Jewelry on Board

gopgal

I just lost the diamond pendant that I wear faithfully every day on a chain. I discovered after I got to the office this morning that the chain was hanging lose on my sweater and the diamond was missing! I'm really hoping that it is on the floor at home! But if not, would I be able to find a replacement in any of the shops on Freedom? We're doing the Western route so I'm not really hopeful of finding a great buy on one anywhere during our port visits unless someone may be able to enlighten me! Please help!!

I just lost the diamond pendant that I wear faithfully every day on a chain. I discovered after I got to the office this morning that the chain was hanging lose on my sweater and the diamond was missing! I'm really hoping that it is on the floor at home! But if not, would I be able to find a replacement in any of the shops on Freedom? We're doing the Western route so I'm not really hopeful of finding a great buy on one anywhere during our port visits unless someone may be able to enlighten me! Please help!!

You will have no problem replacing it. Are you going to Cozumel, there are some great buys there. Make sure you know what you are buying though for carat, color, clarity etc. You might want to look around home first so you have a point of comparison and bring the statistics with you so you make sure you are comparing apples to apples. If you really want to find the old one, good luck in doing so. If you really want a new one, I hope you don't find the old one.:D

You will have no problem replacing it. Are you going to Cozumel, there are some great buys there. Make sure you know what you are buying though for carat, color, clarity etc. You might want to look around home first so you have a point of comparison and bring the statistics with you so you make sure you are comparing apples to apples. If you really want to find the old one, good luck in doing so. If you really want a new one, I hope you don't find the old one.:D

EVen better .... find it after you got the new one !;)

I really would like to find the old one but I'm not very optimistic! So you think I might have some luck in Coz? Can anyone suggest a particular store?

I have had very good luck in Diamonds International. I have bought several pieces there including a diamond pendant that I changed the original setting for. They did the whole thing in front of me. Each piece was given an appraisal and I had each of the pieces appraised by a certified independent appraiser when I returned home and all except one appraised for double, while the other one appraised about 1 1/2 times which is extremely acceptable to me. You do need to do a little research so if you are looking for a 1 carat, E color with VS1 you know whether or not you are getting a good deal. HAGGLE! Actually, hubby and I have a code word so I don't say in front of the salesperson "this is gorgeous, I want it, let's buy it" All I say is "opera" and he knows it is haggling time because it was exactly what I was looking for. "Rock and Roll, means I would love it, IF he can get a great deal but I can live without it" and "country" means don't bother I liked something in another store better.

I am very happy to report that I actually found the pendant when I got home last night! It rolled under my bed so thankfully my problem is has been solved!! Thank you to all who took the time to offer suggestions!! I'll still be on the lookout, though, for something new that may catch my eye!!!

Archived