Park and Fly Options out of O'Hare?

Has anyone had good/bad experiences using the park and fly option out of Chicago O'Hare? The last two times we've done this have worked okay - the Wyndham is not getting very good reviews on tripadvisor and I was wondering what other hotels people have tried. On a side note - we just flew to Orlando out of Midway and used the Midway Hotel Center for our park and fly. If you're going out of Midway this is the best way to go. There are five/six hotel options that all share the same shuttle system - very efficient. Only down side is they now charge $10 per night for parking.:(

i have stayed at the WYndham 2 or 3 times...it isn't GREAT but it isn't bad......you can deal for a night.......sign up for the byrequest program....you will get a free snack.....and maybe a better room...i am a byrequest nothing member...and i got bumped up to a small suite!

the food is not great....youcan walk across the allstate arena and target parking lot..there is a krispy kreme, a steak n shake (good for breakfast too! cheap) an IHop, and a chilis or applebees...plus a couple sandwich places....

the hotel needs or is being renovated.....but the second time i was there was much better than the first...they do some dumb stuff...(i got checked into an occupied room, then the next time, someone was checked into my room...at midnite...security was pounding on the door...wound up getting free breakfast AND a free night since one of the managers was the one who screwed up!

really the second stay was bette..i even wrote a nice letter to the GM about the 2 ladies at the desk...they should be the managers...:p

it isn't a dump! it isn't great, but it was clean enough and the bed was decent...i got it on wyndham.com for 84 or 89 bucks AAA rate....you can't beat that!

( i think i have a review over on tripadvisor and iirc there are pix too.....my user name there is cruisermeg [i think! too many MEs to keep up with!:eek: ]

Were you looking to stay in a hotel the night before and use their parking options? If so, we have done the embassy suites and it was a great deal. We got breakfast the next morning, parking for 14 nights, and a shuttle to and from the hotel for $250. We are going to San Juan next month and are doing the same thing at the Renaissance Suites, except no breakfast and parking for 10 nights for $119. If you wanted an airport lot, try lot E, it is $13 a day and you just have to take the people mover train to the airport. We did that last time and that was also convenient. Depending on how long you are going for, it might be more beneficial to do the hotel the night before with the parking included. Hope this helps!

Has anyone had good/bad experiences using the park and fly option out of Chicago O'Hare? The last two times we've done this have worked okay - the Wyndham is not getting very good reviews on tripadvisor and I was wondering what other hotels people have tried. On a side note - we just flew to Orlando out of Midway and used the Midway Hotel Center for our park and fly. If you're going out of Midway this is the best way to go. There are five/six hotel options that all share the same shuttle system - very efficient. Only down side is they now charge $10 per night for parking.:(

they JUST stated that 10 buck a night fee.....and they are building 2 or 3 more hotels......so parking will continue to be at a premium...but i like it over there....MDW is much better than ORD...plus you can room charge at TGIF's too! maybe those hotels will start an actual p-n-f package and roll the parking into the room rate.;)

I should have been a bit more specific - we are actually looking for the park, sleep and fly packages. Our flight to San Juan departs O'Hare at 7:33 AM and it takes two hours from our home to the airport. We like this option for early morning flights - plus you get to start your vacation one day sooner :p Nessy48 - I looked at the Renaissance Suites - is that right downtown Chicago? They are not quoting rates for next year yet. I've also looked at the Residence Inn by Marriott - there are rates for 2 bedroom, 2 bath condos parking included for $219 - that would be just over $100 per couple (we have four). This seems like overkill though - we wouldn't need a condo for just one night. We're more looking for a clean room, secure parking for our vehicles for 8 nights and having a bar onsite would really be a bonus. Thanks for all the replies!!

Definitely check out buyreservations dot com. Click on O'Hare. Some of the hotels give you 2 weeks free parking and transportation to and from airport. We have used this before and worked out great. They have quite a few options for O'Hare.

The hotel we booked was the Renaissance Suites in Rosemont, it is 3 miles from the airport. They do have one downtown, but if you look it up on tripadvisor.com, the hotel is under chicago. What I did was looked up all the hotels on tripadvisor.com for rosemont, IL (plus the renaissance ) and just checked their park/sleep and fly rates online. We made a list with all the prices and the nights included for parking. Once we had it in front of us, it was really helpful. The Hyatt Rosemont also had pretty cheap park and fly rates. If you need anymore info, just let me know! Glad to help!

When we booked our park sleep and fly option with buyreservations, it was much less than the hotel's offering for park sleep and fly. About 40% less. We were going to book the hotel's package but buyreservations was much better and no problem at all.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Elk Grove Village in April. We were gone for 15 nights, there were 4 of us. The cost of the room included shuttle to the airport and 14 nights for the vehicle. The extra night was $10. The total cost was about $150, which we split with the other couple. They start shuttles at 4:30 am, so plenty of time for a 7:30 flight. I believe it took about 15 minutes to get to the airport.

torpeedo - that is a great site however I'm kind of surprised that you need to give your credit card number without even knowing if space is available and you don't have a final price before you click that button. You said you didn't have any problems though?

We atay at the Marriott Suites in Rosemont (not the Marriott) when we fly out of Ohare. They share a shuttle with the Marriott but the suites are the last stop picked up before the airport and the first one dropped off. They are always prompt, it is a nice hotel and a very short ride to the airport, prices are reasonable.

Archived