Is it just me???

Little Miss

I just posted this on another thread, but it seems as though it will fit in quite well on this thread, so I'm going to repost:

The reason that I booked my first HAL cruise was because a wild gal-pal and her husband enjoyed themselves. I checked prices. BINGO! Booked the Volendam.

Shortly after, I jumped over here to the HAL forum to ask about the Topless Deck. Heads Exploded.:D

I was told that I wouldn't be a "good match" for Holland America. Maybe I'd be "happier" on Carnival. I didn't fit the typical Holland cruiser.

Guess what? Those condescending "suggestions" made me dig in my heels.

Dom and I found the Topless Deck. We loved it. We love HAL.

No one can determine if another individual is going to be a "match" with any cruise line. Certainly not from information gleaned from an internet forum.

In closing, let me say that I'm delighted that I've helped steer other posters here to HAL, or made them feel at ease with their decision to book passage.

It's a quality product. I'm betting that you'll love it!

Just don't let anybody on an internet forum determine whether you'd be better off elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Traffic's always a bloody mess. Have you ever been on the M25 here? THEN you could complain!! lol.

Oh and I hope you get to keep the Beckhams.:D You lucky, lucky people.

Nope, because you guys drive on the wrong side of the street:eek: and I'd either be dead in two minutes and/or caught going in endless circles without being able to get out of one of your roundabouts:eek:

Ruth, now don't act all innocent! It was this one I was referring to.:D

I knew what you were referring to. I just didn't/don't know why I'm being taken to task for it.

It was meant as a light-hearted diversion.

Nanette - we would never let other posters be a deciding factor on who we cruise with! We will make our own decision about HAL at Xmas - and if we don't like it we will just jump ship straight back to Celebrity. Who knows, hopefully we will love HAL - we are certainly going with the intentions of having a bl**dy good time!

Funny I've always thought your posts to be amusing - I have even seen you pop up on tour web sites - Trinidad I believe? Is that right? Usually with beer in hand having a good time it seems! Good for you.

There are lots of posters here that I would happily like to cruise with - there are some that I think will just be going on my "ignore" list.

Have fun all, whatever and wherever you decide to cruise.

Copper 10-8 - roundabouts are great (but there are none on a motorway) - we have problems with driving on the wrong side of the road as well. Watch out if we are about ;)

Sue

Funny I've always thought your posts to be amusing - I have even seen you pop up on tour web sites - Trinidad I believe? Is that right? Usually with beer in hand having a good time it seems! Good for you.

Not Trinidad (YET!!!), but tour sites in Cozumel, Belize, Curacao and Dominica! :D

Have a blast for your Christmas cruise, baby! :)

[quote name='Little Miss']Yes John, but that is exactly my point - you don't HAVE to "spend your time and effort to repeat it all". Leave it alone and let someone else answer if they want, or be friendly if you are pointing them to another link. Like I said before.... "here is a thread - discussed last week" is not too friendly to a newbie, and is almost telling them not to bother posting unless it is something REALLY interesting for other cruisers.[/quote]

Well said, Little Miss! It Isn't " just you", there are many of us feel exactly the same way.

Archived