Zuiderdam cabin suggestions????

luvstocruz62

Going on the Zuiderdam, undecided about cabin selection. Taking either a category B or AA. From what HAL tells me, the cabin sizes are identicial (174-176 sq ft) but the balcony sizes are different. Cat. AA 47 sf and Cat. B 68 sf. Can anyone who has been the the Zuiderdam make any suggestions? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:confused:

Hi, CMcCauley - we were on the Zuiderdam in May, in a category AA cabin. I'd actually say the cabin was closer to 200 square feet based on what I read and our experience in other ships' cabins, but I think B and AA are supposed to be the same, whatever they are. Our balcony was comfortable for 2 persons, and was equipped with two armchairs with pads, an ottoman, and a very small round cocktail table. If category B balconies are supposed to be larger I can't confirm, but AA was plenty large for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info! We did book and got the aft cabin #AA4178 on the Zuiderdam. TA said great cabin size & location, hope that she was correct!! Never have had a cabin aft (port), always have been mid-ship port. I am sure wherever I am on the ship, I will love it!! Thanks for your input!! Cmccauley!! :-)

• 8 months later...
Thanks for the info! We did book and got the aft cabin #AA4178 on the Zuiderdam. TA said great cabin size & location, hope that she was correct!! Never have had a cabin aft (port), always have been mid-ship port. I am sure wherever I am on the ship, I will love it!! Thanks for your input!! Cmccauley!! :-)

I am looking to book for 2006 - did you like your cabin?

Thanks,

Gici

Dear Crusingici,

We loved that cabin. It was very large and the balcony was huge. Loved the bathtub (I had never had a bathtub in a cruise cabin before) and the overall layout of that cabin.

Just to let you know the entire balcony IS NOT covered so if you are a very private person, you may want to reconsider and get another cabin. There is an overhang that covers enough area for you to sit under in your loungers so you do have that privacy, but the entire balcony is not covered.

As far as the location (being at the back of the ship) again, I loved that. I will certainly try to book aft cabins on every cruise that go on from now on. My financee' didn't like it nearly as much. He preferred the port mid-ship cabins. Not me, been on 16 cruises this cabin was by far the best IMHO. :) :)

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Archived