Hello from Volendam!

bepsf

Brian, sounds like quite a day over at HMC. Glad the island is in good shape. I'm looking forward to seeing Greg's pictures and hope the rest of the cruise is as great. In all the times I've been on HMC, I never even knew about those cabanas and the butler service. Just recently read about it on this board under a separate thread. Interesting.

It was, indeed, a wonderful day ashore at HMC!

The Island is in great shape ... very little damage, though there is a bit of beach erosion. It was still lovely. ... In truth, it was a great day. And HMC is lovely ... as always!... Just wanted everybody to know how great it was and that HMC weathered Noel without too much trouble! The only things that were cancelled were the glass-bottom boat and the stingray city ... these activities were cancelled due to water damage and too much silt in the water. ...

... Volendam is in Dam-Good shape, as is HMC – no damage that I could tell from the recent storms, just a bit of excess seaweed on the beautiful white sand beaches.....

Thanks again to you both for the reports. I am so glad you are having such a good time. I've put a cross-reference to your posts here, in the thread I started asking whether Noel had affected HMC. I'm sure I'm not the only one who really appreciates the reassurance that the island is in good shape.

I'm relieved too, to hear the good news about HMC. I'm sorry the stingray pool was closed; I loved snorkeling there a couple of weeks ago, but there's plenty else to do--and it sure seems like all of you found a day's worth of fun!

Can't wait to hear what else you learn about the upcoming dining changes too.

Thanks for your reports, I read them with great interest since we'll be sailing on the Volendam in 78 days according to our curise countdown clock! Glad to hear that all is ship shape! AC, HMC etc.

Can't wait to see the pics of your voyage. s happy to hear that you are all having a grand ol time.

Curious to hear how the AYW dining fits in. We have early seating on our upcoming cruise and as you suggested about the gentleman wearing a "vest", don't really care for the switch.

Sounds like a wonderful trip so far. If you happen to meet Kelly and TJ - known as GufiFoot here on the boards - please give them huge hellos from Laura and Sean. They are two of the most fun people you'll ever meet.

We'll be on board for Christmas and New Years and we are loving the preview of the itinerary!

Christopher and I landed at about 10:30 pm local time and transferred to the Comfort Suites (a "complementary" shuttle ride; though I must admit that the compliments were a bit lacking

Rev Neal, just wondering how the Comfort Suites were, we are staying there before our cruise.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to report last night or upload photos ... the ship fell off the internet yesterday! Ahhhh!

Last night was a very nice, quiet, Smart Casual evening. The food was excellent (at least, I thought it was good), and the service continues to be good, too. Most people dressed nicely ... I saw a few men in suits, but most were in slacks and polo-shirts, button-down shirts, knit shirts ... etc. I was in a jacket, slacks, and button-down shirt; Scotty was in dress jeans and an "English Laundry" shirt; Christopher was wearing white dress pants and a tan shirt with white embroidery; Brian was dressed in his casual velvet jacket and other relaxed finery. The ladies were decked out very nicely indeed: Monica was in nice jeans and an empire waisted blouse, Janice was dressed in a multicolored blouse with dark slacks, Adele was wearing a nice casual dress. (Thanks to Christopher for his memory on what we were wearing last night).

We had a nice CCer get-together this morning from 10-11 am. There are about 30 of us aboard for this cruise, and about 20 showed up for the get-together. The Hotel Manager, the CD, one of the ship's Physicians, and the Chief Housekeeper were all at the get-together, which was nice. They had coffee, tea, water, and cookies for us, and the get-together was held in the port-side wing of the Crows Nest. After a while, about 10 of us sat around and chatted until 11:30 am (well after the meet-time), when we vacated the area so they could set up for a different group.

Photos from "Full Moon Cay" (you apply the interpretation) will follow in my next post. They should be done uploading by the time this posts to the board.

Hello from Volendam!

We’re enjoying a lovely day at sea – the ocean is calm and the sky is sunny and blue.

Just completed a lovely Meet & Greet in the Crow’s Nest – met Sage, Gufifoot, StockCop, BillsRobb, Palmbeacher among others – all lovely folks. (Thanks Adele for reminding me of who we met while looking over my shoulder ;) )

BTW – Ruth, Adele did get your message and she appreciates your kind thoughts. You have been the topic of much conversation – have your ears been burning? We wish you and Emily were here to play “Dress-Code-Cop” with Christoper – and to enjoy all the Chocolate desserts (why are there so many???)

The satellite went down last night – just as well as we needed to take a break and enjoy our Dissarono (sic) over ice in the Crows Nest last nite.

Also just booked Pinnacle for whatever night is Master Chef night.

From the “Introductions” department.

You may have noticed another new poster “Montana_Bad_Boy” This is our pal Jeph who has served aboard HAL off and on for a number of years, most recently aboard Amsterdam earlier this summer. (Hence the weather reports… ;) )

Speaking of Ships Officers, Security Officer Larry is aboard (from the Noordam reunion cruise) He’s with his lovely wife, but still not playing “Fashion Police”…

Rangely – Adele says the Comfort Suites are “OK” – nothing to write home about…

NanaApa – Don’t forget to give Cousin Susan a call/e-mail to organize a lunch while you’re on the East Coast, and have a look in the Eurodam RollCall threads for the Inaugural – Perhaps someone else here can help post a link, as I don’t want to burn up too much of my wireless minutes…

Also: Give Robyn and the kids huggs from Uncle Brian. Try and find out what they want from Aruba & Curacao – our next ports of call… Also – thank her and tell her that Scotty still has both eyes – haven’t hit him w/ a Champage cork yet…

Emily – if you’re reading this, Adele wants you to e-mail her please. BTW – the dancers are scrumptious.

TTFN (Ta-Ta For Now)

Photos from HMC (otherwise known, now, as Full Moon Cay). The folks in the now-infamous Red Cabana are to blame!

vol1.jpg

The Volendam anchored in the bay ... always a lovely sight.

hmc1.jpg

Adele and Christopher on the beach.

hmc2.jpg

cabanas and the beach ... notice the amount of beach erosion.

hmc3.jpg

hmc4.jpg

It all sounds fabulous and I'm so happy you are having such a great time.

The Duckies didn't come to the Meet and Greet? That's too bad! Head Duck is a lovely lady and I thought she might have come.

If you think of it, Brian, please send our regards to Larry....... Glad he isn't into fashion policing!!!

Thanks for spending your cruise time and internet dollars sharing with us.

Enjoy!

More Photos from HMC!

hmc5.jpg

Scotty and Adele having a great time in their red cabana!

hmc6.jpg

Scotty posing on the beach ... should this go into a Muscle-man magazine??

hmc7.jpg

Brian and the girls are floating out in the bay ... ah, what a great day!

hmc8.jpg

A view from the Cabana

hmc9.jpg

One of the "new" HMC tenders, with the Volendam in the background ... these make it easy and quick to transfer ashore and back to the ship.

Gorgeous photos, Greg. THANK you for them.

You're killing me. Can't wait to get there on Maasdam.

It sure does look like there's been more erosion since our last visit to HMC. It still looks like Paradise to me!!! :)

Greg,

Great pictures, send more, can't wait the 17 days before we board:p

I am going to get up early Friday and get you the pictures you wanted of the Volendam going through the canal. Do you want me to email them to you using the address on your web site?

And still more Photos ... and a video ... from HMC!

hmc10.jpg

This is the imfamous "swim-suit waving" that Brian and Scotty took to toward the end of a long day of drinking on the beach! I was asked to perform absolution ... not sure they're too contrite about it, though!!! ;)

Here's a link to a .rm file of that event ... download and play it on you computer, if you have RealPlayer! It's pretty funny. Adele is chasing Scotty Brian, trying to get their swim suits away from them. Naughty naughty!! But fun!

http://www.revneal.org/Resources/vol07/hmcundies1a.rm

If you prefer a .mp4 file, you can get it here!

http://www.revneal.org/Resources/vol07/hmcundies1a.mp4

I am going to get up early Friday and get you the pictures you wanted of the Volendam going through the canal. Do you want me to email them to you using the address on your web site?

Would you please do that! I would appreciate it greatly! THANKS!

Archived