Another Wine And Dine Question???

:confused: I have purchased the wine and dine program going on the Freedom 11/11, it says 15% grat. included in the price that I have prepaid. Has anyone been charged another 15% on the ship? It also says only can be ordered in the dining room or the Windjammer, has anyone had it delivered to the stateroom? Would you also pay a cork fee if delivered to the room???

Thanks!!! :cool:

You will NOT be charged another 15% service charge, you've already paid it. I've never had a bottle of wine delivered to the cabin, I don't think this can be done but not sure, someone else will know. There won't be any corkage charges.

I have some wine & dine questions also. Will they serve you a bottle from your package in the supper clubs? Also after dining, can you take the rest of the bottle to your room? Thanks!!

By supper clubs I'm assuming you are referring to the specialty restaurants - Chops and Portofinos? If so the answer is yes. As for taking the rest of your bottle back to your cabin, I think you can, just not sure. I do know they will save it for you for the next day. We've never had to worry about this, there has never been anything left :D.

We had the wine and dine package and had wine delivered to our cabin each evening, for before dinner drinks on our balcony, along with a cheese plate. We did it through room service and they said they could do it if the dining room was open. We had late seating, so the dining room was open for early seating when we called. This was on Sovereign, so another ship might be different.

We had the wine and dine package and had wine delivered to our cabin each evening, for before dinner drinks on our balcony, along with a cheese plate. We did it through room service and they said they could do it if the dining room was open. We had late seating, so the dining room was open for early seating when we called. This was on Sovereign, so another ship might be different.

We ordered wine for our cabin on Rhapsody, after the dining room opened at 6:00PM. We have also used our wine package in the specialty restaurants as well. If you already have a bottle open they will bring it from the dining room for you.

:confused: I have purchased the wine and dine program going on the Freedom 11/11, it says 15% grat. included in the price that I have prepaid. Has anyone been charged another 15% on the ship? It also says only can be ordered in the dining room or the Windjammer, has anyone had it delivered to the stateroom? Would you also pay a cork fee if delivered to the room???

Thanks!!! :cool:

I ordered the Wine and Dine package for our January cruise on the Voyager. I called Customer Service and was told that I can to have my wine deliveried to our table since it has to be uncorked there but if we didn't finish it we can either have them hold it for us or bring it back to our room. Since I paid over $200.00 for this package (birthday gift for my sister) we don't feel like we should have to share it with strangers at our table. My sister & I plan on having our wine opened at lunch (when we are by ourselves) and bringing the bottle back to our room where we can have a glass before we go down to supper.

And to answer your other question... you should not have to pay a second 15% grat nor a corking fee. Just have a copy of your receipt with you so they know that this was all prepaid.

I have a question - it is really a problem of sharing wine with others at the table?? I guess my thought is my hubby and I paid for it, so it is our bottle. Do people just assume they can have some because it is sitting there?

If so, I guess we are going to have to figure that out. This is the first wine and dine package we are doing, but when we have sailed before, it has been with friends (whom we sat with) and it wasn't a problem. This time it is just hubby and I, and we requested to be seated with others, so I wonder if it will be a problem if we have our bottle of wine at the table. Hubby and I enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner, and that is why we are doing the package.

Hopefull someone can answer this for me. thanks!

Tree

I had a wine and dine package on the navigator, I had it to myself as my DH doesnt care for it. i didnt have a problem, everybody just had their own. i just left what was left for the next night.

Iv asked on another thread and been told that once youve bought it you can take it anywhere? does this include other bars on ship? do you just ask for a glass? I would like to know this as i would like to have the bottle over the evening but not just in one place.:D

I have some wine & dine questions also. Will they serve you a bottle from your package in the supper clubs? Also after dining, can you take the rest of the bottle to your room? Thanks!!

Yes! Also, I believe you can take the bottle pretty much anywhere... other bars, into the theater, on deck, etc.

I have a question - it is really a problem of sharing wine with others at the table?? I guess my thought is my hubby and I paid for it, so it is our bottle. Do people just assume they can have some because it is sitting there?

If so, I guess we are going to have to figure that out. This is the first wine and dine package we are doing, but when we have sailed before, it has been with friends (whom we sat with) and it wasn't a problem. This time it is just hubby and I, and we requested to be seated with others, so I wonder if it will be a problem if we have our bottle of wine at the table. Hubby and I enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner, and that is why we are doing the package.

Hopefull someone can answer this for me. thanks!

Tree

I've never ran into this problem. Some tablemates offer their bottle of wine to the rest of the table, and some do not. I think it would be incredibly rude of your tablemates to ASSume that they are welcome to YOUR bottle of wine. I'm sure those kind of people are out there, but I've been lucky enough to have never been seated with them.

Since I paid over $200.00 for this package (birthday gift for my sister) we don't feel like we should have to share it with strangers at our table.

You're under no obligation to share your wine with anyone but yourselves! We always have wine with dinner and have not shared. I don't think it's something that's expected. If others at the table have wanted wine they've ordered it. We've certainly never felt "entitled" to wine purchased by our tablemates.

I didn't think it would be a problem, but wanted to make sure. We are spending almost $200 on wine, and I guess I would be upset if people just assumed they could have some!!!!

We are doing a different bottle every night, and want to bring leftovers to our room so we can sit on the balcony and enjoy a glass just ourselves.

This is the first cruise that hubby and I are going on alone - no friends, no kids. While it is always fun to go with friends and kids, we have been married 5 years and are looking forward to just some him and I time, which is why we are doing the balcony!!!

We are sooooooo excited!

Tree

Archived