont remember anyone mentioning that before in any of the posts on this subject. Can anyone shed some light?

We haven't cruised with NCL before so obviously this was a bit of a letdown...

I am a first-time cruiser with NCL, and I've been contacted regarding an upsell on the Nov. 18 sailing of the Jewel.

I booked directly with NCL, and I did indicate via phone call to them that I would be interested in any possible upsales......not sure if this is why I got the call or not, but in any case, it did not hurt my chances.

We booked direct also,on our last cruise NCL we had our reservation tagged with a upsell request,and the 2 other couples we went with didnt we were the only ones of the 3 couples offered an upsell. TOM

it just depends, if the high end cabins are not getting any actions...but the low end ones are sellling out..they will start calling (at random) to move people out of the low end cabins. that way they can re-sell the low end ones for the 2nd time. if the cabins on the high end are selling well or are sold out...there is no room to move you up.

i am still dreaming that some will need our connecting balcony and they will move me up. it's a nice dream. but since the suites are sold, the "up" would only be to a balcony on a higher deck, not really a biggie.

you can make all the notations on your reservations you want, but they still may not call. it all the luck of the call.

I have been on 7 cruises & never was offered an upsell. I called NCL the other day and asked the rep why I was never called. The first thing she asked me was "Did you travel with us before"? That gave me some kind of an idea if you know what I mean. I told her I was a previous NLC passenger and lattitudes member. She then told me they call at random and no one can make the request. She said they only have ONE person that calls in that dept and that is it. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Archived