NCL 10 day Hawaii cruises

SabrinaNP

Does anyone know when NCL will post their 10 day round trip Honolulu cruises for 2009? I see that the 7 day cruises are posted on the NCL web-site but do not see the 10 day cruises posted as of yet. How far in advance should one book this cruise? Thanks.

I'm not sure NCL will resume 10 and 11 day Hawaiian cruises in 2009.

The only reason the Pride of Aloha is doing 10 and 11 day cruises this winter is because NCL cancelled the 10 and 11 day cruises once scheduled for the Norwegian Sun. NCLA was and is still losing large amounts of cash, so earlier this year NCL repositioned the Sun to Miami instead, and will reflag and reposition the Pride of Hawaii to Europe early next year. Effectively halfing the number of cabins in the Hawaii market next year. Lets hope that puts NCLA back into black ink.

The Pride of Aloha 10 and 11 day cruises this winter provides a good replacement for the cancelled Sun's 10 and 11 day Hawaiian cruises. Otherwise NCL would have had to refund many more early bookings of the Sun. Since the Sun's 10 and 11 day Hawaiian cruises ended when the Sun repositioned to Vancouver for the Alaskan summer 2008 season, there was no need to continue past next Spring with the 10 and 11 day Hawaiian cruises with the Pride of Aloha. And there is no need to have them next winter. The Pride of America 7 day Hawaiian provide a good replacement for the cancelled Pride of Hawaii cruises.

I don't expect NCL to reinstate 10 and 11 day Hawaiian cruises soon, at least not until the Hawaiian market grows to support them again. So, if you are interested in the 10 and 11 day Hawaiian cruises, book them this winter. No one knows when NCL will reinstate them.

The Sun was scheduled for regular cruises in Hawaii (not just an occasional repo)? I missed that big time!!!

We (family of four) were booked in a balcony on the Sun 10 day, February 2008. It fit perfectly into our schedule, but I wasn't particularly thrilled with the Fanning Island schedule.

When they cancelled the Sun cruises - which took the place of the Wind cruises, we were upgraded to a suite as there are no four person balcony rooms. I am thrilled. there was a small price difference. It ended up costing us $6.00 less.:D

We (family of four) were booked in a balcony on the Sun 10 day, February 2008. It fit perfectly into our schedule, but I wasn't particularly thrilled with the Fanning Island schedule.

When they cancelled the Sun cruises - which took the place of the Wind cruises, we were upgraded to a suite as there are no four person balcony rooms. I am thrilled. there was a small price difference. It ended up costing us $6.00 less.:D

Some times my grandmama's old cliche is true: Things usually work out for the best. What an awesome score! Enjoy.

beachchick

Archived