Yeah - Serenade ALMOST back to Caribbean

Hello, I just was reading the reviews placed on CC about the Serenade of the Sea...wow there are some negative comments that RCCL needs to read. I do hope they address these issues regarding Serenade of the Sea before my cruise in 2008. It makes a person a little shy of wanting to eat on this cruise ship. It sounds like the Hawaii run lately has not been up to par with the food even in the speciality restaurants on board. Maybe a new crew will get on somewhere soon.

CincinnatiGal

:cool: I have just finished reading 6 reviews of Seranade sailings to Hawaii on 10-7-07. Ther was one 5+, two 5's, a four, a three and cruisenomorercc gave it an outraged 1. After reading all of them, apparently there were some problems not previously mentioned in some reviews, especially Alaksa 07 tours. Smells of sewage was mentioned several times on deck 3, and even on deck 9, the one I'm staying on on my sailing, 11-10-07, which should be the first of the season out of San Juan.

After 8th RCCL cruises, I've realized that the food is not quite as good as it was years ago. Maybe I was "knocked off my feet" originally, and I have adjusted to the menus, meaning that I am not as impressed as before. HOWEVER, I have never walked away from any meal disappointed that I could not satisfy myself. Much better than at home.

Food aside, I cannot tolerate sewage smells, dirty areas of the ship, etc, as a couple of these reviews suggest. I have never experienced these things on RCCL, but I will be looking with an apen mind on this cruise.

I will give a thorough review as soon as I return to give everyone my opinion of this cruise. I fully expect RCCL to correct any deficiencies experienced on previous cruises:cool:

:cool: I have just finished reading 6 reviews of Seranade sailings to Hawaii on 10-7-07. Ther was one 5+, two 5's, a four, a three and cruisenomorercc gave it an outraged 1. After reading all of them, apparently there were some problems not previously mentioned in some reviews, especially Alaksa 07 tours. Smells of sewage was mentioned several times on deck 3, and even on deck 9, the one I'm staying on on my sailing, 11-10-07, which should be the first of the season out of San Juan.

After 8th RCCL cruises, I've realized that the food is not quite as good as it was years ago. Maybe I was "knocked off my feet" originally, and I have adjusted to the menus, meaning that I am not as impressed as before. HOWEVER, I have never walked away from any meal disappointed that I could not satisfy myself. Much better than at home.

Food aside, I cannot tolerate sewage smells, dirty areas of the ship, etc, as a couple of these reviews suggest. I have never experienced these things on RCCL, but I will be looking with an apen mind on this cruise.

I will give a thorough review as soon as I return to give everyone my opinion of this cruise. I fully expect RCCL to correct any deficiencies experienced on previous cruises:cool:

Look forward to your review.

• 2 weeks later...
We already have our deposit down for 10 people. I understand they have sold the small cat we were on in 2005 but they assured me that they keep the numbers small and the most we would have on our trip would be 12 - kind of feel sorry for the other couple. Just kidding - we're all really fun loving people. This was by far one of the best tours we have ever been on - first class all the way. The only drawback that I can see and it is a small one is that the cat can't dock right there with the big ships, you will take a van (they provide) about 5 minutes to where they keep the boat.

As far as what we'd like to see in your live broadcast - everything of course - oh except the Quest, I want to be totally surprised.

Are you doing Eli's Eco or the Extreme? Having a hard time deciding.

That "other" couple would be me and my DW:) . We were on the Silvermoon in September and while not as nice as the original (IMHO) it was the same level of service as before. Now if the weather would only cooperate that will make a nice day even nicer. Look forward to meeting you all.

:rolleyes: Forgot the Island plan question:

San Juan (arrival) - Tour of Old Town along with El Morro (4th time in San Juan, so it will be more of a tour for the new couple coming along.)

St. Thomas - over to St. Johns for Trunk Bay, lunch on St. Johns, then back for some shopping.

St. Maarten - renting a car from Arthur (Explorer 3-row seating) to tour the fantastic beaches on the island

St. Lucia - Touring with Cosol

Barbados - Nothing as of yet (any ideas?)

Antiqua - Eli's Eco Tour

Whew! I'm tired and excited at the same time!!:rolleyes:

BRL

The Caves in Barbados are a great tour. Underground trollys take you to the depths of the island. It's worth while. We've done it twice and saw something different each time. Reasonable price.

The Caves in Barbados are a great tour. Underground trollys take you to the depths of the island. It's worth while. We've done it twice and saw something different each time. Reasonable price.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into the cave tours. Did you set them up while on board or from a private company?

OK,

We are getting closer to some new reviews. Don't think I can wait much longer. I have never cruised and I really want to hear all kinds of great stories. I have to find the best of the best for when we go next year. Trying to get the hubby to fall in love with cruising so we can again, (and again and again) like some of you pros.

Hi All,

We are also going on the serenade March 22 and also our first cruise.

What do you mean by this ship being drydocked in Feb.?

They are adding new engines to all the Radiance class ships, of which Serenade is one. They actually take the ship out of the water and do the work, hence the term drydock. This additional engine is being added to make it very efficient while in port. At the same time they will probably do extra cleaning and such while there are no passengers around. It is a fabulous ship and immaculate, and the staff was wonderful.

Archived